Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

Sweden Cruiser Tre Kronor Class and Gotland

5 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
77 posts
5,274 battles

Hi Waregameing Dev Team,

Would like to suggest to add Swedish Cruiser Gotland (with 6 guns, 4 turrets) at T5 or T6 and Tre Kronor and/or Gota Lejon at T6 or T7.

Like Polish Destroyer Blyskawica, they may be premeiums and may or may not have unique playstyle.

And fly the Swedish flag.

Side Note: Gota Lejon was sold to Chile as Almirante Latorre, possible for future Pan-American cruiser premium.

sw_cr_19.gif

I noticed that these cruisers may resemble German T5 Konigsberg or T6 Nurnberg style. Maybe the game play may not be far from that but should be different enough to be unique.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,055 posts
6,620 battles

Forget them, been asking for years too have Swedish coastal defence battleships since 2012 (all 3 of them) :Smile_child:

1332916094_HMS_Sverige_after_19311.thumb.jpg.0f1b7b2b65bed39aeaacf8588e1e5dec.jpg

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
77 posts
5,274 battles

@BigWaveSurfer

I absolutely love the idea of coast defense battleships a.k.a Loli-BBs "The Sverige Class" is really a beautiful ship to add to the collection. However, playing her on the current tech tree poses some problem,
Tier 1 = "I crush "
Tier 2 = Comfortable tier for her type as a BB. Cruisers only tickle Coast defense BB and DD pose your usual threat. CA kill DD, DD kill BB, BB kill CA game play. And thank god that there are no CV in this tier
Tier 3 = This is were the problem rises, CA can harass you, DD is your usual threat, now also the T3 BB is a major threat. 2 to 4 guns against 8 to 12 guns ain't fair. T3 DD and BB becomes a threat that it destroys the "rock, paper, scissors play"

Hence why i can understand why wargameing is not keen on putting them in the tech tree.

However,

If we put them on a separate tech tree, not game mode, where coast defense battleships and pre-dreadnoughts (BB), Armored Cruiser (CA), Frigates and Corvettes (DD), has a separate tech tree where these 3 classes of ships can battle equally. And the added benefits to this game mode, no CV, no SS (they aren't developed during those era). Pure gunnery and torpedo action.

T1 of course will comprise of a gunboat as a cruiser, T2 and T3 will be your coast defense battleships, some 2nd class armored cruisers, and corvettes or frigates, then at T4 and T5, this is where pre-dreadnoughts, armored cruisers of WW1 and frigates and destroyers of WW1 be. (For now lets limit it to T5 but can go up to T8 or a full T10 tech tree if enough research is made.) This way, these ships can enjoy their battles on an era where only 3 types of them can battle it out without CV and SS interference. Only Surface warships.

Plus I'd love to see French armored cruisers with 6 funnels (Ernest Renan, Waldeck Rousseau, or Jeanne D'Arc) and uses NOS (speed boost). That would be fun and funny to see. XD

What do you think? A separate tech tree for these ships and to complete the collection. Plus they will be comfortable battling classes not far from their ancestors, and no extra programming for CV and SS.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,055 posts
6,620 battles

I was thinking T5 with her 17 second reload (historical) and cruiser 2.0 sigma (work fine for Graf Spee at T6), make her 6in secondaries have a useful range 5km base and there you have it. her AA was modernized.

Wouldn't want to see her wasted in the low tier almost never played zone.

[-CAT-]
77 posts
5,274 battles

@BigWaveSurfer

Tier 4 sounds safe for her, if she is in Tier 5, she will face Tier 7 spammers. She only has 8 inch armor max. Maybe tier 4 is comfortable for her.

But then again, mentioning Graf Spee (the odd ball cruiser), at Tier 6, I can imagine she has to face Tier 8 light cruiser spammer, heavy cruiser smasher, and battleships with 15 and 16 inch guns armed HE that can squish her like a bug. AP usually overpens with her 5 inch armor.

Plus all combat missions and directives are on Tier 5. Ultimately, it will depend if the devs will put her on Tier 5, where combat missions and directives are available in expense for getting spammed. Or Tier 4, where she can play comfortably but unable to get the sweet sweet rewards of tier 5 combat missions and directives.

Either way, the devs will have to decide if the will include her or not. I welcome your comments and requests for the Sverige class. Plus the Graff Spee is a good point .🙂

But the cruiser looks more appealing over the cost defense battleship, but you never know. Give em time. They may have it already in the plans or they already have the ship model, but they may be still thinking on what gimmik they should put on Swedish ships, or something else to make sure that you dont just get a ship, but get a ship that you will enjoy to use and play. 🙂 

Sign in to follow this