Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShaddowAU

Personal Mission for Massachusetts Removed Without Notice

12 comments in this topic

135 posts

WG can you please tell me why the Personal Mission for the Massachusetts (to earn 2500 doubloons), gained from having purchased the Massachusetts-B, has been removed now with the roll out of 0.8.0? This mission had no expiry date and don't recall you advertising any expiry date of this mission. This mission was a con-job in the first place; done to trick people buying the Massachusetts-B that could complete this mission with that ship but instead, most people found out afterwards, they needed the original Massachusetts to do it. Looking back I can understand why this mission was created, I believe it was to compensate people who owned the standard Massachusetts, but this was never made clear in the Premium Shop listing for the Massachusetts-B etc. in a clearly exploitative way to trick people into buying that ship believing they would get more from that purchase than they actually did. Anyhow I digressed; To add salt into the wound you have now removed that mission, without any obvious notice which I feel is unfair and unwarranted and also further discourages people who got the Massachusetts-B to eventually get the standard Massachusetts.

WG can you please reinstate this mission or give people who had it still the 2500 doubloons prize from this mission.

PS to the Trolls: If this issue doesn't effect you, or you have nothing constructive to add, then don't add a comment.

Edited by ShaddowAU

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

From what I recall you couldn't do in in the "B".  I had the Atago B and got the mission but it couldn't be completed.

135 posts
12 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

From what I recall you couldn't do in in the "B".  I had the Atago B and got the mission but it couldn't be completed.

Exactly, and I bet that mission for the Atago has disappeared today like my Massachusetts one. I imagine all incomplete mission gained from the black ships WG wiped with 0.8.0.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

I guess so. but I couldn't complete it anyway so it doesn't worry me that it is gone.  I wasn't entitled to it as I didn't have an Atago.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

But...……….You didn't have a Mass anyway.  You had a Mass B. So you weren't entitled to the doubloons.  So why are you worked up over it being removed?

135 posts
4 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

But...……….You didn't have a Mass anyway.  You had a Mass B. So you weren't entitled to the doubloons.  So why are you worked up over it being removed?

I'm worked up over it because maybe in the near future I might have purchased the Massachusetts (who knows?) or get it from a Supercontainer (not holding my breath on that outcome) and WG took away that mission (that didn't have an expiry date) without telling me or compensating me. Some people like you might be happy, or not care your Atago personal mission is now gone as it was probably just sitting their annoying you but I didn't want mine removed. Its also a dumb idea on WG side. These missions were clearly meant to be an incentive for owners of the non-black versions of those ships to also buy the black versions. Well that incentive can also work the other way in encouraging owners of the black ships to buy the standard versions.

The fact is I already felt ripped off by the misleading way this mission was packaged with the Mass-B, but I still had the mission as a future possibility, even if I never used it. Now I feel WG has ripped me off again by stealing away that mission from me when they had no right to take it away.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

I guess by that logic you should be pissed off at every offer removed from the game at some point in time whether you could have completed it or not.

• Funny 1

135 posts
1 minute ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I guess by that logic you should be pissed off at every offer removed from the game at some point in time whether you could have completed it or not.

Other offers have set time limits etc. and also I paid for that mission when I purchased the Mass-B. If they planned it be time limited then they should advised people of that, even the mission itself had no expiry date on it like other mission do.

[MRI]
1,863 posts
10,798 battles

If you are very sure it didn't have an expiry date, then send a ticket to WG. It would be much faster than posting on the forums.

Edited by Thyaliad

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

@Thyaliad I think the issue is it didn't have an expiry date...…..even though he didn't own the ship it related to but just in case he maybe bought it in the future...………………..

[MRI]
1,863 posts
10,798 battles
10 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

@Thyaliad I think the issue is it didn't have an expiry date...…..even though he didn't own the ship it related to but just in case he maybe bought it in the future...………………..

Lol woops. Brain fart. Have fixed it.

Sign in to follow this