Prometheus_____

Best tier for learning gameplay fundamentals

5 comments in this topic

16 posts
270 battles

I want to learn the fundamentals of good quality gameplay in the most efficient way possible.  I want to git gud.

As a player of world of tanks blitz, my advice to new players was to:

grind many lines to tier v to experience the different tanks types and nation flavours,

then play 100+ games in classic tanks (like kv-1, stug, m4) untill you really understand the basics of their playstyle.

After that experince, then consider taking one line to higher tiers, while really focusing on “gittin gud”.

Tier v offered solid gameplay dynamics without the random newbie behaviour of lower tiers or the ruthless punishment of mistakes at high tiers.

In world of warships, does tier v also offer the same opportunity to learn gameplay fundamentals?  If not, what tier would you recommend for learning gameplay basics?

1,697 posts

T4 & 5 is great to experience & refine your skills, however be aware that T5 can be up tiered to T7 at times, where you get to experience tougher ships & higher gameplay...

T4 is when you start experiencing carriers (CVs)... So watch out for them.... There are videos around to help you learn to avoid torpedoes & things too....

& also when you get sunk, you can always click the mouse button or space bar & you'll zoom in to another ship like a passenger, so you can watch how they play as well... 

Choose the ships you want to play most, & then look on YouTube for videos on that ship, also there a great series of videos made by WARGAMING about different aspects of the game mechanics (ie. How armour works, how shells do damage etc), it would be very beneficial to watch those as well.... You should be able to find them on you tube as well...

Play around with different classes & nations a bit too, then you'll get the general feeling on how they play, which will help you learn how to fight them...

The number one rule (apart from not Team Killing your teams ships), is to have fun.... If you find your getting angry or having a losing streak, then hop off the computer for a time then jump back on fresh....  It will help prevent you getting burnt out & frustrated...

& you can always Div up with others, & don't be shy on asking questions & being observant..

There's different modes of play too, like co-op where you fight bot ships, then theres random, where all the players are, or scenarios where you join a group of people for missions, a training room where you can practice your own weaponry, etc... & of course clan wars (later for when you eventually get T10 if you join a clan)

There's a lot to look at & do....

Have fun & see you out there....

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

2,351 posts
14,856 battles

Yeah I reckon you got it about right.

At T6 you start meeting T8 and they have concealment expert so not only are they stronger they also stealthier. So sticking to T5 avoids that.

[TF44]
72 posts
9,992 battles

G'Day Mate,

I reckon Tier 4 is ideal for your goals. The narrow match making spread and exposure to all ship types provide a consistent battle experience. There is a good variety of skill levels without the ŕancour that becomes increasing prevalent as one advances up the tiers.

Play a few tier 5 battles interspersed with tier 4 as your confidence builds.

You already have a Gud approach. Use these these tiers to consolidate your skills.

Cheers

16 posts
270 battles

That’s great feedback, thanks.  I’ll aim to spend a lot of time at tier 4 across all classes and nations.

To confirm: are the distinctive national flavours apparent at tier 4?