kaiBOT

Random battles Very high skill level

5 comments in this topic

1 post
361 battles

hi, i gave wows a try first time last weekend and it have sparked the gamer in me. (my friends told me to try this game)

i can only play on weekends cause of work and want to maximize my exp gain to unlock ships of the german and japanese as i like . i realized coop battles was netting me lower credits and exp compared to random battles but i have this problem on random battles. im still noob but how come some torps and destroyers are ''invisible'' unless they are very near me and impossible to dodge. also other players are very skillful as the barrage they aim at me almost send my ship to the depths of the abyss. i feel like outclassed in terms of skills in low tier battles

should i just hide near islands and behind slow ships for protection so i can survive longer? also i recently purchased a premium ship called scharnhorst, should i also just stay back and like snipe from afar?

thanks for your comments. looking forward to playing with you in the game!

2,351 posts
14,856 battles

My advice is to play each and every line. Slowly progress up through the tiers to minimize the skill gap. Playing T7 when new is just a burden on your team.

[FORCE]
39 posts
3,770 battles
21 hours ago, kaiBOT said:

hi, i gave wows a try first time last weekend and it have sparked the gamer in me. (my friends told me to try this game)

i can only play on weekends cause of work and want to maximize my exp gain to unlock ships of the german and japanese as i like . i realized coop battles was netting me lower credits and exp compared to random battles but i have this problem on random battles. im still noob but how come some torps and destroyers are ''invisible'' unless they are very near me and impossible to dodge. also other players are very skillful as the barrage they aim at me almost send my ship to the depths of the abyss. i feel like outclassed in terms of skills in low tier battles

should i just hide near islands and behind slow ships for protection so i can survive longer? also i recently purchased a premium ship called scharnhorst, should i also just stay back and like snipe from afar?

thanks for your comments. looking forward to playing with you in the game!

You do NOT snipe in a German Battleships in any tier no matter what, the thing is German BB are brawler, you get closer and tell the enemy ship who's a lvl 1 crook and lvl 100 boss (tho being said don't get outplayed)

As for improving your skills i would suggest watch Yuro vids or any famous WoWs Youtuber advice.

For the Weekends part it is common for skilled player to come out of their hiding holes, its either you getting a match vs a bunch of good highly skilled player or low skilled player/bot.

30 posts
3,692 battles

You need to play more games with all ship types and tiers to get a feel for the way each ship handles and how its guns work and controls. Every ship is different and every class type has a different play style to adapt. Its called concealment, each ships has a certain concealment range e.g 6km for a Destroyer so you cant see him until your within the 6km range where as he can see you if your concealment is higher then 6km, e.g my Scharnhorst has 15.2km, so anyone with in that range can see me. Shooting gives away you position also. Just cos your playing low tiers dont mean the others are also new players, they can be veterans just grinding credits or starting a new tech line. Keep playing and gain more experience. Good luck and have fun.