Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
User_1145141919810

CV‘s dilemma IMO(the reason why DD disappear)

15 comments in this topic

1,278 posts
11,530 battles

1.CV is much weaker than before,it do most damage by fire and flooding.In coop,2 CV can't kill a BB in 10 min,and this is not rare.

2.But CV can take place of DD and let DD die easily.

i. CV can spot,and set observation posts everywhere.It can keep DD spotted,and a spotted DD is a dead DD.

ii.CV's rocket can destroy DD's modules easily and many times.No room for repairing.

iii.A AA dilemma:DD's short range AA is almost nothing when fighting enemy DD.Long range blasts can indeed do great damage,but it's effective range is bigger than detection range in air.Which means,if a DD wanna shot down planes,it must expose himself to enemy planes,and get spotted,and died by CL fires.

So IMO,when a DD fires AA guns,it shouldn't increase air detection range.

Meanwhile,make throwing bombs easier and faster.

274 posts
8,539 battles

its not only DD, many CL, and even some CA benefit from concealment and this concealment oriented build and game play is now broken, the perma spotting is a result of the AA simply unable to kill planes and we can all go read numerous post, the fact is now one need to heavily invest in AA modules and skills to even start to effectively kill planes and if any squadron had even 1 pane left it can still spot from the air.

Since PTS I've already mentioned that the test is all over skewed as too many are testing AA build on good AA platform and forge all the others ... what out the average ship of all type that are not AA build, or poor AA platform but stealthy ones ( say some UK and Soviet DD ). Stealth is part of the key game play element and when that element is all broken and taken away , the kind of ship cannot even hope to survive let alone fight

No DD will not disappear from the roster, they will just hang around at the back with the BB cause that's only way to keep alive .. the game pace and game diversity suffers enormously

147 posts
3,789 battles
1 hour ago, User_1145141919810 said:

1.CV is much weaker than before,it do most damage by fire and flooding.In coop,2 CV can't kill a BB in 10 min,and this is not rare.

2.But CV can take place of DD and let DD die easily.

Both is true, CV is much weaker than before
Average damage per game is so low
If that is the case then I hope they gonna change the average damage requirement for CV patch cause its so low every game. 

274 posts
8,539 battles
1 hour ago, quyprocm said:

I won't take my DD in game at this time :)), planes every where.....

Or if I take any I won't have the DD run out front .. which basically mean the DD are not doing anything worthy

Edited by Mechfori

264 posts
8,688 battles

i just feel 0.8.0 its ninja buff for BB, whe playing BB i feel much comfort than plying cruiser and DD because always get detected in game i keep manuver until i died....
when play BB i just play like normal.......
i think WG should restrict CV just for 1 CV per side.......

274 posts
8,539 battles
12 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

i just feel 0.8.0 its ninja buff for BB, whe playing BB i feel much comfort than plying cruiser and DD because always get detected in game i keep manuver until i died....
i think WG should restrict CV just for 1 CV per side.......

And while trying turn , sail and fight you had to manage the AA sector at the same time ... without ability to single out and designate a primary target air element ( say torp plane instead of bomber ) how stupid can this be .. do real AA work that way Captain keep yelling to is crew ( port, starboard, starboard, port, starboard, ....... ) No they tell the crew incoming and show them which to target and let them do their work

264 posts
8,688 battles
1 minute ago, Mechfori said:

And while trying turn , sail and fight you had to manage the AA sector at the same time ... without ability to single out and designate a primary target air element ( say torp plane instead of bomber ) how stupid can this be .. do real AA work that way Captain keep yelling to is crew ( port, starboard, starboard, port, starboard, ....... ) No they tell the crew incoming and show them which to target and let them do their work

when im plying DM 2 CV targeting me, its look like they have some vendetta to AA ships even im using legend mod DM, its not enough when you get targeted y 7 ships and manuvering at same time.....

1,192 posts
5,617 battles

right now I wasn't be so sure about DD disappear, it was like this back when US CL line launch DD almost extinct.

but they manage to bounce back after a mounth.

right now is only a few day CV rework go live they ought to be over abundant naturally.

if after a mount and DD still in dire State, that's when we have to start worry.

81 posts
3,759 battles
11 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

right now I wasn't be so sure about DD disappear, it was like this back when US CL line launch DD almost extinct.

right now is only a few day CV rework go live they ought to be over abundant naturally.

if after a mount and DD still in dire State, that's when we have to start worry.

Cuz radar won't last forever.

Aircrafts of CVs might.

274 posts
8,539 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

No I play DD, and I plan to stop playing DD and CL once my trial on this update with all type of ships ( except CV, I don't play CV ) done. Radar can be deal with even though they should be nerfed , they have limited quantity and run a limited time slot and had cool down, not the planes, now its perma spotted all through the game, especially if you are in a 3 CV game then forget it its perma spotted for anyone for the whole duration.

No .. not going to play DD and CLnot until WG had a fix on this perma spotting and non functioning AA

Edited by Mechfori

470 posts
4,675 battles
3 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

That is true though. Honestly, I like the new gameplay design. But what I didn't like is the fact that I can't deal reasonable amount of damage to BB. Heck, this is still in Co-op by the way. Also, I felt the AA were too strong. Seriously, a bloody Kongo can completely repel my squadron even before I launch an attack to her.

1,278 posts
11,530 battles
14 小時前,mr_glitchy_R 說:

That is true though. Honestly, I like the new gameplay design. But what I didn't like is the fact that I can't deal reasonable amount of damage to BB. Heck, this is still in Co-op by the way. Also, I felt the AA were too strong. Seriously, a bloody Kongo can completely repel my squadron even before I launch an attack to her.

On the contrary IMO as long as planes stay away from blasts(black clowds),they can''t shoot down a single plane.

470 posts
4,675 battles
2 minutes ago, User_1145141919810 said:

On the contrary IMO as long as planes stay away from blasts(black clowds),they can''t shoot down a single plane.

So how do I attack a BB when they have such a strong AA? And, I don't know how to dodge them.

1,278 posts
11,530 battles
1 分鐘前,mr_glitchy_R 說:

So how do I attack a BB when they have such a strong AA? And, I don't know how to dodge them.

IMO:

1.Use rocket to destroy some AA.

2.Attack from different angles.

3.One detail to be aware:No blasts in short range.You can attack close.

Sign in to follow this