Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Q.E AA is terrifying

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

265
[LBAS]
Member
2,151 posts
10,685 battles

You know why, almost it can destroy every Tier 6-8 aircraft. no jokes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[TWR]
Alpha Tester
907 posts
3,306 battles

And in breaking news, my Saipan gets smashed by EVERYTHING.

Including DD who are alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[SMOKE]
Member
651 posts
10,034 battles

The bad news is you need to invest heavily into AA to work it .. I take base AA ( no AA skill invested build ) DD ( not the best, not the worst, middle of the line AA ) out for a couple spin, the new AA sucks ; you cannot primary target and of course planes can run circle around any ship, the damage deal with base AA is pathetic and if planes are only damaged they still carry on attack so by that measure damaging do nothing. Base AA should be able to shoot down consistently at least a plane or 2 from a squadron incoming and its not so that practically made Base AA basically no AA.

Switching sector take way too long even for DD  and you cannot primary target

Basically the new AA just do not work unless one heavily invest in AA upgrade and skill and if one feature of a game play require that even to function its not functioning at all and most of all its inconsistent , I had a run with a Hatsuharu , in total fending off 6 waves of attack some solo squadron some 2 and one even 3 ganging on me but the total damage done goes to 8K+ and only 2 plane shoot down and that's when I have a cruiser next to me . This tell me that this AA flatly do not work and with too many CV in game it will preclude me from playing a surface ship as I should ..

Edited by Mechfori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,849 posts
6,024 battles
43 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

Basically the new AA just do not work unless one heavily invest in AA upgrade and skill and if one feature of a game play require that even to function its not functioning at all and most of all its inconsistent , I had a run with a Hatsuharu , in total fending off 6 waves of attack some solo squadron some 2 and one even 3 ganging on me but the total damage done goes to 8K+ and only 2 plane shoot down and that's when I have a cruiser next to me . This tell me that this AA flatly do not work and with too many CV in game it will preclude me from playing a surface ship as I should ..

I tried playing all the CVs in PT 0.8.0, every ship's AA flak is a freaking brick wall (the worst during Round 2) that my planes must slam face-first into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[SMOKE]
Member
651 posts
10,034 battles
23 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I tried playing all the CVs in PT 0.8.0, every ship's AA flak is a freaking brick wall (the worst during Round 2) that my planes must slam face-first into.

It might actually be, not playing CV so cannot comment, but damaged planes still carry on attack without any diminishing its ability to attack, so in essence damaging do nothing in term of AA. Right now the game is too skewed as too many CV is waiting inline and most of us had not able to master what AA can or cannot do, but I can see that the involvement to needing to keep manually adjusting the AA sector is over working surface ships who also need to worry about their own sailing etc etc .. and base AA just do not kill plane consistently ( consider that CV can now replenish plane, the AA should kill not just damage planes )

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,533
[LBAS]
Member
5,160 posts
30,295 battles

haro haro

On 1/24/2019 at 12:50 AM, MatterCore said:

:Smile_trollface:

shot-19.01.23_11.56.34-0857.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,849 posts
6,024 battles
3 hours ago, Mechfori said:

It might actually be, not playing CV so cannot comment, but damaged planes still carry on attack without any diminishing its ability to attack, so in essence damaging do nothing in term of AA. Right now the game is too skewed as too many CV is waiting inline and most of us had not able to master what AA can or cannot do, but I can see that the involvement to needing to keep manually adjusting the AA sector is over working surface ships who also need to worry about their own sailing etc etc .. and base AA just do not kill plane consistently ( consider that CV can now replenish plane, the AA should kill not just damage planes )

The constant DPM from short and mid-ranged AA guns can't kill planes, if and only if the flak is weak enough to not damage the planes enough, which doesn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
195
[TLS]
Beta Tester
867 posts
3,944 battles

2 Dallas can destroy a Kaga planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×