Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Otago_F111

Up coming buff etc (stolen from NA server)

22 comments in this topic

[HMNZ]
277 posts
4,856 battles
  1. Aigle will get torpedo buff from 7km to 8km in order to improve her ability to torp from stealth.
  2. Dunkerque reload reduced to 26 seconds from 28 in order to improve her ability to do damage due to the lower caliber main battery.
  3. Sims buff of torpedoes. The short ranged gets from 5.5km to 7km.  Long range torpedoes go to 10.5km from 9.2. Improved alpha as well. Reload increased from 72 to 76 seconds.
  4. Mahan RoF buff from 4 seconds to 3.3. Due to the bad shell arcs a RoF buff will help increase her damage.
  5. Colorado sigma increase from 1.9 to 2.0. Because of the New Mexico having 12 barrels and Colorado getting reduced to 8, an accuracy buff will increase the hit probability.
  6. Kiev can get a Repair Party instead of Smoke. She will have 2 charges with Premium Consumable.
  7. Ognevoi gets access to Repair Party on an extra slot. 2 charges as well with Premium Consumable.
  8. Udaloi will also be getting a Repair Party, I guess it's Oprah time for VMF DDs. 2 charges as well. All the VMF changes are done in order to better prepare the ground for the tier Xs.
  9. Nagato reload time reduced from 32 seconds to 30. Same as Colorado, buff in order to improve her ability to do more damage.
  10. Kii buff. Reload reduced from 31 to 30. TORP BUFF. 10km torpedoes instead of 6. 1 knot nerf to speed, damage buff to 17.2k. The torpedo buff is still in consideration. The torpedo buff will make them more reliable. In addition due to the bad broadside of Kii, she will be able to use her torps more efficiently and without getting into brawl range.
  11. Izumo sigma increase from 1.8 to 2.0. WG is taking a step by step approach regarding her to see where they will get.
  12. Hood buff! Sigma from 1.8 to 1.9. Fuse delay increase to help deal with BBs.
  13. Since alot of people on chat are mentioning Blyskawica, she still is good based on statistics; if they do something drastic she will turn OP, so they will have to find a more elegant solution.

Fire duration for the "large cruisers (Stalingrad, Kron, Alaska, Azuma) will become uniformly 60 seconds from 45. The large HP pool and armor schemes led to this decision. If positioned well without being exposed these ships are almost invulnerable to regular cruisers.

• Cool 2

[BLESS]
638 posts
6,979 battles

Sims buff of torpedoes. The short ranged gets from 5.5km to 7km.

Well well. Honestly don't think that was needed, but I'll certainly take it. The change makes Sims considerably more dangerous.

Edited by Rina_Pon

2,280 posts
6,183 battles

1. I wanna get Aigle from the Arsenal, but am still on the fence.

2. I really want to see Strasbourg (her sister) to be in the game. Anyway, the change is probably unnecessary.

4. The ship needs it.

6, 7, 8. Bringing some consistency to the line. I like consistency.

10. Since the buff is still under consideration, I won't call it good or bad. But let just consider all the Japanese 8km torps before jumping to 10 km ones...

Fire duration for "large cruisers" I'm still against, but let see how that goes.

[HMAS_]
1,880 posts
12,488 battles

Yay! Buffs to Colorado & Hood !!! 

Maybe Hood won't be so useless now..., & Colorado buff will help keep it deadly despite very slow speed..

I love my Colorado, That's where my American 19 point captain comes from....

Ordrazz

[BLESS]
638 posts
6,979 battles

4. That's a significant buff to Mahan DPM. Mahan wasn't bad exactly, but tier-for-tier felt weaker than both Farragut or Benson.

I'm for the fire extension on cruisers-in-name-only. Play like a BB, burn like a BB I say.

[HMNZ]
277 posts
4,856 battles

seemingly the radar has changes too, a time delay in the "team" seeing the lit up ship.

[BLESS]
638 posts
6,979 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

1. I wanna get Aigle from the Arsenal, but am still on the fence.

I am not a fan. Even more than Cleveland, it's a ship that you feel you need a 38 point captain to make it even halfways comfortable. (as a DD you need LS, but the turret rotation cries out for EM, you want SI, SE, BFT all at once, as well as AFT and CE and IHFE. Oh, and DE and AR are highly useful.) Nothing will fix the firing angles, however, which are horrible.

Then there's the practical consideration of not really being able to use an Aigle captain for anything else, since the MN line has no destroyer tech tree. So you are left skills grinding in Aigle from an 8 to an 19 point captain, which is certainly not my idea of fun...

Fundamentally, though, the ship is conceptually broken: the idea of Aigle's design is it has a huge hp pool and good gunpower so it can pummel an enemy DD into submission. The reality in random battles however is that DD v DD fights are won by whoever is better supported by their team's cruisers. Whether you have 15k health or 20k health isn't the deciding factor, which one of you is being blasted to peices by a Myoko/New Orleans is. The only place Aigle shines is supporting friendly DDs, but since the MM changes and recent DD-lite-meta, there are not usually enough DDs on the team to have the luxury of sending two to the same location. 

Edited by Rina_Pon

[1NATN]
574 posts
18,804 battles

@Rina_Pon is absolutely correct but this buff will make the Aigle significantly more comfortable to play. Not being able to out spot the enemy isn’t the end of the world. If you can learn to not over commit early and survive first contact that big HP pool comes into play in a big way.

[SMOKE]
696 posts
10,578 battles

The DD buff just re affirm many already knew .. when WF introduce more and more branch and ships and keep nerf to many DD(s) and then introduce first hydro then Radar then make Radar too abundant, they basically destroy the DD game-play by making the hide / stealth capacity inoperable and now they just try to undo the damage not by fixing the issue but patching it here and there to a single ship or two. This is why many ships had pretty much left in the dust after all these years ... 

There is similar issue with CL , and less but there with the CA. The BB can do with little change because they can always over match others but what I see here is no more than just ad hoc patching.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,453 posts
12,933 battles
7 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:
  1. Sims buff of torpedoes. The short ranged gets from 5.5km to 7km.  Long range torpedoes go to 10.5km from 9.2. Improved alpha as well. Reload increased from 72 to 76 seconds.
  2. Mahan RoF buff from 4 seconds to 3.3. Due to the bad shell arcs a RoF buff will help increase her damage.
  3. Colorado sigma increase from 1.9 to 2.0. Because of the New Mexico having 12 barrels and Colorado getting reduced to 8, an accuracy buff will increase the hit probability.

Uncle Sam, and I, thank you.

[MRI]
1,984 posts
11,126 battles
6 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I am not a fan. Even more than Cleveland, it's a ship that you feel you need a 38 point captain to make it even halfways comfortable. (as a DD you need LS, but the turret rotation cries out for EM, you want SI, SE, BFT all at once, as well as AFT and CE and IHFE. Oh, and DE and AR are highly useful.) Nothing will fix the firing angles, however, which are horrible.

Imo it is more that Aigle benefits from those skills, not that it really needs them. Aigle only needs EM and LS, the rest are nice to have but not necessary. My Aigle only has 12-points - PT, EM and LS, BFT, CE. 

SI is not needed if you run Premium Consumables. SE is nice, but you already have lots of health at your tier range. BFT is just a straight damage increase.

AFT is questionable considering your shell arcs at range. IFHE again is nice but not necessary to do damage. CE I feel is useful but its effectiveness is up to the player.

DE and AR are good to have but not compulsory.

You are right that the current does not favour gunboat DDs, but that is the problem of the meta, not the Aigle's design is "fundamentally broken".

408 posts
4,788 battles
29 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Imo it is more that Aigle benefits from those skills, not that it really needs them. Aigle only needs EM and LS, the rest are nice to have but not necessary. My Aigle only has 12-points - PT, EM and LS, BFT, CE. 

SI is not needed if you run Premium Consumables. SE is nice, but you already have lots of health at your tier range. BFT is just a straight damage increase.

AFT is questionable considering your shell arcs at range. IFHE again is nice but not necessary to do damage. CE I feel is useful but its effectiveness is up to the player.

DE and AR are good to have but not compulsory.

You are right that the current does not favour gunboat DDs, but that is the problem of the meta, not the Aigle's design is "fundamentally broken".

IMO, Aigle is a thunderclunker- huge health, massive offensive firepower, suckish concealment. Yeah, Aigle needs the buff to turret traverse and Last Stand, otherwise having only either or neither is gonna make it painful to play.

My ideal build is this:

Priority Target (very important on all non CVs)

Last Stand (Destroyer and all)

BFT (DPM Increase)

Concealment Expert (allows you to (barely) stealth-launch torpedoes)

Expert Marksman (Makes her traverse much less torturous. That being said, dont make the mistake I did which was taking EM first)

Torpedo Expertise (Why not, with her really good torpedoes (for her role) that will soon be buffed. Its also a boon to her offensive power which is what Aigle is all about 

Superintendent (1 extra smoke/engine boost charge)

Preventative Maintenance (using the 1 remaining skill point).

However, mine is still at 10 skill points so it might be a while until I can get this build done correctly.

My other fav buff is to the Kii. Her torps will no longer be last resort and instead be some sort of shocking medium ranged weapon of sorts (can catch ships unaware).

Blys is something I am keen on data on. Apparently, HazardDrake on NA said that the people who complained about her all run AFT, which he said makes them visible from Triton (Neptune's Moon. He said Earth's moon but Blys already has hella big detection range sooooo..) and makes them unable to hit crap at range. I don't own it tho, so I dunno about anything else.

Sims torpedo buff is interesting. Not sure what her detection range with CE and camo is, but this will finally mean that the fast torps can be launched (just) from stealth.

That is all I had in mind.

[BLESS]
638 posts
6,979 battles
8 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Not sure what her detection range with CE and camo is, but this will finally mean that the fast torps can be launched (just) from stealth.

6.5~6.6 km ish, iirc. If the enemy is rushing you stealth torping is now viable with even the short range torp option.

The change brings Sims closer to Benson (5.8 km stealth, 9.2 km torps) while still keeping Benson as a clear improvement. 

[POI]
889 posts
8,931 battles

What I can see is other nation ships are getting more and more consistent while German ships (BBs, here Gneisenau crying at the corner) are left in the dust..

[BLESS]
638 posts
6,979 battles
5 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

What I can see is other nation ships are getting more and more consistent while German ships (BBs, here Gneisenau crying at the corner) are left in the dust..

FdG is getting a substantial buff. See Flamu's recent vid.

• Cool 1

[POI]
889 posts
8,931 battles
2 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

FdG is getting a substantial buff. See Flamu's recent vid.

I know, still the guns not that well behaved. Well like our Commander to be Jinggles said, if you throw enough #!=/ on the wall, some of them will stick, I guess it's still better than no buff at all.

408 posts
4,788 battles

calm down with the German ships, I'm quite sure they will receive their due soon enough.

• Cool 1

[POI]
889 posts
8,931 battles
10 minutes ago, TD1 said:

calm down with the German ships, I'm quite sure they will receive their due soon enough.

Thanks mate

2,280 posts
6,183 battles
30 minutes ago, TD1 said:

One of the four most active navies in WW2 and one of two most active in WW1!

The fourth nation to get a full ship line!

And yet they have what, barely a half the number of premium ships compare to Russia, and ZERO free xp/Arsenal premium while Russia have 3 (and 1 upcoming)!

I will NOT calm down!!!! :cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-ISO-]
694 posts
5,358 battles
10 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

Izumo sigma increase from 1.8 to 2.0. WG is taking a step by step approach regarding her to see where they will get.

Too late I already sell her and my fxp is still halfway to get the Yamato.

[PAMAN]
165 posts
5,875 battles
12 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

11. Kii buff. Reload reduced from 31 to 30. TORP BUFF. 10km torpedoes instead of 6. 1 knot nerf to speed, damage buff to 17.2k. The torpedo buff is still in consideration. The torpedo buff will make them more reliable. In addition due to the bad broadside of Kii, she will be able to use her torps more efficiently and without getting into brawl range.

For now, I was considering Roma or Kii as tier 8 BB to buy. But, if they buffing Kii's torpedoes, I will buy her.

[EX0]
303 posts
14,874 battles

i rarely use kii torps anyway. its pretty situational but useful when brawling.

Sign in to follow this