You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

[2019]Best Tier V Ship Classes  

43 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. [2019][1stQtr]Best Tier V DD

2. 2. [2019][1stQtr]Best Tier V BB

3. 3. [2019][1stQtr]Best Tier V Cruiser

4. 4. [2019][1stQtr]Best Tier V CV

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/25/2019 at 06:00 AM

17 comments in this topic

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
12 posts
2,137 battles

Hoping to get advice on which tier V ship classes is "good"/downright human rights violation for your enemy as I am hoping to get a good set of tier Vs for each nation.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,240 posts
12,396 battles

Even if many people think a certain ship is good or OP or whatever, YMMV and it may not work for you.

Try them out for yourself.

• Cool 1

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
12 posts
2,137 battles
7 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Even if many people think a certain ship is good or OP or whatever, YMMV and it may not work for you.

Try them out for yourself.

Thanks for the reply I tried looking in the internets for a bit but the lists dated as far back as 16-17 and seems outdated after many buffs/nerfs... you seem like a well experienced player I'm just looking for good ships to play especially in the french/russian/UK line specifically as those I do not have any yet and I want to catch up with the mighty prinz mission and just am just looking for "good" ships I know what I am asking for is unreasonable but the pros/cons on the warship wiki is not cutting it for me

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,240 posts
12,396 battles
1 minute ago, KaiserPhantasma said:

Thanks for the reply I tried looking in the internets for a bit but the lists dated as far back as 16-17 and seems outdated after many buffs/nerfs... you seem like a well experienced player I'm just looking for good ships to play especially in the french/russian/UK line specifically as those I do not have any yet and I want to catch up with the mighty prinz mission and just am just looking for "good" ships I know what I am asking for is unreasonable but the pros/cons on the warship wiki is not cutting it for me

I haven't done French. Russian are glass cannon. UK have AP only.

They can all be "good ships".

You should maybe play US or IJN first.

They were first in game and are more all rounders.

If you don't know what you are doing in French/Russian/UK you will get delete fast.

But others may recommend differently.

Try them and see.

[HMASW]
1,849 posts

I recommend these ships, for great fun at T5, these are my favorite;

Marblehead

Konig

Konigsberg

Krazny Krym

Okhotnik

--------------------

:cap_rambo:

Ordrazz

28 posts
7,127 battles

203mm Furutaka ,  Powerful torp minekaze , fast Kongo

[SMOKE]
651 posts
10,034 battles

Kongo is always a ...... " Burning Loooooooooooooove!! "

Edited by Mechfori
spelling mistakes

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
12 posts
2,137 battles

Thanks for the replies but how does the UK's destroyer line play? similar to a US DD line (gunboat types) or ?

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
12 posts
2,137 battles
On 1/19/2019 at 11:00 AM, Max_Battle said:

I haven't done French. Russian are glass cannon. UK have AP only.

They can all be "good ships".

You should maybe play US or IJN first.

They were first in game and are more all rounders.

If you don't know what you are doing in French/Russian/UK you will get delete fast.

But others may recommend differently.

Try them and see.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:40 PM, Ordrazz said:

I recommend these ships, for great fun at T5, these are my favorite;

Marblehead

Konig

Konigsberg

Krazny Krym

Okhotnik

--------------------

:cap_rambo:

Ordrazz

On 1/19/2019 at 3:25 PM, MeglaGnome said:

Kami, Gremy, Caesar salad.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, Sakura_Empire_Kawakaze said:

203mm Furutaka ,  Powerful torp minekaze , fast Kongo

16 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Kongo is always a ...... " Burning Loooooooooooooove!! "

thanks for the replies but if possible please don't include prem ships as its fairly out of reach for me 😛

on another note how does the british BB/DD line play?

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
475 posts
1,538 battles
1 hour ago, KaiserPhantasma said:

another note how does the british BB/DD line play?

British BB? You have the most fearsome HE shells... Royal HE gonna burn you regardless any angle.... Conqkek... But it has paper armour, you gonna eat pen shells even you are angle, compensate with submerged citadel (Except Vanguard and Conqkek). 

[PAMAN]
140 posts
5,828 battles

My personal "having fun" ships on tier 5 are Minekaze, Furutaka, Emile Bertin,  Kongo and Cesare. :Smile_hiding:

[P_O_I]
[P_O_I]
64 posts
662 battles

Konig is great against cruisers, and it is my favourite T5 battleship. I just got it today, but I consistently do 50k+ damage.

I got Kongo a long while ago, but she never clicked with me. She was "meh" but that might be because I was not as good of a player.

• Cool 1

[HMASW]
1,849 posts
14 minutes ago, Lee_Hongjin said:

Konig is great against cruisers, and it is my favourite T5 battleship. I just got it today, but I consistently do 50k+ damage.

I got Kongo a long while ago, but she never clicked with me. She was "meh" but that might be because I was not as good of a player.

I love too konig wait  til you put a 19 pt captain in her...

:Smile_izmena:

Ordrazz

[151ST]
1,176 posts
5,691 battles

Wow, what's with the Necro's ATM...? Ok ok, I'll bite...

To be honest T5 is a great tier outside of MM...

There are a few 'OP' premiums but they aren't that OP and it more comes down to the player. At T5 you notice skill disparity more because you have vets like me who actually love lower tiers (call me a clubber if you will but playing solo are Yubari, Kuma or Myogi really clubbing ships?) mixed with lots of more inexperienced players.

The primary 'OP' ships:

- Kamikaze sisters

- Giulio Cesare

- Furutaka

Kamikaze sisters are useless against any even quasi decent T4 CV, and are only obviously OP because 90% of folks who have them are vets. Not to mention they aren't great gunbotes so any of the gunbotes at tier can easily take them out if they're good.

GC is good but it's honestly 50-50 against Kongo, Kongo being more Tanky. Not to mention great ships like Konig and Iron Duke, Even NY is good in deft hands. Again it's more noticeable due to who owns and plays the ship regularly. Any time I start a new BB line my BB stats tend to be better or on par with my GC stats... Anecdotal I know...

Furutaka is just 'OP' due to I can lol-pen other cruisers, and I have nice specs across the board. The only reason we don't notice Furus being OP as much is that a far higher % of newer players are playing them.

I tend to play GC more than Kongo sisters, simply due to creds and training up RM Captains.

I barely play Kamikaze because screw playing a DD at low tiers where how well you do is down to player skill lottery with CVs.

I play Furutaka every once in a while if CLs saturate the queues cause lots of fun.

T5 is fun and pretty well balanced, when you aren't suffering the T8 conundrum (severely uptiered)

Edited by S4pp3R

1,313 posts
5,963 battles

I use to enjoy my kongo both standard and ARPvariant.

until.....2-3 CV plane swarm me and freely farm damage while I have nothing to protect myself or counter them.....

be it high tier or mid tier...

this game 'fun' is steadily dies down... (at least for me)

• Cool 1

73 posts
1,371 battles

I haven't played destroyers beyond the derp torpedo boats of lower tiers yet.

In cruisers, I enjoyed speed-tanking and HE spamming in Emile Bertin though her rate of fire works against her and her armor protection is tricky. Omaha, Murmansk and Kirov are all OK, though in Omaha you must WASD-hack as long as you have contact with the enemy as your bow can tank virtually nothing, while Kirov almost turns like a battleship. Besides I didn't manage to make K-berg to work on me and I think that Furutaka's range is underwhelming, and Emerald...she could be citadeled by 120-mm HE shells at least before 0.8.6.

The battleships of tier 5...Kongo is an Iowa or a perfect battlecruiser Admiral Fisher may have dreamed about of the Tier 4-5 matches. Konig is a tank and can have a reliable Main battery build, a rare case among German battleships, and her main battery can be deadly despite their small calibre. And the brainlessly-effective flamethrower of Iron Duke, as well as the Klein-field protected Stalinium bow of Pytor Velikiy (though her broadside protection is no better than an Omaha). In contrast Bretagne and New York make people feel rather mediocre.