Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grumps_1963

Furataka is the worst ship in the game

86 comments in this topic

[JACK]
75 posts
664 battles

Having a dummy spit. Ptooi.

I don't care how much people whinge about their supposedly crappy PEF they should take this pile of IJN fertilizer out for a few matches.

What a crock. Yes it can shoot further than the detection range, yes it has 10km torpedos. Try staying alive long enough to use the damn things. They are wasted on this dung heap.

However, how many hits to take this pile of manure out of the game? Generally a single salvo.

12.5 km detection range get closer than 12.3 km all gone. Game over. A damn sail boat with a slingshot can delete this heap in less than a minute.

This garbage shouldn't be T5 it should be T1 and if an entry level player sticks around after that then they will stick around forever.

Dummy spit over. If you haven't guessed by now I've just had a series of absolute sh***tful games with this steaming pile of fecal matter.

This ship has shown me why the IJN lost the battle for the seas and I am now going to give up on them and try other nations. They all have to be better than this no matter how much the rest of you complain about them!!!!!

2,930 posts
6,701 battles
1 minute ago, Grumps_1963 said:

This ship has shown me why the IJN lost the battle for the seas

Japan and Germany lost WW2 because of resources. Look how tiny they are/were compare to the US. When the US joined the fun, it was basically the end for the Axis power. The USN/RN didn't win because they designed more powerful ships.

Also, Battle of Tsushima wants to have a word with you.

[ATLAS]
15 posts
14,401 battles

Take a deep breath, play other line, accumulate experience. Clearly t5 is already too much for you 😥

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[LBAS]
1,387 posts

no she's not.

she 'use to' be the wrost tier ship due to weird pyramid gun layout and sudden transition from CL to CA

to day however... after various buff and design upgrade, she is arguably one of the strongest tier 5 cruiser in game.

.....as long as MM didn't put her against tier 7......

Edited by PGM991
  • Cool 2

[RURI]
12 posts
2,179 battles

Generally, not showing broadside allows you to not get killed in a single salvo in Furutaka. (like most other low tier cruisers). You should try actively dodging in Furutaka. She has a rudder shift of 5.7s, which is really good for a tier V cruiser (when you look at it, all other tier V cruisers are light cruisers, and they have worse rudder shift than her.)

The only time you'd absolutely die in Furutaka is when you get permaspotted by a DD without any targets in range. Furutaka is powerful for her tier, the shift from Kuma to her is just pretty sudden, and the slow reload makes you frustrated when you don't have decent aim.

For reference, I main the IJN line, all classes at least tier 7.

[MRI]
2,227 posts
11,881 battles

Lol.

If you think the Furutaka is bad, I can't wait to see what you think of the Pensacola.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,501 posts
12,273 battles
1 hour ago, Lowyat said:

[-ISO-]
772 posts
5,628 battles

1 hour ago, Grumps_1963 said:

This garbage shouldn't be T5 it should be T1

LOLWUTT???

1 hour ago, Grumps_1963 said:

and I am now going to give up on them and try other nations

Okay fine. Try it. Other nations are the same.

Let me tell you something. When you are collecting a ship, the hardest thing is not to sell them. Primarily when you didn't like that ship. There are tons of tutorials on how to play the Furutaka. But that doesn't mean you can instantly master it after watching videos. Practice makes perfect.

1,322 posts
11,850 battles

why hate on furutaka... I mean OP is having trouble with all of the other ship as well.. Don't get me wrong here but OP needs to understand the game before anything else like for example angling, positioning, use of AP and HE, Gun Caliber, WASD hax. OP is new to the game.

Before trying any line I'd advice you to understand the game then go ahead because advising on trying another line would result in same kind of frustration.. Try making friends in game or here on the forum or join a clan ask help and Improve..

I didn't mean it as to undermine him or anything but looking at his progress through game it feels like he needs help that's all...

• Cool 2

2,930 posts
6,701 battles
5 minutes ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

OP is new to the game.

That's the issue. OP should play more ships and more matches before making more claims. His highest tier is 6, which is barely high enough to experience the (much) worse part of the game.

Edited by Paladinum

[FISH]
Super Tester
42 posts
4,258 battles

> Complaining a ship in T5 that can overmatch other cruiser 

• Cool 2

[UWU]
533 posts
5,011 battles
5 hours ago, Grumps_1963 said:

Having a dummy spit. Ptooi.

I don't care how much people whinge about their supposedly crappy PEF they should take this pile of IJN fertilizer out for a few matches.

What a crock. Yes it can shoot further than the detection range, yes it has 10km torpedos. Try staying alive long enough to use the damn things. They are wasted on this dung heap.

However, how many hits to take this pile of manure out of the game? Generally a single salvo.

12.5 km detection range get closer than 12.3 km all gone. Game over. A damn sail boat with a slingshot can delete this heap in less than a minute.

This garbage shouldn't be T5 it should be T1 and if an entry level player sticks around after that then they will stick around forever.

Dummy spit over. If you haven't guessed by now I've just had a series of absolute sh***tful games with this steaming pile of fecal matter.

This ship has shown me why the IJN lost the battle for the seas and I am now going to give up on them and try other nations. They all have to be better than this no matter how much the rest of you complain about them!!!!!

Clearly you haven't experienced this game much yet,

alot of people have trouble transiting from Light cruiser to heavy cruiser as
you start to abandon your torpedo and make use of your main guns more,

there is nothing to talk about detection in lower tiers hell i don't even bother about it until tier 8 or so unless im playing a DD

a furutaka has 203mm guns it basically can shread almost every equal tier or below cruiser and grant you citadel hits,

if you are so full of Sheet you should learn to play more and do some research instead of whining about how poorly you been playing and think back what you did wrong and how you could have work and make things well

That last line is pretty rude, makes me question why you even started the IJN line anyways

[LBAS]
3,604 posts
8,235 battles

Do not immediate consider that Furataka is worst cruiser either I misjuded Takao/Atago ability because rate of fire and survivability

[BZ]
206 posts
9,689 battles

Try this simple training drill:

- Play 10 games with it in a row

- Your goal is to never show broadside to a BB and take 0 citadels. Thats it.

- Try spamming HE from long range.

Once you mastered the art of not getting deleted, work on using island cover to sneak a bit closer and use AP on their broadsides anf torps.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
1,502 posts
9,320 battles

As Jingles says, all T5 cruisers are made of citadels, match heads, and petrol. Except the Furataka.

Its tough compared to them, and has the biggest cruiser guns at T5. Learn how to use them.

And never play Emerald.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,059 posts
6,679 battles

How come everyone hates the Emerald? she has smoke and heal. :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,703 posts
13,904 battles

Different people have different experiences in the same ship.

It's been a long time since I played through Furutaka.

Out of interest I went searching for my stats.

Maybe not worst ship in game.

furu.jpg

2,930 posts
6,701 battles
56 minutes ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

How come everyone hates the Emerald? she has smoke and heal. :cap_like:

> "Furry Taco worst ship in the game"

> Emerald laughs in a smokescreen somewhere

Now THAT is a mis-tiered ship. Where the [bleep] is Arethusa?

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,059 posts
6,679 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

> Emerald laughs in a smokescreen somewhere

Now THAT is a mis-tiered ship. Where the [bleep] is Arethusa?

She has a Sister in the game......just not on the UK line.

She is a bit modified mind you.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,787 posts
5,664 battles

This is literally the strongest T5 cruiser in the game.  203mm guns.  3x2 for mounts that do 4700 AP damage, 10km 16000 dmg torps. 10.4k detection 34 knots.  5.4km AA.

Even a shitter like me has a 57%WR in it.  Its a gudboot.

2,930 posts
6,701 battles
3 minutes ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

She has a Sister in the game......just not on the UK line.

She is a bit modified mind you.

Yeah an RN cruiser with TBRB just to fit T6. Pure BS.

"She has a Sister in the game"

Does it matter? How many premium ships have their sister ships in the tech trees?

WG can somehow make some of the worst decisions when it comes to the RN and their ships.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles

10 hours ago, Grumps_1963 said:

This ship has shown me why the IJN lost the battle for the seas 

Is this really true?

So the outcome of the Second World War all hinged on whether a gamer in 2019 could handle a ship?

Mind blown.

~ I'm now going to play Total War Medieval and influence the original outcome of the Battle of Hastings.

• Funny 7
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this