You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Yura

Carrier rework compensation: A rant

17 comments in this topic

[STGGC]
936 posts

Okay so....

I get it why the rework has to happen and i honestly can say much about it for now but why delete half of the carrier line only to re-release it in the far future? Wont it be frustrating to old carrier players who have grinded all the way to the top, only to get half of those grind taken away then bring it back in a possible future?

"okay okay m8 but you're compensated for all those grind"

Yea ok but that's not the point. Thing is these people have grinded for those ships already. Take it away from them then bring it back only for them to grind it over again, wont that be annoying as hell for them? Sure we can keep the free exp that we get from the compensation so we can buy back the alternate tree that we already grinded for already. Thing is we're not even sure if its gonna go back at all! Not with how undiverse the carrier gameplay is post-rework only reinforces my uncertainty. On that point, that free exp that we get from the compensation is better used for something that is tangible like Alaska or something rather than a tree that may or may not even exist. And even if it does go back we're still gonna grind the hell out of it again!

I think WG has to think this through when they finally re-release the alt tree.

yea thats it. i let off my steam, 16 hours till 0.8 goes up. good luck everyone.

[O7]
2,450 posts
15,733 battles

Like someone has already said...

52 minutes ago, IJN_Yura said:

..... Sure we can keep the free exp that we get from the compensation so we can buy back the alternate tree that we already grinded for already....

So where's the problem?

[STGGC]
936 posts
Just now, keskparane said:

So where's the problem?

grinding the thing all over again

[O7]
2,450 posts
15,733 battles
1 minute ago, IJN_Yura said:

grinding the thing all over again

why would you do that though?

[BLESS]
583 posts
6,574 battles
1 hour ago, IJN_Yura said:

Sure we can keep the free exp that we get from the compensation so we can buy back the alternate tree that we already grinded for already.

It's arguably the best of both worlds: if you want to have nothing more to do with CVs you put the FXP to other use, or you can bank it can buy back the line later for no additional effort or expense.

The worst thing is you get your ships taken away from you for a while.

That said, I can understand that the players who were good CV players under the old system are feeling bitter right now. So I'm not going to criticize you just gently point our that you are off the mark here. 

[STGGC]
936 posts
22 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

just gently point our that you are off the mark here. 

im just worried about half of them not being able to come back

[CLAY]
1,191 posts
8,099 battles
8 hours ago, IJN_Yura said:

im just worried about half of them not being able to come back

I believe that WG wants to bring them back in some form. They don’t know when or how, or if it’s even possible, but I believe they want them back eventually. And what WG want > what the player wants.

@RalphTheTheatreCat Believes that the suggestions to bring them back as an alternative line is just damage control / dreaming and they have no plan or intent to bring them back. So your worry may be valid.

Either way, for all intents and purposes, odd tier CVs are dead. The models may or may not come back, but they will be completely different ships when they do, so not worth having xp credit stored waiting for them, inaccessible when there are other ships to get.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

@Grygus_Triss I believe they have the intent and plans to bring them back, but whether they have the ability to bring them back as a meaningful and useful addition to the game is where I have serious doubts.

• Cool 3

290 posts
368 battles

The old tech Tree CV will return as premium. This is very geniuses, also for British line they only need to create 4 CV.

Profit, less work, moar money

[SPCTH]
113 posts
4,961 battles

they may back in another tech line and up tier 

[O7]
2,450 posts
15,733 battles

So yeah I see lots of problems now. You can research a CV and WG will totally wipe the fact you had researched it if you sell it, eg not give you compensation!!!!! Yes thats right. You are expected to research it again even though you just researched it.

20 posts
1,658 battles

Where is the compensation ???? I had 2 CV's and now they are both gone and nothing for it. WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,055 posts
6,620 battles
11 minutes ago, kyjo said:

Where is the compensation ???? I had 2 CV's and now they are both gone and nothing for it. WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!

right where it said it would be........in your inventory

I'll be selling mine tomorrow

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[TLS]
Beta Tester
867 posts
3,944 battles

I sold my Two Regular CV lines and Saipan for just Henri IV instead. I just give up hope in 0.8.0..

[SMOKE]
653 posts
10,034 battles

There need to be a preference tick box on the waiting queue saying " NO CV game "

• Cool 1