Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
scommy

How to counter Belfast?

19 comments in this topic

76 posts
4,211 battles

Like how? This Belfast thing is so overpowered!!!!!!!

[SMOKE]
659 posts
10,090 battles

not only that but the stupid game matching .. I've seen games where one side got 2 Belfast and the other side got no ship with radar , go figure how a DD player feels , or how BB players hate that spamming

[CLAY]
1,205 posts
8,130 battles

Countering Belfast is easy, give them to noob player (like me), and watch them be ineffective.

• Cool 3

[TROLL]
330 posts
28 minutes ago, scommy said:

Like how? This Belfast thing is so overpowered!!!!!!!

No cruiser is OP if you can reliably citadel it

• Cool 1

[TDA]
Super Tester
371 posts
8,164 battles

Keep out of radar range and torp smoke.

[TF44]
182 posts
5,915 battles
33 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Countering Belfast is easy, give them to noob player (like me), and watch them be ineffective.

Hah! Yep, concur. First few match I be like, hey awesome OP bote! I'll go smash all the Randoms!. Reality was that I had my ass handed to me. On more than one occasion.

I didn't realise that the "Belfast" effect occurs where every ship in range on the map will open up on you the second you're spotted.

What seems to makes Belfast OP is that Unicums turn this thing into absolute terror weapons.

Edited by scottme
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

1,910 posts
6,036 battles

Torpedo is your friend. Bait the ship into using radar, wait for 40s, give the smoker some torps (the more range the better).

6 posts
5,833 battles

T7 has got like all these OP ships that is already [content removed] to deal with. Like, imagine a div with a flint, a belfast and a saipan.

Although, I assure you that any ship is weak if you have a team that actually co-operates and supports you. So yeah, just get used to it and pray that you get a good team while dealing with a Belfast. From my experience I'd suggest you that if you are in a battleship, point all guns towards Belfast, yes it's an OP ship but it is still weak with it's citadels and such, same goes for Flint/Atlanta. Although about the Saipan part, you're gonna need a CV player that's on the unicum level to counter Saipan. And if you're in a cruiser, then use some covers and keep on kiting, stay with your team and focus fire on a specific target. Follow the objectives and you should be good to go. Lastly, in a destroyer, try not to cap right away. I'll suggest having a cover aswell as reversing into the cap and not go into it straightly. By that way it's possible to counter a rader.

To conclude, yeah it's gonna be hard to deal with these ships, but you'll get used to it. Cheers.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
824 posts
8,121 battles

Belfast has a reputation for being OP, however it is fairly easy to counter in most ships.  It's main weaknesses are having no heal and no torps, it is easy to citadel, can be overmatched by 203mm AP, has very poor deceleration, and of course tends to be played in a very static manner.

Knowing these weaknesses, you should be able to come up with an effective plan of countering the ship.  If you're in a BB or a cruiser with 203mm+ guns, AP will overmatch, so use it at all angles.  Remember how bad it is at slowing down, so if you see a Belfast popping smoke, it is very easy to get well aimed AP salvos into it.  If it is firing at you from smoke, then that's just as good, watch the shell launch points, take the middle point between the forward and aft turrets, then go down about the distance of the hull height.  Even without aiming dispersion buff this will often equal citadels.  Also remember Belfast has no torps, and is extremely vulnerable to being rushed by a BB.  Always be assessing in your BB if a rush will not result in you over committing, and if an opportunity arises then take it.

As a DD, know their radar range of 8.5km.  Baiting it by going into a cap at the limit of radar range either in reverse or turning away will burn the radar if it's an issue for you.  You can also burn it by firing then smoking just within 8.5km, then bugging out.  You want them to radar on your conditions, not theirs.  Put torps into their smoke - Belfast has hydro but this won't always be up, and even if it is you can push it out of the smoke and into the open to be vulnerable to friendly ships.  Belfast detection is 8.7km with an 8.5km radar, so once you have burned the radar you can sit at just over 8km and keep them spotted if the opportunity arises.

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
Super Tester
1,022 posts
14,965 battles
4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

GOOD, THEY SHOULD START SELLING IT AGAIN

[-GT-]
170 posts
2,222 battles

what? belfast is so underpower

1. wg give me free belfast from sc
  2. try it in random battle
  3. set smoke
  4. get hit by random shot
  5. back to port

• Funny 1

[HKN]
2,634 posts
6,943 battles
7 hours ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

No cruiser is OP if you can reliably citadel it

yes, and belfast is not OP, 
all you need is to face it and never run from it.

3 hours ago, ari_aji said:

what? belfast is so underpower

1. wg give me free belfast from sc
  2. try it in random battle
  3. set smoke
  4. get hit by random shot
  5. back to port

all ship can be like that 

for me i dont really care about ship being OP or not. because the player skill is more importance. even a krispy kreme can be lethal in the hand of good player. 

• Cool 2

[TROLL]
330 posts
2 hours ago, XP_On said:

yes, and belfast is not OP, 

A survival tip that most BB drivers ignore. Ya have a better chance of defeating her head on than running away with your aft end exposed which renders the front turrets useless plus you lose a lot of HP by the time you get out of their range.  

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,538 battles
5 hours ago, XP_On said:

I agreed. Running away and die to fires.... I would rather charge in and blind shot. I remember i charge in a Belfast And Lolanta div which is 10km away from us, med driving a NM and a KGV m8 dev strike them by blind shot (They smoke yet we trace the shells shot by them) 

Edited by waichung1823
  • Cool 1

[HKN]
2,634 posts
6,943 battles
3 hours ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

A survival tip that most BB drivers ignore. Ya have a better chance of defeating her head on than running away with your aft end exposed which renders the front turrets useless plus you lose a lot of HP by the time you get out of their range.  

and if all fail, atleast you bring her down with you and save your team so they can win the match for you

• Cool 3

[TROLL]
330 posts
45 minutes ago, XP_On said:

and if all fail, atleast you bring her down with you and save your team so they can win the match for you

underrated tactic 

tenor.gif

[NZSQN]
181 posts
3,569 battles
19 hours ago, scottme said:

Hah! Yep, concur. First few match I be like, hey awesome OP bote! I'll go smash all the Randoms!. Reality was that I had my ass handed to me. On more than one occasion.

I didn't realise that the "Belfast" effect occurs where every ship in range on the map will open up on you the second you're spotted.

What seems to makes Belfast OP is that Unicums turn this thing into absolute terror weapons.

This sums up my experience completely. 

It's true though, everyone on the enemy team will go for you if you're spotted as they know how much of a threat it can be. (Not me though as I suck in it). 

It's kind of like everyone aiming for an Emerald as soon as it's spotted because it's so weak. 

• Cool 1

[DS]
222 posts
12,473 battles

Here we go again.

Talking about premium ship's capability is like playing with fire.
I'm surprised to see many people here think its "fine" eventhough its one of those premium ships that started all the dramas not exclusive in unicums' hand, They remove it for a reason.
There is no real counter to that ship 

• you can say try to torp it but that thing has hydrocaustic search
  • Using AP to citadel it, it has smoke and firing into the smoke without locking decrease the chance even further

The logic of a highly capable ships in the hands of a less experience will balance it out is false, just look at the game right now with the ships like Conqueror, Graff Zep, and etc.

Edited by MikuChrome

[HKN]
2,634 posts
6,943 battles
2 hours ago, MikuChrome said:

There is no real counter to that ship 

just wait and see..... like the old Gremy, there will be time for her to lost the power....

Sign in to follow this