Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stormcloak_Rebel

FDG: Lemon or OP of the seas?

11 comments in this topic

[TROLL]
266 posts
2,079 battles

I FXP'd from Bismarck after RN Jeebus blessed me with 50k fxp in a supercontainer. 

Her playstyle looks similar to Bismarck but comes with a larger health pool and a higher tier status but still a brawler through and through. Only noticeable defects are her weak torp protection and highly inflammable superstructure so far.

Should I let CA's throw a bonfire party while my secondaries do the work or should I improve the stock guns and hope they're not drunk enogh to mish teh tarrget

what say ye? 

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
2,148 posts
10,432 battles

She has been buffed recently so BFT AFT Manual secondaries are the recommended commander skills.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
805 posts
8,980 battles

Optimise your fdg gun first( you only got 8 )

and make sure you have fire prevention 

• Cool 1

[TROLL]
266 posts
2,079 battles
1 hour ago, Gummilicious said:

Optimise your fdg gun first( you only got 8 )

and make sure you have fire prevention 

Thanks for the tip! 🙂 

I think it'd be really cool if fire prevention could lower the number of deck fires to 2. Cause my moos captain has that skill and has seen no change in the number of deck fires (3 to be exact) before I trained that particular skill. 2 fires are manageable but 3 drain my HP a lot quicker and CAs take advantage of this weakness and mass spam all at once. 

[LONER]
98 posts
3,204 battles

Fires are infuriating, as is the mind-numbing inaccuracy of the main battery, but the reload is nice on the 40.6cm guns, so while you miss a lot, you get to send shells down range more often. I view my secondaries as a personal defence weapon system. Something to give anyone who gets too close second thoughts while my main battery is reloading, or frantically trying to swivel around to target. They're often good for 10-20k damage but I don't tend to push in early.

[*WARNING* I am terrible at the game, so take what I say with appropriate caution]

• Funny 1

[CRAZY]
37 posts
4,669 battles

Fdg is kinda good if you understand her. To me Fdg is better than iowa.. fire prevention is a must to have skill for durability. Once upgraded to hull B her main gun dispersion seems better..

Beta Tester
1,227 posts
9,922 battles

The recent buff put her Secondaries almost on par with those on Grosser Kurfurst. And similarly to Kurfurst, IFHE now allows her entire battery to penetrate 32mm plating.

• Cool 1

2,634 posts
6,886 battles

wait.... you dont like Bismarck?

[LBAS]
2,148 posts
10,432 battles
10 minutes ago, XP_On said:

wait.... you dont like Bismarck?

Its because of the recent buff for the Der Grosse, that 32mm penetration is very likely to have more secondary builds often.

1,517 posts
5,920 battles

I do much better in FdG after the buffs. German AP is very good, if they hurt they hurt a lot. Now with better accuracy.

I know I'm weird when I prefer guns with shorter reload time than guns with high-performance shells.

Secondary build is secondary for me (ba dum tss). I'd run a survival/main gun build + AR for FdG and GK. Even though I'd stay less than 15km away from the nearest enemy cruiser/BB.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this