Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RalphTheTheatreCat

World of Warships Premium Carriers in the 8.0 Rework - Keep or Sell?

14 comments in this topic

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

Video from NoZoupForYou.

Obviously subjective and doesn't not affect a large number of players, but still interesting

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
5,174 posts
30,391 battles

CV rework some how OK

but . . :fish_glass:

butt . . . :Smile_trollface:

I want Soviet Battleships :cap_win:

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[MRI]
1,863 posts
10,798 battles

For those interested in a more in-depth look, Farazelleth has a video on the Kaga. 

Interesting thing to note is as of the time of the video, the Kaga's divebombers are HE - the rest of the IJN CVs only use AP.

Also it seems to have the RTS Kaga's gimmick of huge reserves of weaker planes.

[TLS]
Beta Tester
867 posts
3,944 battles

In my opinion , I am going to sell Saipan because of no longer in use for me and/or I seen Zoup using a saipan because of low volume of planes where you only allowed to drop down a x2 AD-2 Skyraider due to in favor of Kaga because of high volume of attack strike planes.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

I've got no premium CVs and have never liked or enjoyed the CV's.  Ive got a Ranger and intend to keep the line only as an experiment.  I'll lose the Bogue and Ranger and hopeful get enough FXP to get the Lex.    I cant event be bothered with the IJN line as CV play at the present is as interesting as watching grass grow and the new play style is even more boring but more labour intensive.

[MRI]
1,863 posts
10,798 battles

And here is Fara's video on the Enterprise.

The Big E in the rework still retains its AP dive bombers, so it will be only USN CV with AP bombs since the rest are HE only.

Apart from the AP bombs it is unclear what this new Enterprise's gimmick is though. I think it has a faster plane replenishment rate? Compared to the Lexington at least. Not sure though. Zoup said the planes have more boost but it is hard to tell. Fara will need to do more testing.

[MRI]
1,863 posts
10,798 battles

And here's the Saipan:

Saipan retains its gimmick as the RTS version - it has higher tier planes but relatively few in number. The planes are basically the Midway's planes, but you have a tiny hangar and a horrible plane replenish rate. I believe it is about 2x as long as the Midway's. Saipan is going to pretty OP against top tier (just watch Notser's video) but will probably be weak when bottom tiered - just like the RTS version so no change there lol.

However the Saipan seems to be weak against fighters since the fighters will always shoot down as many planes as there are fighters. Also Saipan seems to have very bad AA for a Tier 8, so CV snipes will be a very big threat. I think Kagas will be especially dangerous since they have lot of planes to throw at the Saipan while Saipan's AA is just not good enough to take down planes. When going up against Saipans, the best bet would to be proactive in protecting your team with summoned fighters while trying to sink the Saipan itself.

Important to note is Saipan only has the Tiny Tim rockets for now, so if you don't like using the Tiny Tims you will not like using the rocket planes. But the torpedoes and HE bombs hit hard, as to be expected of Tier 10 planes.

[MRI]
1,863 posts
10,798 battles

And here is the Graf Zeppelin to round things up:

Like Zoup said, the Graf Zeppelins's planes are extremely fast.

Apart from that the Graf Zep will still have AP dive bombers and it will also retain the circular drop pattern, so approach vector doesn't matter for the dive bombers. Also they function a little differently. Instead of climbing up and then diving down like other CVs, the Graf Zep's divebombers will swoop down at an angle.

Torpedoes bombers have a unique drop pattern - 3 torpedoes per drop with the middle torpedo being slightly behind the other two.

The bad news is that it will no longer have Stukas - they have been replaced with the Ta 152 C. Also the ship not get hydro anymore. Still has those awesome secondaries though. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
5,174 posts
30,391 battles
43 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

And here is the Graf Zeppelin to round things up:

Like Zoup said, the Graf Zeppelins's planes are extremely fast.

Apart from that the Graf Zep will still have AP dive bombers and it will also retain the circular drop pattern, so approach vector doesn't matter for the dive bombers. Also they function a little differently. Instead of climbing up and then diving down like other CVs, the Graf Zep's divebombers will swoop down at an angle.

Torpedoes bombers have a unique drop pattern - 3 torpedoes per drop with the middle torpedo being slightly behind the other two.

The bad news is that it will no longer have Stukas - they have been replaced with the Ta 152 C. Also the ship not get hydro anymore. Still has those awesome secondaries though. :cap_rambo:

Dream - A branch of CV for KM :Smile_trollface:

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,714 battles
22 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

I can see that happening, there is a metdata that another premium cv for the KMS. possibly Europa.

I can forsee thst we might get a proper German CV line as well for the Soviet CVs.

[LANCR]
35 posts
5,303 battles

Well the Graf Zeppelin could come out as a Russian premium CV as she was part of the war salvage the Russians received.

So German CV with Russian aircraft.

• Funny 1

1,877 posts
6,031 battles
1 hour ago, MatterCore said:

Leak (???) back from 2015:

Spoiler

kriegsmarine.thumb.png.14eea67546db1a9bc36668a7894e3ce8.png

I really want this boat to be in the game:

Spoiler

Flugdeckkreuzer.thumb.gif.df14f618eba072cd93cf514f717b3b55.gif

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

381 posts
4,551 battles

Funny thing is that despite not having the Stuka any more, they are still called as such in the aircraft name to the left of the health bar:Smile_teethhappy:

(Source of pic: Facebook, WOWS Global Fanbase group)

FB_IMG_1548488198896.jpg?width=395&heigh

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
824 posts
8,106 battles

Kaga looks quite strong but bland, Saipan looks weak and a bit painful to play, Enterprise looks strong but very similar to the tech tree ships, and GZ looks really interesting and fun to play.

Sign in to follow this