Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

I wonder if this becomes a trend...

21 comments in this topic

598 posts
2,995 battles

I can only talk from my own experience, yes, across the board, paid random loot boxes are being phased out. 

See this link for more info
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/e3-games-loot-boxes-being-axed-from-new-games/9860802

Additionally, there are a number of countries starting to put in to law that loot boxes are considered gambling... so I would say watch this space, it usually takes law makers around 48 to 72 months to catch up and regulate

641 posts
6,484 battles
17 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

I can only talk from my own experience, yes, across the board, paid random loot boxes are being phased out. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/e3-games-loot-boxes-being-axed-from-new-games/9860802

Additionally, there are a number of countries starting to put in to law that loot boxes are considered gambling... so I would say watch this space, it usually takes law makers around 48 to 72 months to catch up and regulate

wait a sec, sorry for off topic but are you a new mod or did you change your username? I don't remember we had a mod from adelaide

Super Tester
4,104 posts
4,575 battles
45 minutes ago, IJN_Harugumo said:

wait a sec, sorry for off topic but are you a new mod or did you change your username? I don't remember we had a mod from Adelaide

TC has been a mod since Jesus was a boy.

476 posts
8,110 battles
1 hour ago, tc1259 said:

Heaven forbid people actually use common sense hey? Lucky we have the government to think for us.

Funny thing is they will ban loot boxes in games but are quite happy to leave pokie machines go or have AFL shows like "The Footy Show" sponsored by gambling apps with every second advertisement a gambling one.

1,192 posts
5,617 battles

I have nothing against paid randomize item (since I'm a fan of Fate/Grand Order)

IMO, they have right to exist in 'free to play' game.

but for a full price game... NO!

full price game CAN have microtransection in it but must not be random.

(I play Tales of Berseria and very enjoy buying a cute/cool outfit for velvet)

75 posts
662 battles
22 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Heaven forbid people actually use common sense hey? Lucky we have the government to think for us.

Funny thing is they will ban loot boxes in games but are quite happy to leave pokie machines go or have AFL shows like "The Footy Show" sponsored by gambling apps with every second advertisement a gambling one.

That is because the poker machines and gambling apps pay 100s of millions of $$ in licence fees and taxes. The government gets sweet fanny adams from a $1.60 loot box.

598 posts
2,995 battles
On 1/29/2019 at 3:53 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

TC has been a mod since Jesus was a boy.

*laughs* And I'm not even that old 😛

598 posts
2,995 battles
On 1/29/2019 at 3:07 PM, IWantToFckCuteAnimeGirl said:

wait a sec, sorry for off topic but are you a new mod or did you change your username? I don't remember we had a mod from adelaide

Been a Mod since long before world of warships was a game 😛 I'm just the more silent type - Lurking from the shadows and what not. 

641 posts
6,484 battles
On 2/1/2019 at 10:35 AM, tc1259 said:

Been a Mod since long before world of warships was a game 😛 I'm just the more silent type - Lurking from the shadows and what not. 

i see XD we should totally hang out with other adelaide based players sometime and maybe play wows together 😕 kinda boring playing only by myself. dont have any friend around me who even knows wows

598 posts
2,995 battles
On 2/2/2019 at 9:29 PM, IWantToFckCuteAnimeGirl said:

i see XD we should totally hang out with other adelaide based players sometime and maybe play wows together 😕 kinda boring playing only by myself. dont have any friend around me who even knows wows

Come join TDA 😛  And in the process - I have issues with 501st 😛 only cause I'm a member of the 501st Legion in RL

Sign in to follow this