You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HuginnKR

WoWS Update 0.8.0

WoWS Update 0.8.0  

317 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the 0.8.0 update?

• I like it!!!
    • I have some doubts about this patch.
    • I don't like it at all.

233 comments in this topic

WG Staff
485 posts

Hello captains,

We would like to hear your thoughts on how you like this update. Tell us your opinion.

Here are the inclusions for this update so far:

• Aircraft Carriers Rewor
  • Rank battles
  • Lunar New Year
  • Naval Battle: A Clash Between Clans

You can check detail patch note here: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-080-takeoff/

Action Stations!

641 posts
6,484 battles

Still trying to connect to the server, but from what I see from other servers:

1. CVs can use RDF now, meaning in plane mode you can track enemy DD, too OP in late game since planes are much faster than ships.

2. A 'stealthy DD' is no more, too much planes in the air. Not sure what will happen to the meta and if the CV player count will decrease after the initial excitement.

3. Rank battle is basically premium ship advantage again, at least you can't buy the majority of the said ships.

4. Don't play clan battles so can't comment on that.

[SMOKE]
Beta Tester
561 posts
2,736 battles
2 minutes ago, IWantToFckCuteAnimeGirl said:

Still trying to connect to the server, but from what I see from other servers:

1. CVs can use RDF now, meaning in plane mode you can track enemy DD, too OP in late game since planes are much faster than ships.

2. A 'stealthy DD' is no more, too much planes in the air. Not sure what will happen to the meta and if the CV player count will decrease after the initial excitement.

3. Rank battle is basically premium ship advantage again, at least you can't buy the majority of the said ships.

4. Don't play clan battles so can't comment on that.

all dd s have to do is run to CL , after cv loses a few planes he will not push as much 

318 posts
2,336 battles
11 minutes ago, Davey_Jones_Squidy said:

Weird still cant get in just  keep getting error message.

Me too. Trying since 0830 now 1040 Hrs. Will try again in an hour.

Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
6,221 battles

Is this working as intended?

Just had 2x cv my side, zero on the other in a co-op game

shot-19_01.31_11_35.39-0421.thumb.jpg.75f4ee59aac397612422165ace9a9c9e.jpg

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

442 posts
5,526 battles

I'm kinda dreading what I'm gonna see when I log on tonight. I've not really followed the details of the CV rework, I have no idea what to expect from a ship's eye view.

I do know that I will be fielding, in no particular order:

• Cleveland
  • Texas
  • My full AA spec Beyern
  • My AFT Zao, or Ibuki with DFAA.

I think I'll stay away from DDs for a bit, as well as the Japanese BBs.

Edited by Rina_Pon

412 posts
15,387 battles

Terrible. The aiming is now more rng. Unless you have been playing PT for a head start. #1 is the main issue. 2,3,4 are just fluff.

TL;DR version of rework. Alienates everyone, appeases no one sane.

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,524 battles
1 hour ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Ranger in a Co-op battle........the pain will haunt me for a long time.

What happened? Plane got shot down easily? 

92 posts
6,992 battles

1 hour ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

This happened in P.test & is still not fixed.

2 x CV in 1 team & 0 cv in the another this happened in Co-op & Random.

I push F to return to ship & after takeoff, there are no fight controls & I only have 1 plane but when I drop torps`s there are 2 ???

I have never seen this In all the time playing the game 31 CV`s in the Queue & it`s 12.30 pm 2.350 players on the server.

Tonight will be fun when there is up to 8.000 players on the server.

shot-19.01.31_12.31.45-0411.jpg

shot-19.01.31_12.17.58-0369.jpg

Edited by Area51P41

18 posts
5,342 battles

I've just played first games in 8.0.0 - for some reason, all my Tier 8 and above ships have had their #3 options in Modules cleared... it's cost me 500K credits to re-fit "AA Guns Mod 1" and even then, it doesn't increase the ships AA scores (per Ships Specifications) - it just says you get "2 bursts for larger AA guns"; indeed, the Ships Specifications for AA seem to have been severely nerfed for all ships - my NC and Baltimore are badly done by! It appears that WoWS have taken the PC road and listened to those who squeal loudest. I'll try a few more games, but I suspect WoWS should be renamed to World of DD's and CV's and forget everything else. CV's are back in force (2 per side per game!) and I have no idea how I'm supposed to adjust my AA defenses to port or starboard... too long a learning curve! 

18 posts
5,342 battles

Follow-up: I found "AA Guns Mod 1" have been moved to Inventory... but, I can't access them as they don't show up when you're trying to fill slot #3 with this option. After paying 500K credits to 'buy' "AA Guns Mod 1" the blasted option still sits in Inventory ( 5 x units) which don't show when I go to Ship's Modules and try and fill said slot #3 -  a 'bug' and will WoWS repay me for the credits spent? Apparently, any slots that had items that affected AA performance were 'cleared', but it wasn't obvious that you had to re-enable them. Ref. DD's - it's bad enough that BB AP can't properly damage a DD - more compliance with the squealing minority, but to apply a flat 10% Concealment to every ship means we all have to reassess whether 'buying' the Concealment option module is worth-while or whether we shoul say, put those credits into Steering Mod #2? Bet we don't get given the credits to re-spec any ships!

[AUHAX]
[AUHAX]
7 posts
11,844 battles

I've played a dozen or so cv co-op games, and it's a bad bad experience (IMO).

Strikes are useless when 2 BB's are in close proximity. I'm lucky to get 2 attacks, more often only 1. And heaven help you if you're up-tiered.

You are lucky to cause any damage. And this is in co-op!?!?

Not enjoying CV play, and hoping it is "balanced" before I make final judgement. Yet, I don't think I'll want to play them any more. A shame really.

Edit: ok, I've played about another 6 games since the first post. I'm getting irate. It's totally fkd. In co-op, several BB"s travel together, and I can't strike a fkn thing. Planes keep getting shot down before I can strike. Fix this or you've totally lost me from the game. I don't want to be one of those "that's it I'm uninstalling and never playing again" people, but this is screwed and no longer enjoyable.

Edited by Scion2

1 post
5,934 battles

I have the Shokaku's permanent halloween camo, The Great Gorgon, but not the ship itself which I never reseached. Can I sell the camo instead? I thought I read it somewhere in a different WoWs Forum, but I can't find the post anymore, so I may be mistaken. Thanks.

As for the rework, AA flak seems all over the place. Shoots down one squad, completely misses another.

1 post
974 battles
8 minutes ago, Scion2 said:

I've played a dozen or so cv co-op games, and it's a bad bad experience (IMO).

Strikes are useless when 2 BB's are in close proximity. I'm lucky to get 2 attacks, more often only 1. And heaven help you if you're up-tiered.

You are lucky to cause any damage. And this is in co-op!?!?

Not enjoying CV play, and hoping it is "balanced" before I make final judgement. Yet, I don't think I'll want to play them any more. A shame really.

I agree - thinking of ditching my CV's and in the back of my mind WOS altogether.  This patch is shit!!!!

Beta Tester
6 posts
2 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

According to the patch notes, CV AI for the rework isn't implemented yet. 

So yes, it is working as intended also they removed aircraft heavy operations or at least made it so the AI CVs can't launch planes.

11 posts
13,294 battles

Trust me 
CV Rework is absolutely BS!
CV's plane can't even drop sth to BBs
Circle tons of RNG
And the aiming hard as [content removed]
Also , DD is now nowhere to hide 
too MANY [content removed] PLANES IN THE AIR

I am a CV and DD main player
now this game is really really sucks

one more , Atlanta AA rating only 54? [content removed]?
not a [content removed] AA CL?

WORST PATCH EVER , this PATCH makes lots of players quit the game
only benefit BBs and CAs
Now DDs and CV are all dead

Profanity. Post edited.

~Beaufighter

2 posts
11,053 battles

okay, i gonna say about my impression about this Update. ( sorry bad english )

please, NERF AA SHIP

how can, non AA build Kongo kill all of my Torp bomber (me use Ryujo)

after several battles with CV, i still can't make a damage and kill one ship, cause all of my plane shot down. :' )))))))

[RTANZ]
18 posts
11,803 battles
On 1/31/2019 at 2:39 PM, Blake_Tranquility said:

Also , DD is now nowhere to hide 
too MANY [content removed] PLANES IN THE AIR

one more , Atlanta AA rating only 54? WTF?

Profanity. Post edited.

~Beaufighter

What do you base the first claim on?

Each CV can only have 1 squadron in air at a time and afaik returing planes do not spot ships (or take damage for that mater...)

As for AA ratings for ships, keep in mind the system/scale has changed, so a drop in value is not necessarily a nerf. At a guess, I would say that the number does not (yet?) include flak bursts...which do hefty amounts of damage

18 posts
5,342 battles

Follow-up #2: It appears that "AA Guns Mod 1" have been converted to "AA Guns Mod 2" - I found this out when I bought an Iowa and was adding Modules - I now had 5 x "AA Guns Mod 2" in Inventory, which is great, except... they're only useful on Tiers 9 & 10 ships as I understand it!? I still have to pay 500K for "AA Guns Mod 1" if I hope to make any lower tier ship have some AA defense, although with the number of CV's back in the game (2 x per side) in every game played twith Rel. 8.0.0 - Heaven help all of us!

2 posts
2,275 battles
2 小時前,ChaosSurfer 說:

I have the Shokaku's permanent halloween camo, The Great Gorgon, but not the ship itself which I never reseached. Can I sell the camo instead? I thought I read it somewhere in a different WoWs Forum, but I can't find the post anymore, so I may be mistaken. Thanks.

As for the rework, AA flak seems all over the place. Shoots down one squad, completely misses another.

I really want to know how to get a refund for Halloween camo that the ship itself is not researched.

It would be not fair if we can't get refund for them only because we didn't research the ship.