You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kyjo

Atlanta needs a serious Buff

27 comments in this topic

[FORCE]
39 posts
3,770 battles

Geez i wonder if you can even hit anything beyond 11.1km with that kind of gun arc
(edit) 
-adding some few words here, even if the ship range get buffed i still doubt you can hit anything with that arc unless the ship stop moving or you have godly aim with that kind of arc shells.
-about the thin armor well i guess if you angle a bit your screwed basically, eat tons of AP pen from BBs 
- Penetration? AP or HE? HE has low because if you look at the obviously gun caliber im sure you know why, IFHE is a thing mate
- Your 'unlimited' DFAA is there for a reason if you got into a CV match, honestly il take that CV match everyday in Atlanta 

Edited by Hesa_

[LBAS]
715 posts
8,204 battles

Atlanta requires island to work

Get IFHE And CE FIRST to do more consistent damage

BFT is a MUST too else you gonna stuck with 11.1km 

It requires abit time to get used to Atlanta arc, You need to lead abit more than the indicated shell flight time

Beta Tester
790 posts
3,686 battles

This is the first time I've heard someone saying " Atlanta-needs-a-serious-buff " .

Atlanta does not play as your average cruiser. BUT instead, you played as a " Large Destroyer " . Use it as a Ambush point.

127mm gun is best used to make people losing their mind for island lobbing . So use HE often. And WAIT! Did i forget , Atlanta has a torpedo for surprise use right? well... okay then...

[1NATN]
490 posts
16,569 battles

Back in the early days of WoWS people would make this argument about the Atlanta and that was before it had radar.

They were wrong then and they're wrong now.

If you think it's weak, you're doing it wrong. It's really that simple.

Edited by Bex_o7

Super Tester
4,104 posts
4,575 battles
7 hours ago, kyjo said:

Absolutely paper thin Armour, ridiculously short range, and rubbish penetration and damage. Is a magnificent AA ship but i meet carriers once every 20 games nowadays. 

2rv9o0.jpg

318 posts
2,336 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

2rv9o0.jpg

Agree.

Regardless. Atlanta is one of a number of ships that good players will attempt to delete asap. It is a case that the better players will recognise the ships that matter most. So don't be suprised if you get "Focused" by anythig that can throw as much S*** at you as possible. And excuse the pun, but you are in the same boat as Radar ships, cruisers and destroyers.

Atlanta can be deadly in the right hands.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

1,697 posts
12 hours ago, kyjo said:

Absolutely paper thin Armour, ridiculously short range, and rubbish penetration and damage. Is a magnificent AA ship but i meet carriers once every 20 games nowadays. 

Learning you must do, young padawan, before hate comes, consume you it will.

20170405204540-empire-yoda.jpg

174 posts
4,919 battles

One of those botes that if you get caught and focused, you WILL be deleted quickly. So don't get caught and continue dishing out the pain.

274 posts
8,539 battles

No Atlanta do not need buff, Atlanta just need its own play style .. its not mean to gun duel in long range nor even gunning CA / BB, its a CL and its job is to engage other CL and DD. Asking a ship to do what its not designed for is asking for trouble. At best it could be a nice support when facing CA and BB with teammate doing the brawl / fight but on its own its not really there for it.

Edited by Mechfori
spelling mistakes

2,628 posts
6,886 battles

is this thread a joke?

she is one of the beast premium ship. 

not many player who play dd and dare to face her head on. or without back up

Edited by XP_On

65 posts
5,484 battles

Atlanta has excellent armour, in the form of rocky outcrops weighing several million tons.

Most issues with Atlanta result from geometry failings in ship positioning rendering this armour ineffective.

It's a PICNIC: Problem in chair not in computer.

470 posts
4,675 battles

There are tons of islands and terrain. Why don't you use it? American ships are best when hiding behind islands and lobbing shells. Charging into the enemy won't work.

Beta Tester
790 posts
3,686 battles
12 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

Is this bait post? 

We are the fish in a bucket now when we all one step foot to look at this OP and this Bait Post.

111 posts
15,254 battles

The only problem with Atlanta is that it needs at least a 14-point captain, since you really need IFHE and AFT.

Division with a USN DD for maximum effectiveness.

2,628 posts
6,886 battles
7 minutes ago, Bunnios said:

The only problem with Atlanta is that it needs at least a 14-point captain, since you really need IFHE and AFT.

Division with a USN DD for maximum effectiveness.

19 point commander is better

2,628 posts
6,886 battles
7 minutes ago, Bunnios said:

Wow, you really think that needed to be said?

Thank you Captain Obvious.

what wrong with my post? 

i wonder if US Ship will still powerful with new CV meta

111 posts
15,254 battles
15 minutes ago, XP_On said:

what wrong with my post?  

If I tell you "I got 70% in my last exam" and you reply "100% is better", see how stupid that sounds? Same thing.

4,750 posts
18,690 battles
12 hours ago, Bunnios said:

Wow, you really think that needed to be said?

Thank you Captain Obvious.

14 points means picking between IFHE/CE and AFT, 19 points means you dont, i dont see a issue with the statement that. i dont consider atlanta "playable" (I.E topping 80% of the matches i play) unless you have both CE and IFHE, AFT is optional but would do the ship really good if she had it

2,628 posts
6,886 battles
On 1/25/2019 at 12:43 AM, Bunnios said:

If I tell you "I got 70% in my last exam" and you reply "100% is better", see how stupid that sounds? Same thing.

i dont think so... you are [content removed] . LOL
also if you said you got 70, i will say learn more hahaha

On 1/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, ahwai82 said:

support this..please buff atlanta!!!(because i have atlanta 😁)

nope.. i hate her enough when i use my DD

Inappropriate content. Post edited, user warned.

~Beaufighter