JollySam

Ships - What to sell? What to keep?

19 comments in this topic

[MONMU]
18 posts
1,302 battles

Hello everyone,

I've been playing World of Warships for about a week now, and I'm having lots of fun. However, I've hit my ship limit and I need more credits to buy my next ship. I want to concentrate on the Royal Navy battleship line, but I've gotten some Royal Navy cruisers and destroyers as well, for variety. 

I'm thinking of selling some of my earlier ships to free up some space, but I notice that certain challenges/missions/etc require lower-level ships in order to take part in them. My question is; what levels of ships can I safely sell, and not worry that I'm missing out on future challenges/missions?

Or is it worth just keeping everything? I'd be sorry to see them go...

Thanks,

JollySam

[TLS]
43 posts
19,741 battles

welcome to wows sea server (smiles)

usually keep mid tier like 6/7 for weekly operations

5 is where you can practice your ships more (well mix of new and old player, but pretty depending MM of that time)

lower then that only the premium ships worth to keep, but this just my 2 cent because been collecting them all since start playing

Edited by Kudrjavka_Nomi
welcoming
  • Cool 1

[O7]
2,455 posts
15,788 battles

I think it's worth keeping as many as you can, but not at 300 db per port slot. Unfortunately you just missed out on 75 db port slots but them's the breaks. I'd wait until next half price sale for 150 db and buy a few slots then. Although if you check the shop you may have a special discount which allows you to buy a few slots at half price now.

[TROLL]
330 posts

Sell everything that's too expensive to maintain, keep premiums and your tech tree favorites from T5-7 for credit grinding. 

[HKN]
2,634 posts
6,943 battles

do you like collecting ship? if you do, try to keep around 3.000 doubloon for port slot when they in discount. sometimes it drop into 75 each, or 125 each... normal price 300 each is too high

[-FUN-]
300 posts
4,021 battles

Rules for ships I maintain:

1. All Tier X I've unlocked

2. All prem ships whether I bought them or got them from free/events.

3. Best/most popular credit ships of each tier (with a trained captain on it. For tier 6-8 I maintain ships which I can use to farm fxp/credits in weekly ops

4. As a special preference: Ships from wkwkland (currently only the Gadjah Mada falls into this category)

Other than those I sell immediately after unlocking ship of next tier

[HKN]
2,634 posts
6,943 battles
14 hours ago, zergling_ said:

Ships from wkwkland

LOL

well, i encourage every player to try get atleast the insignia that i use....

[HMNZ]
255 posts
4,617 battles

just keep buying port slots and you don't have to sell anything :)

• Cool 1

[NFB]
1,160 posts
9,587 battles

Well, I kept most ships from T5 up, and a few of my favorite T1 to T3. A few ships I had sold, I bought again. I also maintain captains with the ships.

Really, nobody can answer that question for you. Depends on your personal preferences and how thick your wallet is.

[RAN_]
13 posts
4,676 battles

I just wait till the empty slots are on sale for 150 db or less and buy up on them. I havent sold any of my ships bar a few Tier 1's. They are all fun to play.

Modder
561 posts

Well, you should keep ship in tier 6 and 8.
Some ship OP like Fletcher, Longjiang, St. Louis,  Bogatyr........... or any ship you feell good to play

1 post
298 battles
On 1/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, zergling_ said:

Rules for ships I maintain:

1. All Tier X I've unlocked

2. All prem ships whether I bought them or got them from free/events.

3. Best/most popular credit ships of each tier (with a trained captain on it. For tier 6-8 I maintain ships which I can use to farm fxp/credits in weekly ops

4. As a special preference: Ships from wkwkland (currently only the Gadjah Mada falls into this category)

Other than those I sell immediately after unlocking ship of next tier

WKWKLAND == LOL are you indonesian?

[TLS]
1,361 posts
16,909 battles
On 3/10/2019 at 2:46 PM, LawrenceXVIII said:

I rather sell Tier 9 .

And miss out on the free steel that may come again? I rather sell t8 because i) too many premiums in the tier and ii) T8 always inevitably uptier to T10 matches.

That said, I only keep ships that are worth playing and skip the pointless t9 ones.

[PAMAN]
160 posts
5,851 battles

As for me, beside premium ships that I bought with my wallet, I keep almost all of tier 6 to 8 tech tree ships (except CVs, and few ships that I dislike) because their purpose as exp and credits earner on scenario missions. For tier 1 to 5 ships, I just keep some ships that I play often because they are fit into my playstyle. I also keep all wallet-money-free premium ships that I got from the game (missions, containers, etc).

And yes, ship from wkwkland too, so far it's just the Gadjah Mada. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Sharr_Dextera

[MONMU]
18 posts
1,302 battles

Thanks a lot for the advice, everyone.

In the end, I decided to keep everything from level 6 and upwards, along with my premium Charleston. I reached the end of the UK battleship line, and I have plenty of free spots for the cruisers and destroyers now.

Out of interest, where did that Charleston come from? I've been playing since January, and I can't remember where I got it. Was it a reward for reaching a certain tier?

[TF44]
120 posts
11,850 battles

The Charleston is a St Louis class protected cruiser.

It is currently supplied as a gift for new players.

It has few differences from the Tech Tree ship St Louis. The main difference being the Charleston has 8.5 second rudder shift whereas the St Louis (Hull B) has a rudder shift of 6.4 seconds.

• Cool 1

[MONMU]
18 posts
1,302 battles
2 hours ago, Taipan17 said:

The Charleston is a St Louis class protected cruiser.

It is currently supplied as a gift for new players.

It has few differences from the Tech Tree ship St Louis. The main difference being the Charleston has 8.5 second rudder shift whereas the St Louis (Hull B) has a rudder shift of 6.4 seconds.

Thanks, I thought that was it.

It's strange firing fixed-gun broadsides in an age of rotating turrets, but strangely entertaining.