Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
leerm002

Your most unique and fun ship design!

20 comments in this topic

57 posts
1,750 battles

Hey everyone!

So, I have a fun/silly challenge here I want to propose:

I want to hear the communities ideas for the weirdest & most fun ship design they can think of to be included in the game. I am NOT thinking along the lines of historical ships, or even PRACTICAL ships...but weird, outlandish, totally unique ship ideas that you think would be a blast to play as! 🙂

This thread is just for fun (obviously,) so it would be cool if we didn't make fun of each others crazy ideas here. What some people think might be fun others might think is stupid and that is OK. Seriously: no one is going to make these ships, so there is no point in blasting each other over it. I would guess that all of these designs would be premium ships, but honestly that doesn't really matter in the spirit of the challenge. Really, just go nuts with the fun ships everyone!

I will start:

I think that a dedicated ram ship would be a hilarious and fun. I think to make it work you would want a ship with either extremely weak main guns, or possibly no main guns at all. You can add in something supplemental like some torpedoes or a strong secondary battery, but I think the main feature for this ship would be strong armor, fast speed, great maneuverability, lots of HP and (most importantly) a huge reduction in ram damage taken, and increase in ram damage given (maybe 50% and 50%?)

Personally, I kinda love it when I get to ram an enemy ship in this game and having a dedicated ship for just that would be great for me.

Well, what is YOUR crazy fun ship idea?

1,910 posts
6,036 battles

Question : a ship for the game, not IRL, right?

I'd just put a ton of torpedo tubes on a cruiser and call it a day... Wait, it's Kitakami. I'd put them on a DD though... Wait, it's Shimakaze. What if I want both... Nah, it's just Okhotnik...

My ideas?

1. Even more extreme versions of Scharnhorst. They say she has guns too small. Well, what if those guns are EVEN SMALLER? Like Hindenburg's guns? Same can be applied to Des Moist's guns on Iowa's hull. Scharnhorst with Hindenburg's guns would be the most OP T7 ship in the game (DPM monster), second only to the OP flamethrower known as KGV.

Spoiler

This image was made quite a while ago. Your thread is a right place to post it.

LULZ-01.thumb.jpg.fba908211ae63980f7b5c5973b783939.jpg

2. Extreme version of Atlanta. Filling the ship with nothing but small-caliber DP guns. But instead of a CL hull, it's a BB hull (protection included), like NC.

Spoiler

This image was made quite a while ago. Your thread is a right place to post it. Btw the dimension of the hull is 230 x 32 meter overall. 26 turrets (52 guns).

canttouchthis-01.thumb.jpg.b6c797265181b7cf9b75e4337d0d39b1.jpg

3. A DD with 8 inch guns or larger.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[CLAY]
1,205 posts
8,130 battles

A ship with ALL the consumables, battleship armor and heavy cruiser guns... And maybe some forward firing torpedo tubes for good measure.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,300 posts
12,508 battles

Raft.

One huge turret.

Rocket launchers.

K9 units.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
58 posts
1,376 battles

Can think of anything except a Destroyer with Battleship guns which can also be doubled up as Torpedo launcher or missile launcher

I mean if Sheridan's 152mm could be capable of firing AT missile, HE and AP shells (penetration was super bad) also even Canister, a BB gun might be able to achieve the same thing

[TLS]
Beta Tester
868 posts
3,951 battles

Sampan Boat with Yamato Defense belt. a Mere torpedo cant do anything. HP is 200000.

[CLAY]
1,205 posts
8,130 battles
8 hours ago, drakon233 said:

595519321.jpg

... Is that a Fuso with Yamato guns!?

WANT!

*Fires full broadside, recoil capsizes ship*

Worth it.

[SMOKE]
659 posts
10,090 battles

IJN BB Ise in its proposed final Carrier-BB hybrid configuration with all except the forward 2 turret remain and all after the funnel now to be platformed for carrier operation ; actually one of the design is the first with oblique runway for carrier to launch aircraft from a elongated runway placed a certain angle to the long axial of the ship, or another one that had the aircraft launched aft

57 posts
1,750 battles

I'm loving these crazy ships! 

I have to say: I have also wanted either an extreme version of the atlanta or a bb with a ton of small caliber guns 🙂 ...it may not be as effective, but it would be fun as heck! 

Also: HMS Furious was a REAL ship?? Wow. We might actually SEE that monstrosity in game some day...

Awesome 🙂

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
7,596 battles

Exxon Valdez.

Both versions.

But if only version can be done, use the version from 'Waterworld, with Dennis Hopper as Commander.

It would be great in ops.

• Funny 1

1,910 posts
6,036 battles
11 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

This CV x BB

1796152310_superyamato.thumb.jpg.fc2af7624ccf91da007e9ea4be7a91e0.jpg.844206b1151635f59f1c619531ad2bf8.jpg

When the Japanese bomb Wilhelmshaven instead of Pearl Harbor.

US x IJ (Imperial Japan). I ship it. Ba dum tss.

[TROLL]
330 posts

Monitor Novgorod
russian-monitor-novgorod-ad111743-94b2-4

Imagine this saucer doing a 360º and humping that snotty little DD before it can sneak up on her and say Shazam! Oh, the possibilities...

• Funny 1

[HMASW]
1,853 posts

Years ago I saw an article in one of the ship books I had, & the was what was called a "connector" ship.... It was a sailing vessel that was in 3 sections, that had 2 hinges connecting the bow & stern to the mid section, the idea behind it was to "ride" over the large waves at sea, so the mid section where the passengers were,  Was to keep stable...

Needless to say the design was a failure.....

Ordrazz

[AUSRP]
113 posts
7,735 battles

Super Yamato.

"Design A-150, popularly known as the Super Yamato class,[A] was a planned class of battleships for the Imperial Japanese Navy. In keeping with the Navy's long tradition, they were designed to be qualitatively superior to battleships that might be faced in battle, such as those from the United States or Great Britain. As part of this, the class would have been armed with six 51-centimeter (20.1 in) guns, the largest weapons carried aboard any warship in the world. Design work on the A-150s began after the preceding Yamato class in 1938–1939 and was mostly finished by early 1941, when the Japanese began focusing on aircraft carriers and other smaller warships in preparation for the coming conflict. No A-150 would ever be laid down, and many details of the class' design were destroyed near the end of the war."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_A-150_battleship

[SH0T]
1,313 posts
8,162 battles

494d10e1b7.png

This one, le

Cause I want to launch 1066 Rockets in 15 seconds, and set everything ablaze

Edited by humusz

Sign in to follow this