You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

I find it funny no one here is panicking that 0.8.0 is coming...

58 comments in this topic

[KCSEA]
123 posts
5,822 battles

...when the other servers are already losing their heads and flailing around like headless chickens as far back as when 0.8.0 is announced. It;s already reached the point where people are declaring that 0.8.0 will kill WoWS.

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

[SMOKE]
653 posts
10,034 battles

Well they just want to please all the big guns who are too smart; who are all into stay still and snipe at long range , so no you guys who employ good gameplay like fire and dodge ( beind islands ) would not be allowed , so no you guys who know to go up front and spot are not allowed ( we will have perma spot with Radar and planes ) no you guys AA should not work ( so our CV player can farm damage when our BB can comfortably fire without worry of incoming from close range ) ...

No No No No No ...... no no no we do not need to panic, we just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show , all DD, CL, we should all book a back row seat  , get us a bucket of pop corn and just watch the CV and BB duke it out, oh no no no we are not to go out and spot, we are not to go out to try to put in a torp run, we are not to go cap ... no no no ... no panic, let's just enjoy it all while sitting way way way back , the BB and CV showing all the way how it SHOULD BE DONE ...

Edited by Mechfori
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[MRI]
1,863 posts
10,798 battles

No point panicking. It is not as though we can do anything about it. I have resigned myself to this fact.

• Cool 6

[PEEDZ]
50 posts
7,178 battles

Patchnotes haven't come out in square-speak yet.

• Funny 3

[TROLL]
325 posts
2,421 battles

This update will go down in history as one of the most hated ones. Just a matter of time before CA and BB players leave in droves.  

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel

[TF44]
348 posts
2,805 battles
52 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

...when the other servers are already losing their heads and flailing around like headless chickens as far back as when 0.8.0 is announced. It;s already reached the point where people are declaring that 0.8.0 will kill WoWS.

Personaly, I will just take the game as it comes. For the first few days I will just sit back with a coffe/tea and reset ships and commander skills. And see how things go. Have no intention of "Spitting the Dummy" and quiting the game.

If you and others on the forum are interested. Here is No Zoups response to the extremes of reaction:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgJTR1ZAKwg&t=243s

Cheer's

B_T23

• Cool 2

1,877 posts
6,031 battles

Have you visited other server forums?

I'm annoyed by the Update, just not really showing.

Edited by Paladinum

[KCSEA]
123 posts
5,822 battles
On 1/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, Paladinum said:

Have you visited other server forums?

I'm annoyed by the Update, just not really showing.

EU's pretty much chill about the patch, with only a few people voicing out their dislike in just one thread, but NA? It's literally torches and pitchforks there, with nary a day without a new thread where they weep and gnash their teeth about the incoming patch with the "CV ReBork" and "Sky [content removed] is spreading" mantra.

[CLAY]
1,191 posts
8,099 battles

We're not panicking?

I mean, there are some people here who are saying it will kill wows, but I never believed that. I just though it would be a pain in the *** trying to re-adapt.

That, and I was somewhat optimistic that the patch would tone down the power of CVs... still not certain if it has or hasn't.

I hit panic a few weeks ago when I realised the state of AA, then they buffed and tried to balance it.

At the moment, I am somewhere between trepidation and resignation. I will reserve judgement till I play the game myself.

Who knows, maybe no one will play CVs and we'll be back to where we were before? (I doubt that will happen)

Not worth panicking, all you can do is play it or not, and I have no intention to stop playing anytime soon.

• Cool 1

381 posts
4,551 battles

I'm going to get a bit idealistic here, but I resigned to myself that change is the only thing eternal in WoWS (and many times, in life) and no amount of screaming and kicking is gonna stop it. Reminiscence about the past all you like, but trying to bring it back in this instance feels like a bit of a long stretch. The RTS carriers are gone, and AFAIC they are not coming back. Best we can do is adapt and live with it. 

@Stormcloak_Rebel: For me, hated is the wrong word; if so, there wouldn't be defenders of the rework. I feel like contested is a better word for it, given how people are on both sides of the issue. This isn't like that torpedo bulge penetration overhaul they tried in 0.7.11 or the recent shitstorm about the bloom bug "fix" that had everyone (up to 95% in polls IIRC on an EU thread) going against it; only in such cases are WG obliged to react and stop said changes ASAP. 

NA is a server that has a memetic reputation for overreacting in just about everything though, so it's hardly surprising such a massive change got everyone worked out there in a major shit-storm. Also, there seems to be a divide between what I call "BB Yakuza" and "DD Mafia". The divide, if it exists here, is nowhere near as severe (at least from my observation).

I make it a point to fluidly play multiple types of ships (i.e Jack-of-all-stats) so I can appreciate their strengths, weaknesses, and from then deduce what to do when working with a teammate that is sailing it, what to do when pitted against it, etc etc etc.

• Cool 2

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles
18 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

EU's pretty much chill about the patch, with only a few people voicing out their dislike in just one thread, but NA? It's literally torches and pitchforks there, with nary a day without a new thread where they weep and gnash their teeth about the incoming patch with the "CV ReBork" and "Sky Cancer is spreading" mantra.

NA is full of whining fairies who complain about everything that isn't 'Murica.   You need to take what happens on that forum with a grain of salt.   The are just filthy that Alaska isn't coming in 0.8.0 and everything else just makes them feel worse.

• Cool 2

1,877 posts
6,031 battles
22 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

It's literally torches and pitchforks there, with nary a day without a new thread where they weep and gnash their teeth about the incoming patch with the "CV ReBork" and "Sky Cancer is spreading" mantra.

NA players rage in Dev Blog and Youtuber's videos instead. When the rework's details was revealed, that is. I went on to Farazelleh's CV rework vids a couple of times and the comment section was fun.

FUN I TELL YOU.

22 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

We're not panicking?

I'm just in quiet desperation.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,501 posts
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5839137

Edited by LtDan_IceCream
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,538 battles

I m not panicking either, we have to adapt the changes. I cant wait to try out the new CV gameplay, and ofcoz the only thing i hate is the Ops rotation.... 

Now i feel owning Musashi is an exclusive thing :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by waichung1823
  • Funny 1

1,877 posts
6,031 battles
56 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5839137

Of course PvE players don't care :Smile_child:

And if you don't care, posting shows that you care, even a lil' bit. Please don't contradict yourself.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[LYNMF]
1,074 posts
14,616 battles

what is there to panic? everything will be back to normal in few days

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles
56 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

Now i feel owning Musashi is an exclusive thing :Smile-_tongue:

owning Missouri, Musashi, Kron Jean Bart, and Nelson is a pretty exclusive thing

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat
  • Cool 2

[911]
367 posts
9,991 battles

So, we've got until Feb 8th to master all the implications of the cv rework plus changes to concealment mechanics and get our captain skills all setup for this brave new world - bit stingy of wg I think, surely they could have allowed free respecs until the next update to give people a  reasonable amount of time to experiment.

I think I'll reset all my captains and just play t1-t3 until it becomes a bit clearer what skills are needed in the higher tiers.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,501 posts
34 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Of course PvE players don't care :Smile_child:

And if you don't care, posting shows that you care, even a lil' bit. Please don't contradict yourself.

Posting shows that I don't care.....

Not even a lil bit......

Edited by LtDan_IceCream
  • Funny 1

1,877 posts
6,031 battles
6 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Posting shows that I don't care.....

Not even a lil bit......

Please don't contradict yourself.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
7,596 battles

I guess we aren't panicking cos we live on the 'laid back' side of the world.

However, on the other side of the side of the planet, Drama Queens reign supreme and everything is a controversy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SMOKE]
653 posts
10,034 battles
21 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

owning Missouri, Musashi, Kron and Nelson is a pretty exclusive thing

So is it that Free EXP exchange going to be Alaska and Jean Bart .. Hmm .. I am still waiting for a worthy DD / CL .. can we have Kitakami back with real 22K range ( historically accurate ) torpedo  all 40 of them

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,501 posts
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Please don't contradict yourself.

tenor.gif?itemid=5025902

• Funny 2

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles
1 minute ago, Mechfori said:

So is it that Free EXP exchange going to be Alaska and Jean Bart .. Hmm .. I am still waiting for a worthy DD / CL .. can we have Kitakami back with real 22K range ( historically accurate ) torpedo  all 40 of them

Having played the Kitakami, I can promise that nearly the whole server population would be permanently pink.

Oh and I forgot to ad JB to my list as well lol.

• Funny 1

[MRI]
1,863 posts
10,798 battles
1 hour ago, TD1 said:

I make it a point to fluidly play multiple types of ships (i.e Jack-of-all-stats) so I can appreciate their strengths, weaknesses, and from then deduce what to do when working with a teammate that is sailing it, what to do when pitted against it, etc etc etc.

Same here.

I make it a point to try and play all the lines and never skip ships. 

Plus variety is the spice of life.