Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Loshirai14

I have Hiryu and 0.8.0 removes her from the tech tree, what now?

16 comments in this topic

346 posts
3,849 battles

What happens to my hiryu? I really like her as a CV and now they gonna remove her. I hope they bring her back in the future.

Edited by Loshirai14

617 posts
6,728 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Its not coming back

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/cv8-which-nation-to-choose/

This will tell you how much compensation you will get

I’ve been told I’m an optimist. So I believe that WG have a vague idea of maybe bring back the odd tier CVs in a second CV line. After all, they went through all the effort to design the models, they don’t want to just scrap them. But this is more of a long term dream (maybe impossible) other than something they have any current plans on. And when they do, you’ll have to re grind Hiryu anyway.

So for all intents and purposes, it’s being taken away, and compensation as per Ralph’s link.

Super Tester
4,104 posts
4,575 battles

The CV's are being developed to overlap the odd numbered tiers so I don't expect them to ever come back.  The playstyle isn't diverse enough for a second tech tree and the number of players that will actually play them after 0.8.0 is still a mystery but not looking positive when you look at all the posts about them.

All I know is I will keep my US CV's as a novelty or when needed for missions and spec all my AA ships as much as I can for killing aircraft. (Free skill respecs until 8/2/19)

691 posts
5,409 battles
6 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The CV's are being developed to overlap the odd numbered tiers so I don't expect them to ever come back.

@Grygus_Triss 's hunch is right. They're planning this. Say farewell to your Bogue though. 

Edited by Paladinum

Super Tester
4,104 posts
4,575 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

@Grygus_Triss 's hunch is right. They're planning this. Say farewell to your Bogue though. 

Its taken them well and truly over 6 months to develop the new CV playstyle.  Do you honestly think that they can come up with a diverse way to use a second tech tree?

There are a lot of different options here: they could do a little less damage and assist their allies more instead in different ways like spotting enemies or through other advanced capabilities which were abundant with aircraft. It's possible that some types of aircraft in such alternative branches would be able to set smoke screens, saving heavily damaged ships from destruction. They might also be able to help allied battleships with putting out fires, or even land on water and capture objectives. Aircraft might even have something in their arsenal to help combat submarines should that ever become necessary

That statement is the best clutching at straws I have ever read in this game.  CV rewards are low as it is.  Do you think the mechanics can be tweaked to make players used planes that are solely ancillary roles such as spotting, or providing smoke.   This is some crazy dreaming by a dev and just throwing it out there with nothing to back it up

691 posts
5,409 battles

@RalphTheTheatreCat as if I really care... They think they fixed a broken system with a great solution, but that solution is broken as well.

About the 2nd CV line, I think they can do it, but like you mentioned, what'd be the difference(s) between the lines? Gimmicks? For the love of RNGesus, no...

This, however, opens up chances to nations that have CV designs but not enough to form a line with all (odd) tiers, like France or Germany.

617 posts
6,728 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Its taken them well and truly over 6 months to develop the new CV playstyle.  Do you honestly think that they can come up with a diverse way to use a second tech tree?

That statement is the best clutching at straws I have ever read in this game.  CV rewards are low as it is.  Do you think the mechanics can be tweaked to make players used planes that are solely ancillary roles such as spotting, or providing smoke.   This is some crazy dreaming by a dev and just throwing it out there with nothing to back it up

It may be clutching at staws, but It shows a strong desire to put them back in at some point. If the CV rework has taught us anything, it’s that WG will do whatever they want to keep the CV’s in game and relevant.

It may take a while, but if WG really want them back in, they will put them back in, regardless of if it seems like a good idea to us or not.

691 posts
5,409 battles
3 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

The love of RNGesus ??? Are you feeling alright??

No one in their right mind loves RNGesus !!

It's more of a love-hate relationship. He giveth, he also taketh away.

When I typed that, it was more of a random phrase that people blurt when they want some emphasis.

1,570 posts
9,754 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Agreed. That was the impression I got as well.

If you read between the lines you will realise that the whole thing is meaningless conjecture. Like you said, WG was clutching at straws there.

WG released that article because players were outraged that WG's idea of fixing CVs was to amputate half the lines, and therefore throw out historical CVs like Hiryuu, Taihou and Essex. It was just one big attempt at damage control.

Until I see some solid gameplay videos or details of the 2nd CV line, I think it is safe for me to say they are not coming back again.

[SPCTH]
96 posts
3,620 battles

I saw tech tree picture from news in EU official (picture may removed)
they are separate to new tech line and up tier
I think they will back with new line

Edited by RX83

[AUSNZ]
64 posts
12,671 battles

So i don't actually own Ranger anymore, but have Indi, Lex, Essex etc.  I've played through it and unlocked all the modules in the past... Just not in port.  So do I still get the FXP for her? Or should i quickly re-buy it which will have them already unlocked?

What will happen to aircraft carriers of uneven tiers?

• All accumulated XP will be transferred to an aircraft carrier one tier lower.
  • All XP spent on unlocking modules is compensated for by an equal amount of Free XP, as well as the full cost in credits if the module was available on the account.

1,697 posts
2 hours ago, MrPlow said:

So i don't actually own Ranger anymore, but have Indi, Lex, Essex etc.  I've played through it and unlocked all the modules in the past... Just not in port.  So do I still get the FXP for her? Or should i quickly re-buy it which will have them already unlocked?

What will happen to aircraft carriers of uneven tiers?

• All accumulated XP will be transferred to an aircraft carrier one tier lower.
  • All XP spent on unlocking modules is compensated for by an equal amount of Free XP, as well as the full cost in credits if the module was available on the account.

From what I understand (& I could be wrong, understanding this topic is already causing me brain damage), you have to have them actually in port not just researched, otherwise you may just end up with credits instead of free XP....

I got Lexington last night into my port, I'm not able to research planes for it though because my independence has over 315, 000 XP in it & my ranger only had 46, 000..

So I'll see what I end up with.

Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

Ordrazz

Sign in to follow this