Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moldavia

Is this a joke ...

22 comments in this topic

[SEARN]
626 posts
9,017 battles
1 hour ago, Moldavia said:

... or am I missing something.

1000000 base exp before 28/1/2019?

A reward of 1 credit?

Must be some sort of joke - but I don't get it!

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.01.26 - 10.22.42.37.png

Don't worry I did the same thing this morning. I clicked to sign up to the event a couple of days ago, but since I work 2 jobs 6 days I did not have time to read everything associated with the event.

Got a surprise when I noticed a new personal mission of 1 Mill base exp to be completed in 2 days :cap_fainting:

Would be very hard for WG to put some description on the personal mission to explain this is linked to the leader board part of the event, you know to avoid this kind of confusion :Smile_amazed: 

367 posts
9,786 battles

Thanks guys I see what it's about now. As @HobartAWD said, it doesn't seem too hard to have had something a bit explanatory up on the screen rather than what they've got now. There are always so many odd missions and challenges going on that I tend to ignore the descriptions most of the time these days.

367 posts
9,786 battles
8 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I'm trying it... but how can I do it!?

It's a bit difficult to follow but, if you carefully read https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/lifting_the_siege_of_leningrad/ a couple of times, it starts to make sense.

e.g. if you win 5 battles with Okt Rev in coop, your base exp will be averaged and, if you're in the top 100 at the end of the event you'll get a prize.

You can do the same for numerous other ships in both coop and randoms.

316 posts
2,336 battles
59 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Got a surprise when I noticed a new personal mission of 1 Mill base exp to be completed in 2 days :cap_fainting:

Please excuse my ignorance. But how is it possible to earn 1 Million base experience before the 28 th Jan 2019? That doesn't even seem possible over a month without playing continuously.

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
1 minute ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Please excuse my ignorance. But how is it possible to earn 1 Million base experience before the 28 th Jan 2019? That doesn't even seem possible over a month without playing continuously.

Nah, nah, check @Moldavia's post above.

That's probably just to keep the event alive.

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles

From the description:

Note: 3 combat missions will appear in-game after clicking the "Participate" button (Lifting the Siege of Leningrad pt.1, pt.2, and pt.3). Pt.1 can be used to track your progress for daily containers and will reward you immediately upon completion. Pt.2 & Pt.3 are not intended to be completed, only to confirm your participation and to track your total base XP earned during the competition.

316 posts
2,336 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Nah, nah, check @Moldavia's post above.

That's probably just to keep the event alive.

Eerr, umm. Ok Max. I'll give it a try. Trouble is my brain just exploded trying to work out how this work's. I'll just play a Rusian ship for a while and see what happens.

Alex

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
1 minute ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Eerr, umm. Ok Max. I'll give it a try. Trouble is my brain just exploded trying to work out how this work's. I'll just play a Rusian ship for a while and see what happens.

Alex

Play 5 winning battles in each valid ship in coop.

Your score will be averaged.

This will place you against other players.

[SEARN]
626 posts
9,017 battles
30 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

If anyone can do it @Max_Battle the posterchild for all day gamer can! 1 Mill base exp in 48 hours? No Worries:cap_like:

Yes as Max said it is simply a placeholder mission to record battle results to see if you get a reward from the event. Shame the info telling everyone this is rather obscure, and there is no mention of this on the actual personal mission. All rather confusing really

316 posts
2,336 battles
10 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

If anyone can do it @Max_Battle the posterchild for all day gamer can! 1 Mill base exp in 48 hours? No Worries:cap_like:

Yes as Max said it is simply a placeholder mission to record battle results to see if you get a reward from the event. Shame the info telling everyone this is rather obscure, and there is no mention of this on the actual personal mission. All rather confusing really

Thanks Hobart and Max.

I'll just keep it ticking away in the background. One problem is that I will have to outfit suitable Russian ship. I had not planned to do that for a little while. lol. Maybe October Revolution.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[SEARN]
626 posts
9,017 battles
32 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

It seems to be the time for jokes from WG. I noticed this side splitter in the Premium Shop today... funny joke WG

I saw that too. LOL. Seems the marketing department are all out of ideas about what to do since 0.8.0 got delayed and are scraping the bottom of the barrel again.

Great idea to rent this ship for a week for $6.79 so that players can experience its unique and Le Terrible qualities to allow them to reach the informed decision to not buy it. Special offer indeed. 

EDIT: inb4 WG do it for real. Imagine the profit stream if you were to rent ships for a week like Belfast, Nikolai, Kutuzov, Missouri and Kamikaze etc...…. for a nominal fee of course :Smile_coin:

Edited by HobartAWD

86 posts
4 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

From the description:

Note: 3 combat missions will appear in-game after clicking the "Participate" button (Lifting the Siege of Leningrad pt.1, pt.2, and pt.3). Pt.1 can be used to track your progress for daily containers and will reward you immediately upon completion. Pt.2 & Pt.3 are not intended to be completed, only to confirm your participation and to track your total base XP earned during the competition.

Exactly this. It seems many of our friends doesn't read the news section in game. It was just a tracker. 

65 posts
5,442 battles
16 hours ago, ShaddowAU said:

It seems to be the time for jokes from WG. I noticed this side splitter in the Premium Shop today... funny joke WG

You do get to keep the port slot 🙂

I'm wondering if it comes with a snowflake?

316 posts
2,336 battles
18 hours ago, MD047 said:

Exactly this. It seems many of our friends doesn't read the news section in game. It was just a tracker. 

Are yes there it is. Found it.

Addendem 6 to part 21 of subclause 16.35 *Note 2. :Smile-_tongue:

86 posts
3 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Are yes there it is. Found it.

Addendem 6 to part 21 of subclause 16.35 *Note 2. :Smile-_tongue:

:Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this