Prometheus_____

Minimum FPS for quality gameplay

17 comments in this topic

21 posts
368 battles

I’ve just downloaded wows onto my macbook and have played a few games.  My macbook is a lightweight version for travel and about 1.5 years old.

On the lowest graphics setting, I get an FPS of about 20.  At low graphics settings i get about 10 FPS.

What is the minimum FPS required for reasonable gameplay?  Does anyone here successfully play at 20 FPS?

Or do I need a new computer?

[LBAS]
867 posts
9,161 battles

50-60 is best for gameplay

i dont know how you even play with 20frames

[HKN]
2,634 posts
6,943 battles

If 20 FPS, you can still enjoy playing PvE

[HMASW]
1,853 posts

On my very old computer, I was using a card with 34 fps, & that was very playable unless there was time of lag..,. Mind you that was back in 2015 & the game has grown since then...

Ordrazz

[TLS]
58 posts
1,376 battles

My Laptop (about 5 years old) tends to fluctuate between 25 to 50 at times. I suggest get a better laptop. No need for a high end gaming laptop but get something that at least has a proper graphics card

When I generally get low FPS or lag I tend to play arty

Edited by pokeranger24

[HKN]
2,634 posts
6,943 battles
8 hours ago, pokeranger24 said:

When I generally get low FPS or lag I tend to play arty

We have Artilery ship now?

i thought it only exist on World of Tanks

[TROLL]
330 posts

I'm not sure about the minimum requirement but it runs smoothly on my potato GTX 650 graphics.  

21 posts
368 battles
On 1/16/2019 at 4:19 PM, XP_On said:

If 20 FPS, you can still enjoy playing PvE

I’ve played another dozens games or so and the FPS has been stable at around 20.  As mentioned above, it is ok for PvE, which i am enjoying greatly at this stage of my WOWS “career”.  Whether I can use it for proper PvP gameplay remains to be seen.

• Cool 1

[HKN]
2,634 posts
6,943 battles
11 minutes ago, Prometheus_____ said:

Does anyone have any suggestions re how i can improve my FPS?

i am sorry to say this but it mostly because your device. so if you already put the lowest set up then it is hard to improve more. 

many player buy a new GPU or better laptop because of this game.

i also upgrade 2x in the past 3 year because the game become more heavy (at 2015 my old laptop cant run. fps around 8-12 and rop to 2-4 when on fire, then i buy a new one that can run medium set up with far distance , but this year i buy a new one because that laptop can only get 24-30 which is not comfort enough for me)

I wish someday i can buy a laptop that run full ultra detail

[FORCE]
Super Tester
41 posts
3,999 battles
On 1/17/2019 at 6:07 PM, Prometheus_____ said:

Does anyone have any suggestions re how i can improve my FPS?

You can try Aslain pack, they have the option to downgrade the quality of the game graphic such as the ship texture, etc. The result is you will get a worse graphic but its acceptable if you just want to play smoothly or with decent fps.

21 posts
368 battles

I’ve played more games at circa 20 FPS and can say that it really limits close quarters play because some much is changing so quickly when you’re in close quarters.  Dd or brawling play is difficult.

For long range bb and ca play, it doesnt seem to bother me.  But i’m looking forward to getting a high end computer to enjoy quality graphics.

[Z2]
43 posts
4,244 battles

I am using a Mac. FPS goes up to 72 and down to 60 or 40. if it goes down to 20 or 10, the system will drop me and I will have to sign in again. 

[PSYCO]
70 posts
2,871 battles

A laptop bought 5 years ago with motherboard graphics, i get a starting fps of 15 then it drops down to about 8-10ish depending what happens. and all this is with minimum graphics setting. The pain is real

18 posts
447 battles

30 FPS is the ultimate low I could even consider playing a game in general, but let's be real: it's the current year, there is no excuse for playing sub 60 on a PC. With a 1050 Ti I have to sacrifice some graphics, but that's definitely worth it to hit that 75 FPS cap rather smoothly.

[IGSC]
1 post
4,598 battles

One of my friends enjoys 24fps, and he plays pretty well.

but I cant stand fps lower than 30.

So, I think you should try it yourself

(I believe you must have tried it already by the time I post this reply😀)

[EVA01]
6 posts
1,485 battles

10 FPS? It must be extremely choppy! I would say 30 FPS is satisfactory.