Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BossCocky_1

Quick road to the top

2 comments in this topic

10 posts
6,809 battles

I was in a Tier X random sat evening with a [not unusual] evaporating team lost with the grand total of 25 points.

I was intrigued by the inability to shoot and the ability to broadside of my team so I trolled through the stats of my team after the game.

Five of them had around the 2000 games or less and one in a Seattle had got to this tier in 376 games, all in USN cruisers. 

I take my hat off to the achievement, far better than anything I could do, but it really showed in the gameplay.

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles
16 minutes ago, BossCocky_1 said:

I was in a Tier X random sat evening with a [not unusual] evaporating team lost with the grand total of 25 points.

I was intrigued by the inability to shoot and the ability to broadside of my team so I trolled through the stats of my team after the game.

Five of them had around the 2000 games or less and one in a Seattle had got to this tier in 376 games, all in USN cruisers. 

I take my hat off to the achievement, far better than anything I could do, but it really showed in the gameplay.

Its possible, given the relatively recent USN light cruiser split, that the guy got to T6 Cleveland, split happened, automatically got the T8 Cleveland, and then grinded (or FXP) to Seattle.

That's probably the most noticeable "tier jump" at the moment.

Over the past few years, as part of the Christmas & New Years events, WG have rewarded T6 tech tree ships. I know I have a couple of T6's that I have never played the preceding ships in the line. And while lacking experience in the line itself is not that great (players who FXP their way through the Pan-Asia line and not realise they can't torpedo DD's, I'm looking at you), its not as bad as automatically getting an tier jump, as you usually cannot participate effectively in those events unless you already have at T5 or 6 in other lines.

Similar with the Bismarck Campaign back in 2017. Even though I, to this date, have not got past T3 in the German BB line, I still have Bismarck from the campaign sitting in port (I've never got around to grinding up to FDG either), but I'm not inexperienced in high tier BB play, as even at the time, I had Amagi.

And for me with Cleveland, I had the compulsion last month, even though I had Cleveland upgraded from my T6 version, to go back and try the 2 preceding ships anyway, but I may be a bit of a completionist.

Anyway, the moral of this is, even if you, though the will of WG, get a new ship in the middle of a line you have not previously been playing, its fine to play to get a taste, but if you like it, you may want to go back and experience the preceding ships, to get a better idea of how to play the line.

Sign in to follow this