Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Catapult Fighters: Redux (0.8.0)

13 comments in this topic

2,089 posts
9,692 battles

With all of the massive patch overhaul, All of the ships will have Catapult Fighter with each Squadrons per number, due to the duration of 60 seconds (that will be changed or tweaked on 0.8.1) It is unknown to spot torpedoes and ships now.

But the addition of Squadrons per Catapult Fighter deals massive damage and counterattack to infinite hangar of planes from Carriers. Your Catapult Fighters can still spot torpedoes in 1 minute, although this could only useful for a bit of time, having it for 5 minutes duration would be the usual consumable from the last patch, The carriers has about 5 mins of patrolling so why not give this to all cruisers and Battleships as well, 1 minute for a squadron duration cannot save you from wave to wave.

Further disadvantage aside:

Use them as emergencies, If your detected and get harrassed by planes combine the use of the DFAA and Catapult Fighters as soon as possible, thst way you can shield yourself in a barrier of AA defense and Catapult Fighters combined.

If your fighters are attacked by carrier based fighters, fight them back with your AA, Catapult Fighters can spot ships as well as sneaky DDs trying to torpedo run on you.

Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
6,171 battles

Catapult Fighters are not going to be 1min, but just 30 sec :Smile_ohmy:

"Cruisers and battleships call in 1 to 4 fighters, with the consumable action time of 30 seconds and reload time of 90 seconds (Premium) / 135 seconds (standard)."

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/cv8-how-to-play/

2,089 posts
9,692 battles
5 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

Catapult Fighters are not going to be 1min, but just 30 sec :Smile_ohmy:

"Cruisers and battleships call in 1 to 4 fighters, with the consumable action time of 30 seconds and reload time of 90 seconds (Premium) / 135 seconds (standard)."

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/cv8-how-to-play/

Thats when you have the commander skill Direction Center of Catapult Fighters.

255 posts
8,439 battles

I think the suggestion to have the Cat Fighter lasting same as CV Squadron made sense , but before that fix the stupid ineffective AA .. Any ship should at least be able to defend itself to a degree  with their base AA, it should not be that one need to invest heavily into AA build to be able to deter enemy aerial attack .. you do not need to focus a build on guns and torp to put them to good use , why should the AA always need so .. it seems for the info presented, base AA can do practically nothing. IMHO base AA while should not over power and kill aerial attack en mass it should at least be able to deter attack and do some damage to enemy aerial elements. The sector approach is already a bad move cause it take away the one primary AA capability, namely the capability to choose the most dangerous target and target it for concentrated fire.

Beta Tester
682 posts
7,341 battles
5 hours ago, Mechfori said:

but before that fix the stupid ineffective AA

They did, AA is very effective on the latest PTS.  It looks pretty balanced at the moment, although we'll see how it is after it has been on live for a while.

255 posts
8,439 battles
22 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

They did, AA is very effective on the latest PTS.  It looks pretty balanced at the moment, although we'll see how it is after it has been on live for a while.

I sincerely do not think so, what I am referring to is all those ships that are not into AA build, now that CV can recover planes, AA , especially base AA of all ships should be ale to deter attack by able to not only damage but shoot down at least part of a squadron to keep it balanced. Especially after the fact that AFT no longer extend the range , and staying around a group do not help ( unless you practically sail next to your team mate ), and primary targeting now revolve around sector not allowing any ship to target primary ( what the ship see as the most dangerous incoming ), the added workload of needing to manage sector do not help either.

Edited by Mechfori

[CLAY]
589 posts
6,675 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

I sincerely do not think so, what I am referring to is all those ships that are not into AA build, now that CV can recover planes, AA , especially base AA of all ships should be ale to deter attack by able to not only damage but shoot down at least part of a squadron to keep it balanced. Especially after the fact that AFT no longer extend the range , and staying around a group do not help ( unless you practically sail next to your team mate ), and primary targeting now revolve around sector not allowing any ship to target primary ( what the ship see as the most dangerous incoming ), the added workload of needing to manage sector do not help either.

I think they also recently nerfed the 'recovery time' of planes. So CVs who are reckless in early game will notice a difference.

I imagine, for the near future, we will either be seeing CV players who are;

aggressive at the start, do nothing during the middle of the battle, then at full strength for the end; or

Conservative at the start, aggressive around halfway, then start running out near the end.

Assuming of course, that AA is doing its job.

255 posts
8,439 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Assuming of course, that AA is doing its job.

Ditto, as of this moment it seems though one need to invest quite heavy into AA skill to actually work , high tier game might not be reflecting much but T4 , T6 CV will have field days it seems. So far I had seen no streamer . game tester ever come out and assure the base AA efficiency ( and not just AA oriented sips ) and I must say I am pessimistic about it

[CLAY]
589 posts
6,675 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

Ditto, as of this moment it seems though one need to invest quite heavy into AA skill to actually work , high tier game might not be reflecting much but T4 , T6 CV will have field days it seems. So far I had seen no streamer . game tester ever come out and assure the base AA efficiency ( and not just AA oriented sips ) and I must say I am pessimistic about it

I cant help but feel pessimistic as well. Logically, I know that WG want people to play this game (and make a profit on it), and are not likely to do something that will affect that in the long term. But I'm not sure what WG want the game to "look like" after this. They're not just reinventing a class, they're changing the meta, which means they may not have been complete happy with the current meta anyway.

As I think I've said elsewhere, the big changes wont even just be the ones to the CV. What surface ships are scared of happening, that's happening now with current CVs. The big difference will be that CVs are easier to play, and WG expect them to be in every battle. You're lucky if you see 1 in 4 battles now.

The big change will be having to deal with a CV in every battle, THAT will change the meta.

And as far as I can see, AA still has the same problem. Not enough player skill in using it. You're still relying less on your own skill to counter aircraft, and more on the AA system. This new system has at least made it a skill test on the side of the CV player, but its a skill test against RNG, not the player of the ship. It looks like we're waiting for the CV player to mess up.

But hey, I haven't played on the test server, so I'm not really sure. All I can hope it that WG has some more ideas in how the AA system can work more on a player skill basis.

Sign in to follow this