Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MatterCore

Update 0.8.0 Is Postponed

41 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
5,386 posts
31,353 battles

From EU

The third session of the Public test version 0.8.0 will start soon.

This update will present the most important change in recent times - a new kind of CV gameplay.

Since we launched the first open beta, we have made many improvements and changes, fixed bugs, worked on the balance and stability of the version.

Most of them have been made thanks to your feedback, comments and suggestions.

We have also taken into account the feedback from the first and second session of the Public test 0.8.0 and want to work a little more on the version.

Therefore, Update 0.8.0 will be released one week later.

The game will be updated not on January 23 and 24, as planned, but at the end of the month – on January 30 and 31, depending on the server (for EU it will be January 31).

Planned improvements associated with the AA mechanics include:

• Addition of more visual effects for AA fire when the ‘Defensive AA Fire’ consumable is activated. 
  • Creation of a visual priority AA sector, showing where AA fire is concentrated.  
  • Removal of the patrol zone of a fighter for destroyers, cruisers and battleships from the minimap as this information is of little use and can confuse and pollute the minimap. In this case, the fighters will still be displayed in the game world, allowing players to use them as a cover from enemy aircraft;
  • Changing the mechanics of the priority sector: now it will not increase the number of explosions, but the constant average damage per minute.

What will happen to the activities rolled out in version 0.7.12?

They will be extended, and you will have an additional week to:

• Fight in Clan battles.
  • "Knock off" your remaining snowflakes.
  • Complete the event "In the Name of His Highness!" and receive the premium battleship tier VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich.
  • Participate in the "Mighty Prinz" Campaign, earning yourself the five researchable Tier VI ships with permanent New Year-inspired camouflage.

However, please note that the combat missions "Nerves of Steel" will expire as initially planned and will not be available for completion after January 25.

Thank you for your patience and attention. See you in battle!

Action Stations!

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/080-postponed-announcement/

Edited by MatterCore
  • Cool 2

2,293 posts
6,194 battles

I know that the CV rework isn't ready as planned. Get your numbers right WeeGee!

Also Feb 5th is the lunar Jan 1st (aka Lunar New Year) so let update the game and forget it for a week or so.

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
5,386 posts
31,353 battles
Just now, Max_Battle said:

B... b... b... but... my captain respecs…?

patient, the dark side surrounds us :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,463 posts
11,821 battles

well

extra time for a week to done PEF mission

[LBAS]
2,168 posts
11,003 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I know that the CV rework isn't ready as planned. Get your numbers right WeeGee!

Also Feb 5th is the lunar Jan 1st (aka Lunar New Year) so let update the game and forget it for a week or so.

Says the Salty NA Player, Get out of here you spy! 

:etc_hide_turtle:

[-ISO-]
699 posts
5,374 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Patience :)

[FFD]
173 posts
3,163 battles

it was so obvious this update wasnt gonna launch because there was just too many bugs and unusual things. I saw that coming, but its still unfair that CV can launch infinite planes but you have limited DFAA and AA gun HP. 

• Cool 1

2,293 posts
6,194 battles
6 minutes ago, Labeat said:

it was so obvious this update wasnt gonna launch because there was just too many bugs and unusual things. I saw that coming, but its still unfair that CV can launch infinite planes but you have limited DFAA and AA gun HP. 

0.8.0 Round 2 significantly reduces your ability to constantly launch full squadron. Two reasons: AA flak bubbles have been buffed, so there won't be as many aircrafts returning, -AND- the time for aircraft servicing is too long you can waste half a match and still can't launch a full torpedo bomber squadron if the previous squadron didn't survive.

138 posts

Well on the up side this gives an extra week for people to grind to get the Musashi and/or Kronshtadt who are still trying to get enough FXP or coal to get them. I'm a little annoyed as weeks back I grinded like crazy burning through hundreds of special flags when now I know I could have actually taken my time to get my Mushi.

PS. I can already taste the salt about this from the old guard players who think newer players shouldn't ever be allowed to have tier 9 ships because if these noobs have less than 10k of battles they ruin their matches (like they own high tier matches).

Edited by ShaddowAU

[MRI]
1,993 posts
11,153 battles

This is great news! Good on WG to take the time to give the rework the polish it needs.

Also it means more time for people to grind for the PEF and complete the other campaigns. (Though if I knew we were going to have more time, I wouldn't have bought the PEF. Lol oh well).

The only thing I disagree with is this:

2 hours ago, MatterCore said:

Removal of the patrol zone of a fighter for destroyers, cruisers and battleships from the minimap as this information is of little use and can confuse and pollute the minimap. In this case, the fighters will still be displayed in the game world, allowing players to use them as a cover from enemy aircraft;

Why though? The information is useful for surface ships to know how much area is under fighter protection so that they don't accidentally stray out of it.

• Cool 5

[TLS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
3,984 battles

So...

The shenanigans continues... 

Anyway I can still hiatus since i still hate the Marathon PEF nonsense. I want to sell my Saipan already dammit.

[CLAY]
1,345 posts
8,494 battles

Good move on WG’s account.

Not sure it’s enough time, but  it shows they recognise there are still issues, and have listened to some of the concerns of the players.

[-FUN-]
304 posts
4,116 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Also it means more time for people to grind for the PEF and complete the other campaigns. (Though if I knew we were going to have more time, I wouldn't have bought the PEF. Lol oh well).

Yeah was thinking the same thing about buying PEF until I note that nerve of steel mission isnt going to be extended. Had I not bought PEF I wouldnt have time to finish the mission in time.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,594 posts
5,206 battles

Its not like they had a choice.  The writing was on the wall and they didn't want to go through an experience like WOT's Rubicon debacle.

[SMOKE]
697 posts
10,632 battles

There is sill no mention of fixing the AA .. I am pessimistic about it all .. its making CV too overpowering influencing a game

[DS]
222 posts
12,687 battles

Probably for the best.

Most places I visited think of 0.8.0 as the doom's day or the game's death flag mainly related to CV's rework.
If they don't get it right of course it will ended up just like WoT of which their case is reworking "Artillery, SPG" just to see more people are frustrated by it.

[CLAY]
1,345 posts
8,494 battles
11 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Patience. I am in no hurry for captain respecs. There will be a significant period of time before there is enough info around to work out what the best skills are. I’ll probably only set up a handful of captains on ships I’m currently grinding and wait for the rework to settle before setting the rest up.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,456 posts
12,954 battles
4 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Patience. I am in no hurry for captain respecs. There will be a significant period of time before there is enough info around to work out what the best skills are. I’ll probably only set up a handful of captains on ships I’m currently grinding and wait for the rework to settle before setting the rest up.

Non AA ships should be easy enough to pick captain skills for. I just need to shuffle a few EM for AR and so forth.

[LGND]
313 posts
9,663 battles

good, i hope they Buff AA flak burst (more flak) and AA Range atleast give all ships +2 Km range.....
because non USN ship barely shoot down only 15 planes entire game, and USN need full AA Build (yes full AA and ignoring survivability) to make AA Efficient.....

[SEARN]
664 posts
11,113 battles

Good, we get the existing CV and AA system for another whole week before the game gets ruined by the rework version.

But why do I have to wait even longer for my new pixel bote? I want Alaska Dammit! I want it now :etc_red_button:

2,293 posts
6,194 battles
4 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

But why do I have to wait even longer for my new pixel bote? I want Alaska Dammit! I want it now :etc_red_button:

Alaska in 0.8.0 is NOT confirmed :Smile_hiding:

PS. German Free xp/Arsenal ship WHEN

Edited by Paladinum

[SEARN]
664 posts
11,113 battles
11 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Why though? The information is useful for surface ships to know how much area is under fighter protection so that they don't accidentally stray out of it.

Don't forget the average WOWS player cannot do 2 things at once so expecting them to look at the minimap and make decisions based on that info is obviously above most of us. :Smile_sceptic:

Actually I think it is true as I can never do these 2 things at the same time. I never read about WG making changes and expect well thought out results to come from those changes, so I think they might be onto something...… :cap_old: 

[SEARN]
664 posts
11,113 battles

"Alaska in 0.8.0 is NOT confirmed"

Musashi and Kronshtadt being removed in 0.8.0 is confirmed. Unlikely WG will replace them with nothing and miss this great opportunity to extract 1 Mill FXP from players :Smile_coin:

Edited by HobartAWD

2,293 posts
6,194 battles
21 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

"Alaska in 0.8.0 is NOT confirmed"

Musashi and Kronshtadt being removed in 0.8.0 is confirmed. Unlikely WG will replace them with nothing and miss this great opportunity to extract 1 Mill FXP from players :Smile_coin:

I jested :Smile_teethhappy:

Do I want Alaska? F**k yes. But the wehraboo in me stays my hands to wait for any German freemium (free xp/coal). :cap_old:

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this