Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MD047

New Consumables> Secondary reload booster and Anti Targeting System

24 comments in this topic

[MD]
93 posts

Good afternoon captains.

Been thinking about these consumables for a while. WG recently added Main battery reload for French fleet. So why not add those 2 consumables to the game as well.

Besides they can make some difference and create new play style as well.

Lets face it, all german BBs take huge pen from other BBs, weak AA protection means getting wiped by CV AP bombers, and they are vaulnarable to HE spam in . Many players see them as damage pinatas.

And DDs are targeted by every guns in the area when spotted, I've explained DD nerf(passive) about a day ago as well with new CV rework, radars etc.

Now lets see where we might expect these 2 consumables to fit in.

>>Secondary reload booster(SRB) for Germans Battleships.

Option1: SRB in the same slot with hydro. This can define if a player wants to be aggressive(with SRB) or careless about torps(with hydro)

Option2: SRB in same slot with fighter. More weak against new CVs or aggressive playstyle.

Option3: SRB in new slot :Smile_trollface:

>>Anti Targeting System (Anti Instant death consumable) for DDs

This will come handy as it will increase dispersion of all ships targeting that poor DD, So a DD will have some hope for not getting murdered when trying to cap or spotting for the team ahead. Wish this will encourage DDs to cap again and spot rather than refusing to cap and spot in battles(Random battles mostly). 

Some of you might think well radar nerf is about to come, why I'm talking about (Anti Instant death consumable) for DDs. Even with a dealy that DD will get spotted regardless and I don't think a light cruisers doesn't really need any help to kill a DD with yet standing radar time which WG is not changing remember.

Wish WG will find a way to slot this consumable for DDs. 

Have a good day captains.:cat_cool:

1,849 posts
6,024 battles
4 minutes ago, MD047 said:

>>Secondary reload booster(SRB) for Germans Battleships.

You came up with this idea when you were reading my thread, didn't you?

Nah, anti-targeting is basically stealth tech for modern jet fighters and Zumwalt DD. Too ahistorical.

/s

[MD]
93 posts
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

You came up with this idea when you were reading my thread, didn't you?

Nah, anti-targeting is basically stealth tech for modern jet fighters and Zumwalt DD. Too ahistorical.

/s

Inspiration was from Halloween events if you remember those. They tested a fair amount of new consumables. Some of them was good just for special events(sandbox) and some was good so they added them(Only main gun reload booster so far) in realtime. 

Yes Anti targeting is modern tech, doesn't go with ww2 era ships, but lot of consumables doesn't fit for that time as well, so there's that.

I hope they can twist this consumable to be useful for DDs. 

[POI]
859 posts
8,708 battles

I never tried Halloween events so I'm not aware of their new.consumables.

These two sound interesting to me.

[MD]
93 posts
10 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

I never tried Halloween events so I'm not aware of their new.consumables.

These two sound interesting to me.

You missed a whole action+fun as well. Well good luck on trying future halloween mode. 

• Cool 1

1,849 posts
6,024 battles
3 minutes ago, MD047 said:

You missed a whole action+fun as well. Well good luck on trying future halloween mode. 

I do NOT miss the consumable that cranks NC's sigma up to 10.0.

And the shoot-to-heal one that was exploited for free xp.

3 minutes ago, SecretIdentity said:

No more gimmicks please. 🙂

Nah, it's WG. Rest assured if another RN line is another line of gimmicky ships.

[1NATN]
557 posts
18,364 battles

I don't mind the first one but I sure as hell wouldn't trade that ability for hydro.

The second one just reminded me of the Falcon from EVE Online. Insta-primaried because it's a coward play. DDs have had a series of incremental buffs of late, I think they're in a decent place once the radar nerf lands.

[POI]
859 posts
8,708 battles
15 minutes ago, MD047 said:

Will try and have a look next time 🙂 Problem is I don't have much time for gaming. Need to prioritize something. I think I was grinding for GK legendary mod (you see why I'm interested here! 😛 ) followed by Yamato Legendary mod. Yeah I know those can wait, but I just kinda obsessed in getting the best (at least I think it is) of my favourite ships ASAP. Ah well, I don't regret it 🙂

• Cool 1

[MD]
93 posts
36 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I do NOT miss the consumable that cranks NC's sigma up to 10.0.

And the shoot-to-heal one that was exploited for free xp.

To be honest that consumable was OP in every aspect. I had so much fun using that deleting skill.

But never got to try the free xp farming on steel rat though. Seen posts people accumulate 100k+ free xp.

665 posts
5,322 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Nah, it's WG. Rest assured if another RN line is another line of gimmicky ships.

RN CV carpet bombing is one of them. I don't know how it will work. Just wait for it.

• Funny 1

1,849 posts
6,024 battles

@MD047 I'd rather suggest a new surface ship type: supply ships.

They can have a bunch of consumables from Twilight battles (AoE heal, shoot-to-heal, consum recharge) and it's all justified. No one is allowed to complain about gimmicks.

[MD]
93 posts
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

@MD047 I'd rather suggest a new surface ship type: supply ships.

They can have a bunch of consumables from Twilight battles (AoE heal, shoot-to-heal, consum recharge) and it's all justified. No one is allowed to complain about gimmicks.

Well then you'll see people team killing those ships if they don't give players what they ask for. and the enemy team has a good captain. You get the rofl picture :etc_swear:

1,849 posts
6,024 battles
5 minutes ago, MD047 said:

Well then you'll see people team killing those ships if they don't give players what they ask for. and the enemy team has a good captain. You get the rofl picture :etc_swear:

Reminds me of current CV situation lmfao.

Some players can be dumb.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
475 posts
1,538 battles
9 hours ago, MD047 said:

Anti Targeting System (Anti Instant death consumable)

I guess this is part of the Urashima(Catgero) consumables. Waaaaas having fun with this consumable in SRID but i am afraid of too much gimmick reliant will affect the gameplay. And there is no such thing in past, so it will ruin the Historical Accuracy. 

Edited by waichung1823

[CLAY]
1,176 posts
8,066 battles

DDs already have an anti targeting system. It’s called smoke, it blankets a small area around the ship and prevents other ships from being able to target them. It also does the same thing for other ships in the area. The problem is that radar, hydro and proximity detection nullify it.

Secondary booster could be interesting, but I feel secondaries are far to situational in general to warrant. They are not main Armaments Like main guns or torps. And they are not as essential to self defence as DFAA.

• Cool 1

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,434 posts
11,558 battles

SRB on German

*Jojo intensifies*

Edited by Onlinegamer
  • Funny 1

[MD]
93 posts
4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

DDs already have an anti targeting system. It’s called smoke, it blankets a small area around the ship and prevents other ships from being able to target them. It also does the same thing for other ships in the area. The problem is that radar, hydro and proximity detection nullify it.

Secondary booster could be interesting, but I feel secondaries are far to situational in general to warrant. They are not main Armaments Like main guns or torps. And they are not as essential to self defence as DFAA.

Well Smoke is not much of a defense in current meta, Radar everywhere. Long range hydro is another threat.And blind drop in smoke is common for CVs, wait until new CV's hit live server, you will see smoke drops more than often. 

You can get torped in smoke, but not if you have hydro. And forget about torping Light cruisers who have hydro or radar or both. 

Proposed Anti Targeting System is just to nerf the dispersion of the ship who is targeting and shooting at the DD.

Let me put it this way. Think a Stalingrand shell dispersion it will be like kronsdat dispersion or simillar while the consumable is active. Consumable time will be like 10sec or so , it will give that DD fair time to run away or maneuver, also remember its not like the enemy ships can't target/ shoot that DD. They will shoot and land shells but with less accuracy. 

13 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

I guess this is part of the Urashima(Catgero) consumables. Waaaaas having fun with this consumable in SRID but i am afraid of too much gimmick reliant will affect the gameplay. And there is no such thing in past, so it will ruin the Historical Accuracy. 

Mate Please let me know which consumable is historically accurate rather than Damage control party from 2nd WW era. None

For example Have you ever imagined Main battery reload before. Now French have it. Soon you will see simillar consumables in other nations as well.

While we play those ships and new branches are coming soon, you will see more gimmicks added, its a normal thing to expect from game developers.

[CLAY]
1,176 posts
8,066 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

First one is debatable.

Second one is FLAT OUT NO.

We do not need anti-consumable consumables.

Yeah, its like, radar counters smoke, anti-target counters radar.

What sounds more reasonable, introducing another consumable to counter radar, or nerfing radar so smoke can do it's job?

[MD]
93 posts
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, its like, radar counters smoke, anti-target counters radar.

What sounds more reasonable, introducing another consumable to counter radar, or nerfing radar so smoke can do it's job?

I don't think a radar CL needs assistance to kill a DD, All the help does is make the process faster. Anyway, waiting for CV rework and radar change. 

665 posts
5,322 battles
22 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I'd rather suggest a new surface ship type: supply ships.

Nah, how about giving BB a heal aura when they activate the repair party?

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
475 posts
1,538 battles
6 hours ago, MD047 said:

Please let me know which consumable is historically accurate rather than Damage control party from 2nd WW era. None

Well what i mean is we already have so much gimmicky Consumable, and we don't need another one, anti targeting is like anti radar, why don't just change/nerf  the radar. But SRB is great for German, i Support that. 1 sec reload on Secondary gonna rekt DD nearby, so much fun

Edited by waichung1823
  • Cool 1

[MD]
93 posts
On 1/24/2019 at 5:13 PM, waichung1823 said:

Well what i mean is we already have so much gimmicky Consumable, and we don't need another one, anti targeting is like anti radar, why don't just change/nerf  the radar. But SRB is great for German, i Support that. 1 sec reload on Secondary gonna rekt DD nearby, so much fun

Yes we have so much gimmicks, And I'm also concerned as well about what is gonna be the new mix for future branchs and nations, I wounder

Sign in to follow this