You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

there needs to be a IQ test to buy the PEF

25 comments in this topic

[SMOKE]
Beta Tester
561 posts
2,736 battles

jesus is anyone else having issue with this guys being the worst players i think i have ever seen 

last game i was in , it was me in queen eliz , 2 pef . we ran into 2 cruisers , both PEF BB ran away to the other side of the map , i was like WTF .

Edited by kongman

14 posts

This is normal, but it usually happens to me when I captain a DD and trying to cap.  I feel your pain mate.  By the way, if I where in a PEF, I would be happy to take on 2 cruiser's alone let alone with a QE backing me up.  The PEF is an awesome cruiser hunter killer, it is what it was designed to do in real life and WG have accurately modeled it this way in the game.

[SMOKE]
Beta Tester
561 posts
2,736 battles
30 minutes ago, NOJ_iron said:

This is normal, but it usually happens to me when I captain a DD and trying to cap.  I feel your pain mate.  By the way, if I where in a PEF, I would be happy to take on 2 cruiser's alone let alone with a QE backing me up.  The PEF is an awesome cruiser hunter killer, it is what it was designed to do in real life and WG have accurately modeled it this way in the game.

just bad players i think 

174 posts
1,134 battles

On the bright side, P.E.F spamming in T5-6 isn't half as bad as those phony Black Friday ships. Glad I don't see those clones anymore!

617 posts
6,728 battles

If you earned the PEF through the in-game event, is that an automatic pass on the I.Q test?

Honestly, If 3 T6 BBs are facing 2 cruisers, why would the BBs run? Its the cruisers who should run. And PEF has decent secondaries, so they benefit from being closer. Only real risk is if the cruisers had torpedos.

14 posts
53 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

IQ test to buy the PEF???... With everything that is now known and widely published about it, if anyone now buys the PEF they clearly failed any IQ test.

They fail because they do not play PEF correctly to it's strengths.  The PEF is a Battle Cruiser, although in the game it is designated as a BB.  It was designed to out fight cruisers/DD's, ships lesser armored with smaller caliber guns and out run, out maneuver more heavily armoured but slower BB's that out gun it.  When fighting cruiser's it is like a BB, but when fighting BB's it is a cruiser, it must be played with this in mind at all times.  So I guess they fail the IQ test on how to play the PEF or are more likely inexperienced playing this ship because it is an EXCELLENT ship and has become a current personal favorite.

1,697 posts
1 hour ago, ShaddowAU said:

IQ test to buy the PEF???... With everything that is now known and widely published about it, if anyone now buys the PEF they clearly failed any IQ test.

Well.... People are telling me I have no brains anyway, so perhaps I don't feel the loss so bad....

I bought the ship, because I knew I wouldn't be able to grind for it because of internet issues (which has since been rectified) ...

Apart from wonky guns (something like Kongo & mutsu)... I haven't got a real issue with it, it steers & performs like Hood, but it is a battlecruiser & one must play it as such....

For everyone, Just because it's premium, doesn't automatically mean its better (or OP) than anything else at its tier, so people should stop the grumbling , & put up or shut up..... To us collectors, its another fine addition... & really I'm happy about the Mackensen class BATTLECRUISER making an appearance in the game, because in real life the ship was launched but never completed....

I still find despite its wonky unpredictable guns, I get a consistent 40,000 + damage game out of her, (making allowances for the wonks)... So overall, she is a pretty good ship....

Ordrazz

1,697 posts
18 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

If you earned the PEF through the in-game event, is that an automatic pass on the I.Q test?

Honestly, If 3 T6 BBs are facing 2 cruisers, why would the BBs run? Its the cruisers who should run. And PEF has decent secondaries, so they benefit from being closer. Only real risk is if the cruisers had torpedos.

One answer: cowards with no experience or knowledge of game mechanics or ship performances....

1,697 posts
4 minutes ago, NOJ_iron said:

They fail because they do not play PEF correctly to it's strengths.  The PEF is a Battle Cruiser, although in the game it is designated as a BB.  It was designed to out fight cruisers/DD's, ships lesser armored with smaller caliber guns and out run, out maneuver more heavily armoured but slower BB's that out gun it.  When fighting cruiser's it is like a BB, but when fighting BB's it is a cruiser, it must be played with this in mind at all times.  So I guess they fail the IQ test on how to play the PEF or are more likely inexperienced playing this ship because it is an EXCELLENT ship and has become a current personal favorite.

I'm glad someone else has actual knowledge about ship classes & roles... Thank you for this good post... +1

Ordrazz

83 posts

I'm sure there are some players that would swear the "Krispy Kreme" is a great ship despite everyone else saying its a steaming pile of crap. If you feel the PEF is a great ship then someone should call for a padded wagon to collect you hats off to you and may it bring you much joy.

14 posts
5 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

I'm sure there are some players that would swear the "Krispy Kreme" is a great ship despite everyone else saying its a steaming pile of crap. If you feel the PEF is a great ship then someone should call for a padded wagon to collect you hats off to you and may it bring you much joy.

Perhaps this ship and I just click or it fits my personal pilosphy, out run any one I can't out fight and out fight any one I can't out run.😃

1 post
4,113 battles

If that's the reason you think there needs a IQ test to buy PEF, then trust me, we are gonna need a IQ test to buy almost all BB, premium and tech tree alike.

Don't get me wrong - I ain't saying those two PEF players are doing the right thing. Far from it, if I am being honest. There is very few justifiable reasons for 2 out of 3 BB back down from a fight against 2 CL/CA, other than maybe those CL/CA have torps or, in this situation, they are T8 german/*maybe* american CA(both of which can bow tank QE and PEF effectively, german T8 CA especially more threatening in this situation as they also have torps), but even then, it's only barely justified.

Yet, this is not totally uncommon to see - a rather notable portion of BB players are unwilling to commit to fights, or even just have the decency to sail their precious ship up to tank damage. Oh and need I remind you the ever present "sniper" players(mostly commonly for the Yamato sister or any other ships that behaves similarly) who just sit at the back every game and gets roll over when their support withers away? My latest experience of this kind BB behaviours saw myself yelling at a top tier Lyon sitting at the back spamming HE. The two PEF captain's behaviours are frankly nothing new.

I will admit tho that this kind of behaviours doesn't not necessarily represent majority of the BB players - I DO seems to recalled there being more BB players willing to stand their ground more up front instead of just sitting at the back and/or running if there is a threat their ship can be sunk, yet we seldom notice these kind of players and tend to pay a lot more focus to the bad things others did, because the bad behaviours are generally more notable to us than the good.

Just play you part of the match, and if you are really pissed about the behaviours of teammates, try your best to contain your anger and respectfully give them advice to improve as you saw fit. It's only a game, and we all had a period of time that we were doing something in the same level of stupidity as them. If I am being honest, I am one of those potatoes who play way too aggressively in their DM and woosters for my own good even tho I had been playing the USN cruiser line for the most signifiant part of my warship experience.

Edited by skylordyip

83 posts
19 minutes ago, NOJ_iron said:

Perhaps this ship and I just click or it fits my personal pilosphy, out run any one I can't out fight and out fight any one I can't out run.😃

Before I mothballed my PEF I've at times had good matches with it, and the longer I used it the more I got used to its limitations (and there are many). My very last match with it I even think I did quite well with it. Despite that I can't overlook the numerous bad matches I had with it when its guns made it almost impossible to hit anything and when you did you might as well have thrown a spitball at the enemy for all the damage it does. Can you sink enemies with the PEF? Yes. Can you win matches in the PEF? Yes. The fact is there are other tier 6 BBs out there that are far more rewarding and enjoyable to play than the PEF.

PS. Oh, someone gave me a "Bad" rating for this and my last comment... its like a dagger to my heart. Whoever it was, do you want a tissue for your issue? Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean their opinion is "Bad".

Edited by ShaddowAU

617 posts
6,728 battles
3 hours ago, ShaddowAU said:

PS. Oh, someone gave me a "Bad" rating for this and my last comment... its like a dagger to my heart. Whoever it was, do you want a tissue for your issue? Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean their opinion is "Bad".

I blame the poor rating system. "bad" is such a poor rating, like saying "your opinion is stupid and you are stupid" The angry face does not help. A neutral or frowny face (minus the angry eyebrows) would convey a better and more accurate meaning of "I disagree with you". which I feel is probably more accurate to the actual opinion of the rater.

But maybe I'm just too sensitive. Or maybe its just I'm more likely to use "bad" for actually offensive comments, if I'm not laughing at the poster for his comments.

I also want a rating for confused, since there are some posts which really, really confuse me. Usually the ones with no gramma.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

1,570 posts
9,754 battles
4 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I also want a rating for confused, since there are some posts which really, really confuse me. Usually the ones with no gamma.

Yeah there should be a :Smile_amazed: rating. Because some posts really have me going "wat?".

83 posts
27 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I blame the poor rating system. "bad" is such a poor rating, like saying "your opinion is stupid and you are stupid" The angry face does not help. A neutral or frowny face (minus the angry eyebrows) would convey a better and more accurate meaning of "I disagree with you". which I feel is probably more accurate to the actual opinion of the rater.

But maybe I'm just too sensitive. Or maybe its just I'm more likely to use "bad" for actually offensive comments, if I'm not laughing at the poster for his comments.

I also want a rating for confused, since there are some posts which really, really confuse me. Usually the ones with no gamma.

Well you have to wonder when 3 of the 5 rating options on posts are negative/insulting that maybe by design these forum are made to stir up s#!t and p!$$ people off.

[LNA]
1,738 posts
11,012 battles
4 hours ago, ShaddowAU said:

Or they win the M aptitude test.

1,697 posts

I LOVE my Krispy Kreme !!! Yes, its another one of my favorite & most played ships !!

:Smile_child:

People underrate it, & I usually do very well in it..... The only main real problem with it is its tiny guns, but you can compensate by setting fires....  Its a great DD hunter, & its another one of those ships that you have to discover its character to do well in it...hands off my Krispy Kreme !!

:crab:

Ordrazz

83 posts
6 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

I LOVE my Krispy Kreme !!! Yes, its another one of my favorite & most played ships !!

:Smile_child:

People underrate it, & I usually do very well in it..... The only main real problem with it is its tiny guns, but you can compensate by setting fires....  Its a great DD hunter, & its another one of those ships that you have to discover its character to do well in it...hands off my Krispy Kreme !!

:crab:

Ordrazz

Oh yeah and the Mikasa is also the best Japanese BB ever, possibly even the best ship in the whole game. Who wants a crappy Missouri or Belfast for example when you can get the Mikasa, such an underrated and completely OP gem... 

Krispy Kreme as good ship, yeah right. I was starting to think you where being serious about the PEF etc. until that one, good joke.

Edited by ShaddowAU

1,697 posts
8 hours ago, ShaddowAU said:

Oh yeah and the Mikasa is also the best Japanese BB ever, possibly even the best ship in the whole game. Who wants a crappy Missouri or Belfast for example when you can get the Mikasa, such an underrated and completely OP gem... 

Krispy Kreme as good ship, yeah right. I was starting to think you where being serious about the PEF etc. until that one, good joke.

To each his (or her) own, we all have our favorite ships..........

Ordrazz

691 posts
5,409 battles

There needs to be a requirement for buying premiums, like, for Massachusetts, you need to have at least 100 battles in T8 BBs, etc.

But shooting at clueless newbs who sail Tirpitz or Alabama as their first ships in the game is profitable. Or torping them from stealth.