Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

What is "Balance"?

14 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,300 posts
12,508 battles

I haven't been following the CV update/testing regime.

I've looked at a few threads, heard some talk and occasionally chatted about it in game or in channel so I have absorbed some information by osmosis but I haven't deliberately sought videos or other sources to keep up with it like I do when I am thinking about buying a new premium or gearing up a new ship.

I figure it has changed so much and will probably change again after 0.8.0 and I guess I thought I would just see how it goes when it goes live - you know, learn it then in a "semi-final" state.

But I have wondered what I and indeed we all will encounter when the CVs go live and we all start to get our own opinion about whether or not they are "balanced".

There are many ships out there already that can get multi-kills in skilled (or lucky hands). We see it all the time. If you are one of those skilled (or lucky) players who know what you are doing, no doubt you get multi-kills a lot.

So I guess the new CVs will be able to do this too.

I wonder how everyone will react to the new CVs getting multi-kills when 0.8.0 goes live?

If you are the fourth victim to a new CV in a single game, will you cry "NEW CV OP! PLEASE NERF!"?

How many ships in the game are already doing that?

Is a Fuso OP and unbalanced if it gets four kills?

I wonder how we will react and/or overreact to such a circumstance in the new CV era and how will this affect what we think about when we think of "Balance"?

[CLAY]
1,205 posts
8,130 battles

Was in a random battle yesterday in PEF against a T8 CV. Unfair to start with. Was quite close to an island, so thought I would be safe enough from torp drop from that direction. CV still managed a perfect drop in the small space, torps armed, I was dead. I have no doubt that many other players would have messed up the drop, and even if I was closer to the island, he probably would have come around and hit me from the other direction.

From what little I’ve seen and read, AA is slowly getting to the point where it may be called “balanced”. But things are going to change. Planes are CVs damage dealers, there is never going to be a mechanism that nullifies them completely. But compared to everything else, they are too fast and too manoeuvrable. They may not be the OP thing they were, they they will still be very powerful, more influential than DDs. And there is still nothing we can really do about it. As before, If a CV wants you dead, you are dead, only question is how many planes they are willing to sacrifice. No other ship really has that power.

• Cool 1

[HMASW]
1,853 posts

What is balance?

Its what I lose when I drink too much....

:cap_tea:

• Funny 3

[TF44]
348 posts
2,805 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Was quite close to an island, so thought I would be safe enough from torp drop from that direction. CV still managed a perfect drop in the small space, torps armed, I was dead.

I had the same thing happen to me during the PEF campaign a couple of days ago. :cap_wander::cap_fainting:

1,910 posts
6,036 battles

Round 2 of the round: can't get near Orion without losing whole squadron (same tier CVs).

Round 3: same deal but with FUSO. If the enemy team only has Fuso left may as well quit the match.

How TF does that happen? Freaking WW1 ships and freaking Fuso?????

Just how?

HOW!?!?!???

Edited by Paladinum

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
7,596 battles

Balance.

Never letting the wife and girlfriend meet..:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 5

[SMOKE]
659 posts
10,090 battles
9 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Was in a random battle yesterday in PEF against a T8 CV. Unfair to start with. Was quite close to an island, so thought I would be safe enough from torp drop from that direction. CV still managed a perfect drop in the small space, torps armed, I was dead. I have no doubt that many other players would have messed up the drop, and even if I was closer to the island, he probably would have come around and hit me from the other direction.

From what little I’ve seen and read, AA is slowly getting to the point where it may be called “balanced”. But things are going to change. Planes are CVs damage dealers, there is never going to be a mechanism that nullifies them completely. But compared to everything else, they are too fast and too manoeuvrable. They may not be the OP thing they were, they they will still be very powerful, more influential than DDs. And there is still nothing we can really do about it. As before, If a CV wants you dead, you are dead, only question is how many planes they are willing to sacrifice. No other ship really has that power.

Really tha should not be the case, every ship in the game ( other than CV ) take risk when attacking themselves ; CV is safe and they can ignore lost as plane is now limitless in supply this is not a balance so to speak

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,538 battles

'Perfectly Balanced as all thing should be' - Thanos 

Look up Balancedfast, Balancedgrad, Balancedio Cesare, Balancedkaze...... 

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
824 posts
8,121 battles
17 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Really tha should not be the case, every ship in the game ( other than CV ) take risk when attacking themselves ; CV is safe and they can ignore lost as plane is now limitless in supply this is not a balance so to speak

Plane's aren't really limitless in the rework.  They have about a 1-2 min reload (depending on CV and aircraft type) per plane.  Say you have a 90s recharge, and you lose your whole squadron in the first attack.  That means the max number of planes of that type you will recharge is 12.  That does actually set a hard limit that starts to get quite close to previous hangar sizes, especially in the higher tiers.  The difference now is you have to wait for them instead of them just being in your hangar.

It's going to be very easily through poor CV play to end up in a situation where you have very few aircraft per wave, and are close to being combat ineffective.

You're absolutely right in saying that the CV doesn't have to risk the ship however.

Round 2 of the round: can't get near Orion without losing whole squadron (same tier CVs).

Orion has great AA, it's one of it's main strengths at a tier where CV's are very common.  It's my go to T4 no thought required ship, and I spec it with BFT and Manual AA, it absolutely shreds planes.

Sign in to follow this