Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bengal_Tiger23

Is this ship any good?

18 comments in this topic

318 posts
2,336 battles
5 minutes ago, scottme said:

Ah.... yeh..... kinda handy :)))

I gather it just dropped into your lap? :Smile_medal:

Yep. Just appeared out of nowhere. lol

1,697 posts

As long as you can stop yourself getting angry about the rudder, & the (really) short range torps,  its pretty good....AA is a bit disappointing,  as its name suggests, it's usually good at setting fires.

It's one of those ships that you have to learn its character....

Performs best with a high point captain.

Ordrazz

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wait - edit of my response

- @Bengal_Tiger23 are you saying you got Molotov or Kutuzov ??  As I thought by glancing at the pic (I'm on my phone see?)  It looked like Molotov to me, & my response is for Molotov, not Kutuzov...

If its Kutuzov you got, then what I said isn't right, totally different....

Ordrazz

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edited by Ordrazz

318 posts
2,336 battles

Words fail me. My First Shake down cruise in Co-0p:-

812911204_WorldofWarships22_01_20198_05_29PM.thumb.png.2402ef5f738ede6f1e0a710ad4f4f2aa.png

892176776_WorldofWarships22_01_20198_05_59PM.thumb.png.a32a90f91e1eee3ae5cbd3d28b2651dd.png

I didn't even do that with the "Mighty Mo" in her first shake down. 

Hmmm. She's only slightly Op. :cap_wander: :cap_fainting:

Lol.

Alex

212 posts
4,356 battles

I loathe you.

I just wanted you to know.

I have been wanting to get that in a crate since the week we lost access to buy it in the shop. (I could afford one ship, I got the Belfast)......

318 posts
2,336 battles
19 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

I loathe you.

I just wanted you to know.

I have been wanting to get that in a crate since the week we lost access to buy it in the shop. (I could afford one ship, I got the Belfast)......

Lol

Don't worry mate. I was hoping for the Belfast. Mainly for training my RN Cruiser commanders.

Fair sea's mate

Alex 

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[TF44]
72 posts
9,992 battles

Capt B Tiger

RE: Battle Group Addition

SEC: Unclassified

A.     Congratulations on the Kutuzov being assigned to your battle group.

B.     This vessel will provide your battle group with significant capabilities

C.     From previous Operational reports, please ensure your Captain's are aware of the dangers of over-extension and of the fragility of the vessel when exposed to direct fire.

Capt A. Taipan

CO TF44

318 posts
2,336 battles
17 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Wait - edit of my response

- @Bengal_Tiger23 are you saying you got Molotov or Kutuzov ??  As I thought by glancing at the pic (I'm on my phone see?)  It looked like Molotov to me, & my response is for Molotov, not Kutuzov...

If its Kutuzov you got, then what I said isn't right, totally different....

Ordrazz

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Ordrazz.

Thats ok.

She is indeed the Kutazov. I do have the Molotov and a nice ship she is as well.

Understand where you are coming from with the Molotov. I have only had one chance to give her a shakedown and that was just to clear her "Snowflakes". But I saw a bit just in that brief experience.

Cheer's and thanks.

Alex B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

318 posts
2,336 battles
12 hours ago, Taipan17 said:

Capt B Tiger

RE: Battle Group Addition

SEC: Unclassified

A.     Congratulations on the Kutuzov being assigned to your battle group.

B.     This vessel will provide your battle group with significant capabilities

C.     From previous Operational reports, please ensure your Captain's are aware of the dangers of over-extension and of the fragility of the vessel when exposed to direct fire.

Capt A. Taipan

CO TF44

Capt A. Taipan

CO TF44

SEC. Unclassified

Message acknowledged and understood.

Regarding the above action report.

The results against the Carrier Lexington would have been much better if only the Kutazov's Captain had not "pulled a Notser". Again:Smile_facepalm:

I was going to.. err, "Discuss" this with him, but as it put him in the perfect position to "Dispatch" the Chapayev, I thought it better to just mention it in passing with a raised eyebrow.

Capt. B. Tiger

CO Tiger Force.

Flagship 

HMAS Perth.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

318 posts
2,336 battles

Not Feeling the greatest yesterday morning, (Had a scan the previous day. Reacted bad to the dye they use.) I decided to get some more Santa Gifts. The first lot gave me this:-

567549794_WorldofWarships25_01_201912_00_40PM.thumb.png.c48b40c93a11d07b0b170c890d055208.png

The second lot --- wwwellll:-

1454145534_WorldofWarships25_01_201912_01_21PM.thumb.png.1e09a80f42258717a3408bd80e9334ab.png

390598435_WorldofWarships25_01_201912_04_41PM.thumb.png.dda85ae8b4836909496a8ac0960fd4f2.png

It seems the madness continues. I never intended to get that second lot of crates. But some where along the way I pushed the purchase button Twice. :Smile_facepalm: My only excuse is that I was so out to it........

I am now broke! Gee, it would be nice to eat. 

Morale of the story is. If you want these ships.... Have a Scan and Get sick. Lol

Alex B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[TF44]
72 posts
9,992 battles

Congratulations Captain Tiger!

Two more excellent ships have been added to your Battle Group.

I hope you are recovering as best as is possible.

I am sure you will enjoy playing your new & powerful ships in battles.

Cheers

318 posts
2,336 battles
27 minutes ago, Taipan17 said:

Congratulations Captain Tiger!

Two more excellent ships have been added to your Battle Group.

I hope you are recovering as best as is possible.

I am sure you will enjoy playing your new & powerful ships in battles.

Cheers

Thanks Taipan.

It may seem a little strange, but of all the ships that came my way in the Santa crates, the Belfast is the one that I am happiest about. She was a joy to drive during her shake down. And being able to use her guns in the normal fashion of AP and HE ... well, it just plainly and simply felt comfortable. Being able to put any of my RN light cruiser Co's in her and just train away is great.

Just how "Op" she is I shall see as time go's by. Another strange thing though is, I just don't care about that. "Curiousser and Curiousser".

Cheer's 

Alex B_T23

[TF44]
72 posts
9,992 battles

Well Captain Tiger, I must agree with you on not being fussed about ships having a reputation of being OP or Meh.

I must say I am slightly envious of your Belfast and Kutuzov.

One or two of my premiums have a reputation of being OP yet I find them to be Gudbotes with the usual trade-offs in other capabilities.

One or two of said premiums have been panned as Bad or Mehbotes. I would agree that these ships have some distinctly mediocre capabilities however as a whole package, are quite enjoyable to play.

I do have five premium ships which can only be classified as "Trophy" ships. Low tier ships with historical or quirky significance.

Out of 22 Premium ships, I rate only 3 as Mehbotes. This rating has as much to do with my play style as it is to do with the ships themselves.

As the great majority of premium ships in my port have been gained through grinds or dropped in containers, I do not think I have any basis for being overly critical of any of them.

The premium ships I have purchased have been researched so I was well aware of what I was getting when I committed to the acquisition.

Cheers

174 posts
4,919 battles

That's awesome Alex. Maybe the fact that there are not many people buying Santa crates now means the ship drop rates increase?

I'm sure you drove the Belfast much better than I did when I first got it. :Smile_child:

Hope you're feeling much better and see you in the div again soon. :cat_cool:

318 posts
2,336 battles
2 hours ago, scottme said:

I'm sure you drove the Belfast much better than I did when I first got it. 

Thanks mate. lol. If i'm half as good as you. I reckon I'll be happy.

Sign in to follow this