You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TD1

[Suggestion] T8 Killer Whale

13 comments in this topic

299 posts
3,771 battles

Killer Whale is one of my favorite operations; it's so straightforward that all but the most potato of potatoes can win with at least 3 stars, it allows both Allied and Axis ships, and the premise is (at least for me) really good: get in a base, wreck stuff, and get out of there alive (with bonus if you destroy the reinforcements). Also, at T6, it also allows the most diverse palette of ships in the game, since there are a multitude of T6 premiums (except carriers, but what can you complain about? plus, with CV Rework coming, we may see T6 premium carriers in the future).

So I think it would be a good thing to have a T8 version of this operation, with largely the same premise but a few tweaks (such as replacing the tier 2-5 ships in the operation with tier 4-7 ships). This would also give the bonus of being the first T8 operation to allow Axis ships to take part.

[NLG]
1 post
2,831 battles

Adding a new T8 Op will also increase you Creditability and improve XP grind on your T8s and you will not see broken op Stalingrads or Kronshtadts in your T8.

Also at tier 8 you fresh new commander is likely to be terrible, this way you can train them up alot faster.

Overall I Second The Motion!

318 posts
2,336 battles

Agree totally.

9 hours ago, Alif_A said:

and you will not see broken op Stalingrads or Kronshtadts in your T8.

Wouldn't mind being teamed with someone who knows how to drive those ships in ops. 

I have the Kronnie, but I love my Bismarck/Tirpitz, Massa, Ala-Bamy etc. so much, I don't think Kronnie (if she were a t8) would get a look in. :Smile_smile:

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

615 posts
6,720 battles

Good Idea.

Though I would be happy with any new all Nation T8 Op. One that's friendly to a diverse amount of ships.

As @Alif_A says, it would be good for training new T8 commanders. As at T8 ships in a line often change enough that you need new commanders.

367 posts
9,786 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Good Idea.

Though I would be happy with any new all Nation T8 Op. One that's friendly to a diverse amount of ships.

As @Alif_A says, it would be good for training new T8 commanders. As at T8 ships in a line often change enough that you need new commanders.

Although, if you allow too big a diversity, you start to suffer from the problem of mm teaming you up with too many weak or inappropriate ships.

One of the best things about Cherry Blossom is that there are, literally, no bad or inappropriate ships you can bring to it.

615 posts
6,720 battles
11 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

Although, if you allow too big a diversity, you start to suffer from the problem of mm teaming you up with too many weak or inappropriate ships.

One of the best things about Cherry Blossom is that there are, literally, no bad or inappropriate ships you can bring to it.

When I say "friendly to a diverse amount of ships" I mean that the op is specifically designed to accommodate most ships. I.e the op should not be such that there are many "weak" or "inappropriate" ships to bring to it. And with WG continually releasing new lines with new flavours, and new premiums, operations, especially those which allow all types and nations, should not be designed in such a way that there are some ship type or nation that is "weak" in that op. Yes, some ships will be more optimal than others, but even the less optimal ones should fare ok with a bit of skill on the captain's behalf.

615 posts
6,720 battles
32 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Just allow cruisers of ALL nations into Hermes and Chery Blossom... Axis ships being gated makes me angry.

I’d say allow all DDs for Dynamo, but I really don’t want to go into a battle where theres 3 IJN DDs, and then 2 other DDs decide to suicide at start of battle.

689 posts
5,409 battles
51 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

then 2 other DDs decide to suicide at start of battle.

They really need to do something about that... that's an exploit, not a gameplay feature.

88 posts
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

They really need to do something about that... that's an exploit, not a gameplay feature.

Like steel rat's free xp farming in halloween

1,569 posts
9,754 battles
5 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I’d say allow all DDs for Dynamo, but I really don’t want to go into a battle where theres 3 IJN DDs, and then 2 other DDs decide to suicide at start of battle.

Actually some of the IJN DDs are pretty good at AA at that tier thanks to their dual purpose main guns. 

Going by base AA stats Mutsuki and Hatsuharu are almost as good as the USN DDs without DFAA. Much better than anything the Brits can bring in at their tier anyway. Only real issue they will have is turret traverse against the PT boats. Imo the USN DDs are way overtuned for this Op.