Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kyjo

Tier X DD's now obsolete

39 comments in this topic

20 posts
1,658 battles

Tier X aircraft one shot DD's. Dumbest patch ever.

[AJAX]
44 posts
1,679 battles

The old CVs can one shot DDs way easier. 

• Cool 2

479 posts
1,474 battles

I have said this many time. There shall be a separate Nav-Air specify combat mode with air operation specific map and AA equipped ships and captains. 

And leave the BB/CA/CL/DD surface gun/torpedo battle game mode alone.

Historically, air operation had the range to disrupted almost all surface action, Air power replaced gun power, and all other ships equipped differently to support CV with very different operation dynamics. CV and BB  belongs to 2 different era in naval combat

Edited by tsuenwan
  • Cool 3

20 posts
1,658 battles
43 minutes ago, SecretIdentity said:

absolute rubbish, with these rockets it is way easier. WG have completely destroyed the entire DD line. All that time grinding has now been wasted. DD players will be leaving WOWS in droves now

[DISF]
21 posts
6,384 battles
1 hour ago, SecretIdentity said:

Agreed. Cross torp can easily kill DD unless the DD's captain know how to evade properly.

[CLAY]
1,191 posts
8,099 battles
8 hours ago, P_TuSangLui said:

Agreed. Cross torp can easily kill DD unless the DD's captain know how to evade properly.

Agreed, but while you evade air ordinance, you get hit by shells form surface ships. BBs, CAs, can learn to deal with lack of concealment, most DDs and CLs rely on it.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

[ANZAC]
Beta Tester
570 posts
3,063 battles
13 hours ago, kyjo said:

good , about time DD have been op for far to long 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[SMOKE]
653 posts
10,034 battles

I do not see any OP ship .. what I see is game mechanism that just do not work .. if a type ( actually 2 ) of ship base their run on concealment and making attack from concealment then concealment must be made to work for them and its right now NOT. If a type of ship is to utilize fire power at long range ( BB ) and can do it quite consistent and well would you call it OP .. so why are DD and CL able to conceal and fire called OP .

No the OP part is result of people all not willing to go up front to confront enemy elements. I've read so many of these comments, I mainly play DD, but  also play a lot of CL and CA, and also BB There is a mentality in big gun player to stay still, sit tight and just think they can be there pounding others without needing to care or the others had to fend for them .. that is not the case each and everyone on a team need to participate , and this include taking risk, pushing forward,

if a teams light force had use theirs with support from their team they can vanguard and scout , and there would be no or very few surprise from enemy .. BB, CA big guns feel it that DD are op only because they chose not to go forth and support the light force and the light force thus are forced to stay back and not doing their duty .. when light force are asked and tasked to do their vanguard, guns need to fellow to put in immediate and in range effective fire support but this is sadly very much lacking in the game right now as guns almost always only wanting just to stay all back

CV in 0.8.0 actually kind of force this to change since sitting still no longer work, still big guns are now juicy target for CV .. yeah DD are now perma spotted and targeted, but then DD player had a choice he/she can choose simply not to go forth, not to go cap, not go scout, not to go spot ( not like it need to now ) .. not unless everyone go with him/her as the AA require that .. so in tha sense its actually good for the DD but the game suffer since now its all snail pace and at least 70% of the time its everyone vs the planes 

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 3

26 posts
13,609 battles
17 hours ago, kyjo said:

i agree they have ruined the game

20 posts
1,658 battles

Yep got killed with one shot two games in a row by aircraft. First game lasted a little over two minutes the next not much longer. 

NICE GOING WARGAMING !

[SIBYL]
52 posts
7,885 battles

All DDs except T2 are now obsolete. Sure they don’t one shot DDs anymore, but in old system you have a chance that you have a good CV on your side to protect your DDs from drops, and DF AA negates plane threat from DD. With the new system, it is much more difficult to stop a CV from dropping DDs who are playing the objectives, and CV even though they don’t one shot DDs, are super strong at denying DDs their objective, and in general shoe them down to play with the fleet. 

The issue of the new CV rework is that a hell lot of ships are render obsolete by the new CV play. Only those with special AA setups can remain functional, which the majority of players may not have access to.

• Cool 1

[HKENL]
161 posts
8,061 battles

dd players dropped significantly. previously, it is common to have 3-4 dds in one t10 battle but now just 1 almost 2.

the play style is also changed, everyone focus on planes/cvs, no more dd will push or cap. too sad.

Edited by da189

1,313 posts
5,978 battles

i partial disagree.

shimakaze, to me she still viable with her 20km torpedo "only"

it's the only option that allow you to stick with team AND attack enemy at same time.

BEST thing about this patch is CV plane don't spot torpedo anymore.

[SMOKE]
653 posts
10,034 battles
54 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

i partial disagree.

shimakaze, to me she still viable with her 20km torpedo "only"

it's the only option that allow you to stick with team AND attack enemy at same time.

BEST thing about this patch is CV plane don't spot torpedo anymore.

I forget to ask, does the BB / CA / CL Spotter plane or even Cat Fighter spot torpedo now ?? if yes we have a funny situation here

1,313 posts
5,978 battles
7 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

I forget to ask, does the BB / CA / CL Spotter plane or even Cat Fighter spot torpedo now ?? if yes we have a funny situation here

yes they still can but with new CV meta most of them would pick FT over spotter and FT flight time is very short so it wouldn't be too much problem.

[NAU]
172 posts
5,366 battles

Its not just DDs. The patch has put the CV at the top of the food chain and everything else under it to a point where theres no specific order anymore where there was a counter to each type. Its all jumbled up with the other 3 types of ships where none of them are playing there intended roles due to the CV dominating. This is what happened in reality and now WG has actually brought it in-game. The only thing is the game is sold and marketed as a surface ship game, where 95% of the player base came to this game for this reason (to shoot ships) and since the patch has turned it upside down to a world of CV and planes(being spotted and dodging torps all game). There is no way of going forward with this unless they start giving us newer modern ships so we can start launching tomahawk cruise missiles at the CV or upgrading our AA to Phalanxs.  WG has taken a step forward but in the wrong direction in terms of the type of game the population wanted.

[REPOI]
1,319 posts
11,779 battles
37 minutes ago, AxEyBoI said:

This is what happened in reality and now WG has actually brought it in-game. The only thing is the game is sold and marketed as a surface ship game, where 95% of the player base came to this game for this reason (to shoot ships) and since the patch has turned it upside down to a world of CV and planes(being spotted and dodging torps all game).

My man here concluded the actual fact.. Seriously I came here for Ships like Des Moines, Yamato, Iowa, Fletcher, Bismarck, Gneisenau, Kongo not for the ships that actually ended the damn Naval Warfare.

Make World of Warships Part II and add CVs to that game and let the CV players have fun there and Leave Us BB,DD,CL/CA players alone

Edited by Aaditya_AJ
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

1,879 posts
6,031 battles
12 hours ago, AxEyBoI said:

The only thing is the game is sold and marketed as a surface ship game, where 95% of the player base came to this game for this reason (to shoot ships) and since the patch has turned it upside down to a world of CV and planes(being spotted and dodging torps all game).

CVs can be in the game in either style if WG balance them well.

...which they can't :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Paladinum

[KGHSF]
3,474 posts
7,695 battles

Don't say only last tier, T9 always simply inferior  

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
281 posts
7,249 battles

Yea its all a bit sad, the majority of us players liked the game as just a ship V ship game but WG seem determined to include planes, even if it kills the game :)

I just can't see the thought process involved unless it is as stated elsewhere that WG want to make the game more console friendly and need an OP class to attract those players?

Talk about cut your throat to spite your stomach when your hungry :)

I still say there will be a roll back once they give up, BUT will take a while.

Either way they have cause an immense amount of damage to their own game, the longer they wait the worse it will be.

WG, talk to the CV players and ask them how to fix things, your own methods are a little bit lacking, unless game killing was the plan? Really good insurance on the game? :)

I don't play CV's for the record and hate having them in game, but anything would be better then this :) 

[TOX1C]
5 posts
5,032 battles

I completely disagree with the OP.  I have played several t8+ DD games (and many more when I was not the DD) and the destroyers are still winning the games.  When the opponent DDs are active and move in to caps then the team loses.  That simple.  I've personally torped several CVs to death with a DD.  

Turn your AA off  and your aerial detection drops to around 3km.  Planes have to fly over you by accident to catch you.  If you're seen drop smoke and hide or drop smoke and DefAA or just *move* and the chances of either being re-spotted or being rocketed to death are significantly less than if you get radared whilst surrounded by cruisers.  I'm loving the DDs at the moment - I don't play them a lot, but when I do i'm basically guaranteed a cap each game.

Beta Tester
2,366 posts
7,238 battles

only dd? even cruiser are now obsolete. specially AA cruisers.

radar? cv can spot DD, they can drop torps to flush dd camping on smoke too. not to mention unlimited range.

[HKENL]
161 posts
8,061 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 8:29 PM, kyjo said:

Of course, t10 dd's get perm spotted now.  wg destroyed the game completely .

Sign in to follow this