Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bengal_Tiger23

Capt. Skill Points. --- Becoming clearer?

23 comments in this topic

316 posts
2,336 battles

Hi Guys.

This is just a heads up for the changes to Capt. Skills. 

Notser goes thru the skill changes for all ships "In General". Here is the link:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnUX-yYpevc

Good Hunting

Alex B_T23

316 posts
2,336 battles
51 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

7 seconds.

I lasted 7 seconds.

Yeah! Bit boring I suppose.

But when 0.8.0 hit's there is going to be a lot of:-

"Oh my gosh. It's happening. What's the procedure? Where is the info? What do I do? Aaargh!"

Notser said that he will give further info as he does more testing.

Like most cc's conclusions though, it will be up to us to work out what suits our own requirements. 

Anyway. I hope this thread will help some along the way.

Cheer's mate.

Alex

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
18 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Yeah! Bit boring I suppose.

But when 0.8.0 hit's there is going to be a lot of:-

"Oh my gosh. It's happening. What's the procedure? Where is the info? What do I do? Aaargh!"

Notser said that he will give further info as he does more testing.

Like most cc's conclusions though, it will be up to us to work out what suits our own requirements. 

Anyway. I hope this thread will help some along the way.

Cheer's mate.

Alex

No, no, you misunderstand.

I am excited to get free captain respeccs across the board.

I lasted 7 seconds because I got too worked up 😛

86 posts

What about captain skills reset.

There is a mass confusion about CV rework and reseting skills. 

Lets face If only CV captains reset is not even funny. There will be a new play style or at least slight change of gameplay for everyone. 

Ctrl click planes are going away, so the AA has to be reformed. 

There will be a ton of stuff CC's has to go though to suggest whats best after that update.

Wish WG address these issues before update goes live.

Edited by MD047

316 posts
2,336 battles
2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Oh I see. 

Now easy boy, down, sit. You will get another treat soon. (At least I hope so). :Smile_veryhappy:

5 minutes ago, MD047 said:

Lets face If only CV captains reset is not even funny. There will be a new play style or at least slight change of gameplay for everyone. 

There will be a ton of stuff CC's has to go though to suggest whats best after that update goes live. 

Capt skill reset for all classes was confirmed directly to Notser by WG. (From an earlier video) In this video it is restated in the first few seconds. Notser covers all classes of ships in this Video.

Cheer's 

Alex

86 posts
1 minute ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Oh I see. 

Now easy boy, down, sit. You will get another treat soon. (At least I hope so). :Smile_veryhappy:

Capt skill reset for all classes was confirmed directly to Notser by WG. (From an earlier video) In this video it is restated in the first few seconds. Notser covers all classes of ships in this Video.

Cheer's 

Alex

Yo uncle, I know what notser said. I've seen that video, But its only Notser saying WG will do this /that. 

Don't recall if any other CCs have simillar statement. Besides WG could've said it rather than letting us know via CC's. You see where i'm pointing.
Anyway they reset all regardless of saying directly or not, thats good enough.

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Yeah, free cap reset is great. But if you're like me who googles a captain spec, or looks at wows wiki, you'll probably find the info isn't there yet. I'm not a power gamer, I put a little thought into my spec, but mostly I just want to plug in a jack of all trades captain and play.

Very few of my ships are set up as AA, my big fear will be that, as a mostly solo player, I will HAVE to use the AA skills if I want to survive. Especially if I'm in something big like Yamato. I remember playing Yamato before I got concealment expert, I got shot at all the time, I could not get into position. Will concealment still be viable on Yamato? Or any BB come to that?

Though its probably more concerning that I may no longer be able to stealth torp on IJN cruisers...

Actually does anyone know if the air spotting distance has changed?

Hey, you know how if a ship can spot you, its inside your detection range and you can shoot it? Could we do the same for planes? Hate being spotted by aircraft and unable to attack them. Yeah, I know it wouldn't be fair, as then they would be under attack as soon as they saw us.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles

When I think about it, I'm not sure if its the CV change itself which will be the big change. Its that or the first time in years, we will have CV's in almost all games. Even in the current game, if I play my Yamato like I usually do, slowly going forward, using islands cover, going bow on, reversing if need be. Basically acting as tank, I get hit by airborne torpedos easily. And yeah, I use concealment a lot, to heal up after I absorb a lot of HE spam. That does not happen when CVs are in game NOW. I was kind of hoping that CVs would be reduced to something that you could defend yourself against using current tactics. Still seems to be that there is no player skill based counter. Or at least not that that doesn't involve dodging and possibly exposing your side to enemies. I just hope their spotting ability gets nerfed to hell.

316 posts
2,336 battles
16 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

When I think about it, I'm not sure if its the CV change itself which will be the big change. Its that or the first time in years, we will have CV's in almost all games. Even in the current game, if I play my Yamato like I usually do, slowly going forward, using islands cover, going bow on, reversing if need be. Basically acting as tank, I get hit by airborne torpedos easily. And yeah, I use concealment a lot, to heal up after I absorb a lot of HE spam. That does not happen when CVs are in game NOW. I was kind of hoping that CVs would be reduced to something that you could defend yourself against using current tactics. Still seems to be that there is no player skill based counter. Or at least not that that doesn't involve dodging and possibly exposing your side to enemies. I just hope their spotting ability gets nerfed to hell.

Hi Grygus,

What you have pointed out is probably what many of us are thinking/asking. I know I am.

Here is the next video by Notser:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9HipuVkQ0&t=107s

Although from the point of view of CV play. The tactics are of interest. It's something that may be of use when countering CV attacks.

In last nights "Mingles with Jingles", he discussed a number of issues with the CV update and an interesting observation on "Toxicity" in WoWs. Personally I found it quite interesting. You may also, so here is the link:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HruV3dRwoxc

If anyone finds/has relative information to the subject of this thread. Please feel free to post that info or link here as that is the idea of this thread. I am trying to follow the info as it comes to hand but, getting older I am certainly bound to miss something. lol

Cheer's

Alex

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

1,562 posts
9,723 battles

Here is Fara doing some AA testing in a training room.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362315552?t=01h29m31s

Some takeaways:

1) Catapult fighters are devastating. If your squadron gets caught by one, it is basically sayonara for that entire squadron. Best to just hit F and return to the CV when that happens. F

2) Flak clouds do way too much damage. On the flip side, non-flak AA do too little.

3) You can actually dodge flak by starting your attack run early, so that your planes swoop below the flak clouds (if using torpedo bombers) or above and over (if using dive bombers). Of course the downside is it may mess up your attack run.

4) Planes seem to be extremely vulnerable to AA after they drop their payload. A lot of Fara's planes got shot down as they were turning and breaking off to return to the CV.

If you want to find out more about the new CVs you should check out Fara's Twitch or Youtube channel. He has been doing quite a bit of testing with different builds and stuff.

[HMASW]
1,683 posts
On 1/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, MD047 said:

There will be a ton of stuff CC's has to go though to suggest whats best after that update.

I refuse to let CCs dictate to me, how I should play any certain ship.... They contribute OPINIONS, fine.... But I'M not a stupid lemming, going to accept out of hand, anything a CC adds to comments... Just because they say something, doesn't mean I have to do what they say......

316 posts
2,336 battles
3 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I refuse to let CCs dictate to me, how I should play any certain ship.... They contribute OPINIONS, fine.... But I'M not a stupid lemming, going to accept out of hand, anything a CC adds to comments... Just because they say something, doesn't mean I have to do what they say......

Spot on.

The CC's should be taken with a grain of salt. It is up to us to assign skills that we are comfortable with. For those of us with a fair few ships that are played regularly this may take some time to work out. In the early days I found out quickly their own play styles are not the same as my own. They can only ever be a rough starting point that may be of use.

The thing that is usefull from these vids is to see how things are shaping up and for non CV players to see what we are facing and what we are getting as well.

B_T23

[CLAY]
595 posts
6,675 battles

Just watched Notsers round 3 DD AA video. At least AA is getting better. To defend yourself now you WILL have to learn how to use the sector system. Which I don't have a huge problem with.

What worry is that some AA skills, especially manual AA, become mandatory skills. I don't especially like high level skills becoming mandatory. They should be a choice, which can give you different options with your playstyle

With some practice, and master of the sector system, players should be able to reach a level of "acceptable" for damage mitigation from CVs, even BB players.

… 

… Damn, lost my train of thought.

Started writing this an hour ago then my sister asked if I wanted ice-cream, and well, an hour later here I am back. I did have more points to make, but can neither remember, or be bothered to make them now.

Here's to ice-cream.

1766746570_ICECEAM.jpg.c1d876ab32f81728eddd5ca86045645c.jpg

316 posts
2,336 battles

Here is Notsers latest and is rather more interesting as it is P+E V P+E in the trianing room. Random style:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL3VdhkOS34

13 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

… Damn, lost my train of thought.

Started writing this an hour ago then my sister asked if I wanted ice-cream, and well, an hour later here I am back. I did have more points to make, but can neither remember, or be bothered to make them now.

Here's to ice-cream.

1766746570_ICECEAM.jpg.c1d876ab32f81728eddd5ca86045645c.jpg

lol. Don't worry mate. Like donuts or pizza, ice cream takes absolute importance and attention at all times.

Alex

86 posts
22 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Yes captain, I agree with you about not taking CCs comments for final, And certainly not gonna spect my commander according to CCs. I watch many of them, they have different opinions. Will wait a fair amount to time to analyze those reworked skills before specing.

Good day.

316 posts
2,336 battles

2 Videos for you today,

Firstly Notser, CV Random style:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHcevEznx8A

And one from No Zoup who does a commentary on some over reactions to the changes:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wkq6O9gG5A&t=370s

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

316 posts
2,336 battles

Hi guys,

Allthough the patch notes are being covered in a different thread, I thought it reasonable to post here Notsers run through of these notes. He has promised to do more detailed videos relative to the changes. Where they potentially effect "Skill points", I will post the link here.

:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgJTR1ZAKwg&t=243s

B_T23

PS. I'm just in the middle of taking it easier with WoWs play so I might be abit slow in posting. (Tiredness has struck really hard).

A.

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

Sign in to follow this