Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinbarAu

Changes to Operations

8 comments in this topic

211 posts
4,356 battles

With the CV and AA rework coming with the new patch, how will that effect my two favorite Missions?

I speak of Dynamo and Cherry Blossoms.

For them, the AA component is a major part of the mission, and I know I have a Sims and a Baltimore set up specifically for the missions...

However, the rework doesnt just fundamentally change the AA, reducing the range and power, but affects the modules (AA range and DFAA extension) . without going into how differently the aircraft themselves act.

Anyone tried to find out?

673 posts
5,383 battles

Strike aircrafts don't seem to be controlled by AI anymore (AI cannot control them, that is, because of the new CV system). In Co-op, there won't be enemy CVs, instead, they will be replaced with BB bots.

So, I doubt there would be strike aircraft enemies in Ops anymore.

Unless WG actually keep the old CV system for bots only (which is highly impossible).

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles

I haven't heard or seen anything. Not that I would, most news I get from here or youtube.

I doubt they put so much effort into those ops to exclude them.

They'll either massively revamp them without aircraft. Or eventually rebalance for new mechanics.

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles

They will be back. WG didn’t spend hours creating them to just let them die.

***From the patch notes***

Operations Update

In light of the changes to aircraft carrier gameplay, some Operations were removed from rotation:

Cherry Blossom

Operation Dynamo

The Ultimate Frontier

Raptor Rescue

Hermes

Part of the gaming process in these Operations is tied to carriers. Unfortunately, at this stage bots have not been "trained" to cope with the new gaming process. Work is already underway to "upgrade" them, and we'll make every effort to put these Operations back in the game.

The operations will be adapted to work with the new mechanics and relaunched. They will be different, but I expect the same basic essence of the former operations will be there.

I could be wrong of course, I am staking a statement from WG at face value.

But as Ralphthetheatercat says, I’m an optimist.

173 posts
4,857 battles

Without these, the Ops cupboard looks pretty empty, so there's every chance they'll be back. Surely WG views Dynamo as OP in terms of credits and XP generated (let alone the zombie exploiters), so may well be revised.

Sign in to follow this