You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MeglaGnome

CV rework day 1 observations

104 comments in this topic

69 posts
5,825 battles

Some thoughts from day 1:

1. I had to de-install and reinstall the game to get it to work.

2. The new AA graphics are hard on lower spec computers. Time to upgrade for me.

3. 2 CV's on each team every single game. Some games with no DD's, many with few DD's

4. Troll builds for the Lols.

a) Neptune with heavy AA build murders planes. 25+ kills per game just by sailing around the map. Smoked up,  the Neptune can block off a useful chunk of real estate and make it a no fly zone. One game I got a win, 2nd on the team in base XP, and the game crashed on me after 11 minutes so I died. I fired 1 set of torps for a CL kill, killed 35 planes, capped twice and my secondaries killed a crippled kutuzov while I was AFK. I never actually pulled the trigger on the main guns. 2nd on the team!

b) Non AA build Mino seems even stronger when in range, but only has real AA power at 5km instead of 6.8km

c) Jean Bart should have been great looking at the Stats, but so far a disappointment vs planes.

d) Yubari is not a troll build as far as I can tell, even with the surprise DFAA at T4. The long range bubble is so weak, and the short range is so short.

5. Low Tier CV's are either weak, or piloted by noobs, or both. Like bottom 1/4 of their team weak.

6. T10 CV's seem quite strong, but the players must be experienced carrier players from the RTS days, so they would be getting good results out of their flat-tops.

Edited by MeglaGnome

322 posts
8,765 battles

The question remain, how is typical ( for all tier that might encounter CV ) non AA build ship, how would the AA work and how useful it is, it should not be that all ship require AA to perform some defense to themselves, if Base AA do not work, and all need some AA skill , then that mean the game mechanism and balance is off, AA base AA should already be able to drive enemy plane  off and do dome damage and kill the odd bird while AA build should be able to stand and support and do some real killing and full AA build should be murdering squadrons

14 posts
5,057 battles

I know this is early days, but attempted a few CV matches, nothing has changed in terms of ships layering AA and blobs being impenetrable. Obviously over time there won't be captain resets so there might be some variety for AA builds, but at the moment seems the same as old CV, can only damage stand alone ships and the Asia server BB population is blob like and none moving anyway.

Like the old CV scorned by everyone. interface is buggy, had my screen locked on press F to return to carrier, but could launch planes, just got no interface that I was controlling planes fun when you still need to look for the keys.

Speed boost refuses to work, highlights with the button press but doesn't activate. Oh and on a super buggy game could exit to port while still alive and match active. That's a new one.

In general seems like same old CV gameplay. Unable to do damage until some ships die, they've just removed the ability of the other CV to deplane you now before you can hit that point if they were massively better than yourself.

It all seems a little bit pointless.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
208 posts
6,903 battles

I just played my first game with the new CV's. It was a T9 I was in my Ibuki as that's what I'm leveling, it was a 4 CV match and yea as expected a totally new game.

I've never liked the idea of CV's in the game simply because I wanted a ship V ship game, not ship V plane game.

I've only got a few days of premium left so not a huge loss but I was wondering if there is anywhere I can apply for a refund for all my premium ships and premium time?

This isn't what I bought into closed beta to play, I'd like to know if there will be a money back offer since the very nature of the game is now changed beyond recognition? 

Perhaps I'm over reacting? All I know is last night I enjoyed playing, even with the losses, tonight 1 game and I'm good thanks :) Not really interested in being fodder for peoples planes, as a ship only player I honestly feel like I'm being grief ed by the CV players. 

For the record I was still alive at the end of the match but was being cut down one bomb / rocket / torp at a time :)

This isn't fun for me, it's not enjoyable for me, and I don'y play so others can have fun, I spend money and play so I can.

I guess I'm evil because I don't agree with the vocal minority that will post against this in these forums. 

Anyway iit was fun, maybe it will change for the better in a few weeks, maybe not, there are other games then this and a change might be a good thing. 

Edited by Soloun

568 posts
15,717 battles

"want to lower the skill level bar for cv"

Well, this one raises the skill level instead. It is like a clown trying to juggle flying, aiming, shooting, avoiding AA, watching your landing pad, plotting attack direction all at the same time.

OH WAIT. --it is--

I need to order more sarcasm. I just used 6 months worth in less than 5 hours.

568 posts
15,717 battles
13 minutes ago, keskparane said:

and have finally managed to screw it up royally for live sever.

You forgot one important point. With no way to revert it short of a huge financial compensation on top of the financial compensation already offered for the rework.

2,117 posts
10,178 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

7. On the other side of the ocean, NA is full of screaming babies weeping and gnashing their teeth that 0.8.0 has arrived

Or the ycarried Mutsus with bombs on their 3rd battery emplacements. :cap_haloween:

322 posts
8,765 battles

Well I am bust respec captains now, would take a DD out for a spin to see how norminal ( non AA build ) works if the game require, demand mandatory AA skill invested for a sip even to function / survive then the game is not by any measure in balance at all

[SUMGA]
23 posts
4,692 battles

ugh. This patch is absolutely horrendous. So much that its disgusting. Always hated CVs from the very start, so I got myself ships like Flint, Atlanta and Desmoines but they feel so powerless. Now I dont care and I hope theyd  just revert it back. Some people might like it and also hate it and I'm definitely on the hating side. Always hated CVs and always will, I hate them more now though.

44 posts
3,844 battles
40 minutes ago, chicony56 said:

5 battles and NAH !   CO-OP from now on . shame though .

Unfortunately Co-Op isn't any better at the moment. 2 CV's per game but the AI don't get CV's so they get 2 extra BB's instead. which leaves the friendlies being steamrolled while the CV's can only watch as they can't get their planes through the wall of flak to really help out.

At least that is the trend I'm seeing in 98% off my Co-Op battles. hopefully the AI get a rework very soon so they can use CV's as well to return balance

568 posts
15,717 battles
8 minutes ago, Rotten_Pumpkin said:

Unfortunately Co-Op isn't any better at the moment. 2 CV's per game but the AI don't get CV's so they get 2 extra BB's instead. which leaves the friendlies being steamrolled while the CV's can only watch as they can't get their planes through the wall of flak to really help out.

At least that is the trend I'm seeing in 98% off my Co-Op battles. hopefully the AI get a rework very soon so they can use CV's as well to return balance

Yes, you are spot on about what is happening in coop. And this from someone who has tried both in a Haku and not-CV.

69 posts
5,825 battles
17 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

What a full aa spec mino can do

4eqvqet56od21.png

You just solo'd the great turkey shoot right there. 

322 posts
8,765 battles

I do not hate CV , but I hate that stupid cumbersome and not working AA .. I do not want to spec my ships heavily AA build but base AA or even slightly skilled / upgraded AA simply do not work

Edited by Mechfori

[AAADD]
71 posts

New Cv rework is beyond horrible. Unable to control ship unless you land your planes. Unable to spot like before as you only control one set of planes. Overall concept is beyond bad. Need to reload the prior update and scrap this 0.8.0 garbage.

8 posts
4,647 battles
2 hours ago, Soloun said:

I just played my first game with the new CV's. It was a T9 I was in my Ibuki as that's what I'm leveling, it was a 4 CV match and yea as expected a totally new game.

I've never liked the idea of CV's in the game simply because I wanted a ship V ship game, not ship V plane game.

I've only got a few days of premium left so not a huge loss but I was wondering if there is anywhere I can apply for a refund for all my premium ships and premium time?

This isn't what I bought into closed beta to play, I'd like to know if there will be a money back offer since the very nature of the game is now changed beyond recognition? 

Perhaps I'm over reacting? All I know is last night I enjoyed playing, even with the losses, tonight 1 game and I'm good thanks 🙂 Not really interested in being fodder for peoples planes, as a ship only player I honestly feel like I'm being grief ed by the CV players. 

For the record I was still alive at the end of the match but was being cut down one bomb / rocket / torp at a time 🙂

This isn't fun for me, it's not enjoyable for me, and I don'y play so others can have fun, I spend money and play so I can.

I guess I'm evil because I don't agree with the vocal minority that will post against this in these forums. 

Anyway iit was fun, maybe it will change for the better in a few weeks, maybe not, there are other games then this and a change might be a good thing. 

QFT.
Agree with everything said above.

[FORCE]
40 posts
3,848 battles
3 hours ago, MeglaGnome said:

5. Low Tier CV's are either weak, or piloted by noobs, or both. Like bottom 1/4 of their team weak.

Literally me because i can't play both Old CV or the new CV 😂

2,361 posts
14,856 battles

Whats more you can lose a lot of FXP & credits. They say you can buy and sell to try them for free but you can't. I just lost 614000 FXP & 17000000 credits in a test. This is on top of what I had already lost but wasn't sure of the amounts so did a test to see.

221 posts
368 battles
4 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Whats more you can lose a lot of FXP & credits. They say you can buy and sell to try them for free but you can't. I just lost 614000 FXP & 17000000 credits in a test. This is on top of what I had already lost but wasn't sure of the amounts so did a test to see.

Definitely need to refund the free xp. I want to scrap all my CV. We need to lift our pitchfork and torches