Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lathomkennethlee945

Legacy Halloween Ghost Ship

16 comments in this topic

5 posts
1,884 battles

Do not let weird fake ships in regular games? Saw a green flaming Ghost Ship, making game too unrealistic for me. How do you all feel?

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
7,596 battles

Sure it wasn't the Flying Dutchman?

Cos that's real.

• Funny 1

5 posts
1,884 battles
On 1/17/2019 at 7:09 AM, kato1004 said:

:cat_paw:very good~!!

I sold my two Carriers, too difficult for me to play...just signed up for Great White Fleet event, bye.

5 posts
1,884 battles
On 1/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, AntifoulAwl said:

Sure it wasn't the Flying Dutchman?

Cos that's real.

My grandfather was in the US Navy and boxed the British Navy champion and lost in the twenties!

• Cool 1

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,652 posts

Post Moved to the appropriate section - Be careful which sections you are starting new topics in

~lengxv6

1,910 posts
6,036 battles
On 1/17/2019 at 2:53 AM, Lathomkennethlee945 said:

Do not let weird fake ships in regular games? Saw a green flaming Ghost Ship, making game too unrealistic for me. How do you all feel?

Indifferent.

WoWS is a video game and I treat it as such.

[AN-DO]
316 posts
7,081 battles
On 2/21/2019 at 3:49 PM, Lathomkennethlee945 said:

My grandfather was in the US Navy and boxed the British Navy champion and lost in the twenties!

??? what does that have to do with anything? did the bout take place on a ghost ship? To the original poster, there is an option in port to turn off those camos in game so you don't have to suffer seeing some random steampunk ship sailing about. I agree that they are ridiculous which is why I have them turned off. @AntifoulAwl  I actually think it would be pretty cool, perhaps in the cyclone effects' if occasionally a creepy old tall ship just ghosted into your vision for a moment before disappearing. I'd much rather than that a bunch of spaceships firing lasers in game. I'm not looking forward to the next update with its April fools space battles again.

Edited by blauflamme22

[BOTES]
Modder
556 posts
4,295 battles

On 1/17/2019 at 3:53 AM, Lathomkennethlee945 said:

Personally I dont care. However, I'm sure you can toggle these effects with the "additional content" setting in port near the ship carousel. 

1,910 posts
6,036 battles
1 hour ago, blauflamme22 said:

I actually think it would be pretty cool, perhaps in the cyclone effects' if occasionally a creepy old tall ship just ghosted into your vision for a moment before disappearing.

Imagine it is not an Age of Sail ship but a ghostly Yamato silhouette appearing in the haze. As a cruiser main, that would scare the garbage out of me.

Imagine the storm would mess with the minimap, and it shows one to two BBs right next to me (when I know clearly there is none). Holy balls.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
5,067 posts
20,573 battles

aah, i assume he's talking about the nikolai with the Halloween camo

you can turn off all the camos in game and play as vanilla as you want

Edited by drakon233

[CLAY]
1,205 posts
8,130 battles

I don’t really care about what camo’s ships have on. The Historically accurate ships are cool, but there’s nothing wrong with a bit of variety. Not as if the rest of the game is that accurate. Otherwise why would a Montana exist? Let along fighting on the same side as Yamato?

1,910 posts
6,036 battles
7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I don’t really care about what camo’s ships have on. The Historically accurate ships are cool, but there’s nothing wrong with a bit of variety. Not as if the rest of the game is that accurate. Otherwise why would a Montana exist? Let along fighting on the same side as Yamato?

When you're focused into the combat, you should only care about things being "friends" or "foes". If you're distracted the appearances of things,... welp.

479 posts
1,474 battles

And there was USS Steward(DD224), which was thought to be a ghost ship by the US.

It was scuttled at Surabaya, Java, 2 March 1942, but signed many time by US sub and aircraft near Japan in 1943 and 1944. at the end of the war. It was found the ship was raised by Japanese and recommissioned as patrol boat.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
7,596 battles

@blauflamme22, ah, but the Flying Dutchman is a ship of doom.

All who sight her are destined to perish in the near future.

It would work if she quickly came into your sight if you were flooding or burning to death, with no repair.

Or even better -as the tinfoil hat brigade believe- when MM assigns you to a losing team, the Dutchman is in the background of your battle loading screen.

• Funny 1

[TROLL]
330 posts
On 1/17/2019 at 1:23 AM, Lathomkennethlee945 said:

Newsflash: The game isn't realistic. If it was, then you'd be seeing Axis powers vs Allies and not them working together.  Play co-op if themed camos bother you and let the rest of us enjoy reaping souls with our Ghost ships!  :cat_paw:

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel

Sign in to follow this