Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

With a little bit of organisation and communication...

18 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,300 posts
12,508 battles

...ops can be fun and rewarding.

All these ops were done tonight with the majority of our team drawn from "Social Wolves".

Mostly 5 stars.

Organisation and Communication.

Ops pay out so well in terms of credits and XP.

IF you can get organisation and communication.

(The one at the top was when it was just me and @Taipan17 left at the end of the night and we played with mostly pug potatoes... you can see what happened there...)

div_stars.jpg

• Cool 3

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
7,596 battles

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
1,205 posts
8,130 battles

Was in KW last night in my Ryujo.

Everything was textbook. Forts taken out, all ships in bay killed with ease. I played strongly and ended up with just under 200k damage.

Exit point appeared in west, 1 PEF went north, dealt with both CL and BB, and ended up dying. All other ships went west. All other enemy reinforcements were dealt with with 5 mins to spare for farming. Easy 5 star win right?

Yea-nah. 

For reasons I am unable to fathom, at that point, with an assured 5 star win, 5 mins remaining and right next to the exit point, 4 of our ships decided to head North to fight the spawning enemy ships. I wasn’t too worried at start, 5 mins left, more than enough time to still get back. But they kept heading north, kept killing ships with no intention to go down fighting.

It soon became apparent to me that they had no intention to actually win this, they were now too far away to make it back, my pinging and chat went unnoticed. The PEF in north was dead, as he planned, and the only ship other than myself who had stayed in the exit, another PEF, was killed by newly spawning ships.

With a final chat message from me “You’ve thrown the match, You ****tards” the match ended in a loss.

The team seemed too competent, and KW has been around too long for them not to realise how to win, so I can only think that they were stat padding damage farmers.

KW is not hard. A team with even a little coordination and skill can ace it most times. The only hard part is the exit zones, which I call the “Idiot Test”. You still occasionally get a few newbies, or simply careless people, or unlucky, who mess it up. But what I witnessed defied belief. 

I doubt I’m the only one, I’m sure plenty here have had similar teams who have wilfully lost the match, And it’s probably not worth complaining about. I don’t want to start another “dynamo complaint forum”.

If my timing had been a bit better, I may have gotten into one of Max’s divs, and not had this problem.

I just don’t understand this sort of behaviour. Just another issue that can be solved by playing with friends.

Anyway, that’s my experience/rant over. My second run in the PEF was better. 5 star with only 2 ships left alive, but still 5 star win.

Happy sailing.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
182 posts
5,915 battles

Because there are more options, Killer Whale benefits more from playing in an organised group; you don't mind taking one for the team occasionally, everyone benefits through conisistancy, you have better learning from mistakes and it's much more fun.

Shout out to all the excellent team mates (especially looking at you Nik).

[TF44]
182 posts
5,915 battles
31 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

KW is not hard. A team with even a little coordination and skill can ace it most times. The only hard part is the exit zones, which I call the “Idiot Test”. You still occasionally get a few newbies, or simply careless people, or unlucky, who mess it up. But what I witnessed defied belief. 

Yes, if you receive "presents" in the form of Cits from the middle fort at the start or from the 2 BBs at the back, you usually get focused fired when you venture out from the harbour, so it does happen. And then you get what happened to you.

[TF44]
348 posts
2,805 battles

Divying with the "Social Wolves" brings a lot to playing these scenarios. Not least of which is the companionship. Max's co-ordinating helps enormously. Most/all of us know what to do in these ops, but comunicating intentions gives a positive feeling of confidence. lol. Plus if our Divy is teamed with a potato or two, we can counter that. 

By no stretch of the imagination are we super unicum's just average players enjoying the game. Huh, and learning how to shoot straight. lol. 

Was dissapointed last night that I could not join in as NBN went on the fritz due too power failures in the hot weather. One benefit was that no one could ring me because it takes out my home phone line as well. :Smile_veryhappy:

Great fun.

Alex B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
6,639 battles

I will have to join in on the weekend.......weekdays work get in the way :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,300 posts
12,508 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Everything was textbook. Forts taken out, all ships in bay killed with ease. I played strongly and ended up with just under 200k damage.

Exit point appeared in west, 1 PEF went north, dealt with both CL and BB, and ended up dying. All other ships went west. All other enemy reinforcements were dealt with with 5 mins to spare for farming. Easy 5 star win right?

Yea-nah. 

For reasons I am unable to fathom, at that point, with an assured 5 star win, 5 mins remaining and right next to the exit point, 4 of our ships decided to head North to fight the spawning enemy ships. I wasn’t too worried at start, 5 mins left, more than enough time to still get back. But they kept heading north, kept killing ships with no intention to go down fighting.

It soon became apparent to me that they had no intention to actually win this, they were now too far away to make it back, my pinging and chat went unnoticed. The PEF in north was dead, as he planned, and the only ship other than myself who had stayed in the exit, another PEF, was killed by newly spawning ships.

With a final chat message from me “You’ve thrown the match, You ****tards” the match ended in a loss.

The team seemed too competent, and KW has been around too long for them not to realise how to win, so I can only think that they were stat padding damage farmers.

I doubt I’m the only one, I’m sure plenty here have had similar teams who have wilfully lost the match, And it’s probably not worth complaining about. I don’t want to start another “dynamo complaint forum”.

If my timing had been a bit better, I may have gotten into one of Max’s divs, and not had this problem.

I just don’t understand this sort of behaviour. Just another issue that can be solved by playing with friends.

Anyway, that’s my experience/rant over. My second run in the PEF was better. 5 star with only 2 ships left alive, but still 5 star win.

Happy sailing.

Yeah. I feel your pain of course.

Funny thing is, in our organised teams, we had a couple of times where we were happily blasting away at the extra spawns and suddenly realised we had three minutes or less to get enough ships to exit on time!

Once I think we got in with seconds to spare...

I think it was Douglas Bader who said, "Never follow your enemy down..."

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,300 posts
12,508 battles
3 hours ago, scottme said:

Because there are more options, Killer Whale benefits more from playing in an organised group; you don't mind taking one for the team occasionally, everyone benefits through conisistancy, you have better learning from mistakes and it's much more fun.

Yeah, well when we have people like @Nikolaevna along, it does make things easier.

Most times when someone in a DD or CL says, "I'm just going to head off alone and do something," it is cause for much facepalming and F9ing...

But with Nik it's more like, "Hmmm, hope there's something left for ME to shoot at!"

😄

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,300 posts
12,508 battles
3 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Divying with the "Social Wolves" brings a lot to playing these scenarios. Not least of which is the companionship. Max's co-ordinating helps enormously. Most/all of us know what to do in these ops, but comunicating intentions gives a positive feeling of confidence. lol. Plus if our Divy is teamed with a potato or two, we can counter that. 

By no stretch of the imagination are we super unicum's just average players enjoying the game. Huh, and learning how to shoot straight. lol. 

Was dissapointed last night that I could not join in as NBN went on the fritz due too power failures in the hot weather. One benefit was that no one could ring me because it takes out my home phone line as well. :Smile_veryhappy:

Great fun.

Alex B_T23

As Tolkien described who and what the Hobbits were, he said they liked to write a lot of things down - family histories and such.

He said they do this, not because everyone didn't already know these things, but because everyone was happier and more satisfied to see it all written down properly so it was nice and clear there could be no misunderstanding.

What a pleasant, peaceful and wise folk those little Welsh farmers are!

😄

• Cool 1

[ZUIUN]
Alpha Tester
458 posts
5 hours ago, scottme said:

1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Yeah, well when we have people like @Nikolaevna along, it does make things easier.

Most times when someone in a DD or CL says, "I'm just going to head off alone and do something," it is cause for much facepalming and F9ing...

But with Nik it's more like, "Hmmm, hope there's something left for ME to shoot at!"

😄

Thanks. After a while it gets pretty boring playing the same scenario over and over again though. 3-4 games in and I started browsing the web each time I waited for the enemy to spawn. If we do get a full division we should try and diversify with the scenarios we play. This of course depends if everyone has the appropriate ships. But that's just me. I'm either burned out or I don't find WoWS fun anymore and should probably take a break until I feel the urge to play again.

[TLS]
1,361 posts
16,909 battles
6 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Farming damage. Cannot read objective. People who are deluded that farming damage with 0 stars earns more XP than a successful 5star.

[TF44]
182 posts
5,915 battles
9 minutes ago, Nikolaevna said:

Thanks. After a while it gets pretty boring playing the same scenario over and over again though. 3-4 games in and I started browsing the web each time I waited for the enemy to spawn. If we do get a full division we should try and diversify with the scenarios we play. This of course depends if everyone has the appropriate ships. But that's just me. I'm either burned out or I don't find WoWS fun anymore and should probably take a break until I feel the urge to play again.

And being able to pick and choose the op is a very nice benefit of gathering enough div members.

After a while, dare I say it, we may have quite an effective team for "R" type battles.... :Smile_hiding:

Edited by scottme

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,300 posts
12,508 battles
1 hour ago, scottme said:

And being able to pick and choose the op is a very nice benefit of gathering enough div members.

After a while, dare I say it, we may have quite an effective team for "R" type battles.... :Smile_hiding:

You mean Randoms?

Only 3 to a div though...

Mind you when me, @Old_Spud_1965 and @Taipan17 hooked up for some random games the other day, we did very well - familiarity with play style and easy communication really worked.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
348 posts
2,805 battles
17 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Pugtatoes.

pugtatoes.jpg

Looks like my buddy's need me. Firing up game now.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23
  • Funny 1

[-FUN-]
300 posts
4,021 battles
10 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yea-nah. 

Happy sailing.

Wondering if you could TK few of those who strayed too far, thus allowing ships already in the exit zone to be 50% of all ships left?

[CLAY]
1,205 posts
8,130 battles
50 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

Wondering if you could TK few of those who strayed too far, thus allowing ships already in the exit zone to be 50% of all ships left?

Unfortunately, you cannot cause damage to friendly ships in ops 😞

Sign in to follow this