Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waichung1823

Good News or bad news?

24 comments in this topic

458 posts
5,339 battles

Good because WG finally make up their minds. Since fire duration is something that all ships of a ship type have in common, I agree to this change. This is consistency and it is good. 

Bad because they aren't standard cruisers nor BBs. They are super/large cruisers. 45s is the only way to go.

Beta Tester
1,207 posts
8,329 battles

I don't think it'll affect Kronshtadt much, really. She's not a sit-and-tank type of ship and the 60-second DCP means fires won't normally be left to burn for duration anyway. I imagine Azuma and Alaska will fare similarly - if you're continually cruising around at speed and/or undetected often then this change will have little impact due to the fast DCP. These ships are far less vulnerable to fire and HE rain than Battleships for this reason, regardless of the burn duration.

Stalingrad might feel it a bit, though, having a more static playstyle. Since many players seem to be having trouble dealing with her in Randoms, maybe that's exactly what the Devs are aiming for.

[CLAY]
465 posts
6,451 battles
4 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Good because WG finally make up their minds. Since fire duration is something that all ships of a ship type have in common, I agree to this change. This is consistency and it is good. 

Bad because they aren't standard cruisers nor BBs. They are super/large cruisers. 45s is the only way to go.

Not Really bad, not really good. Just have to see what their survivability ends up looking like.

Maybe they should have split the difference, 52.5 secs :Smile-_tongue:

458 posts
5,339 battles
22 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Not Really bad, not really good. Just have to see what their survivability ends up looking like.

Maybe they should have split the difference, 52.5 secs :Smile-_tongue:

50s :Smile_hiding:

[LN]
174 posts
10,612 battles

Good news overall, since I build my captain skills for Krons litterally a BB build which focus on survivalbility, add on reduce fire signals then that not a big deal

226 posts
3,125 battles
1 hour ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Bad news.

It's a nerf to Premium.

Next stop, Belfast. Pls nerf/change whatever needed such that it can be sold in the shop again.

[SEARN]
617 posts
8,732 battles
6 minutes ago, James_T_Francisco said:

HELLO 

And hello to you. Welcome to the forum :cap_like:

[SEARN]
617 posts
8,732 battles
25 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

Next stop, Belfast. Pls nerf/change whatever needed such that it can be sold in the shop again.

Please sir you surely jest? As an owner of all of the OP never to be sold again ships I completely disagree with your suggestion for completely selfish reasons :cap_fainting:

RN is getting HMS Exeter T5 premium heavy cruiser soon™ anyway. So no need at all for Belfast as the RN is finally getting a purchasable premium cruiser :Smile_hiding:

1,249 posts
11,184 battles
1 小時前,zergling_ 說:

If they did that and sell Payfast,are you sure there won't be a second or third time of nerf?

458 posts
5,339 battles
46 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Please sir you surely jest? As an owner of all of the OP never to be sold again ships I completely disagree with your suggestion for completely selfish reasons :cap_fainting:

RN is getting HMS Exeter T5 premium heavy cruiser soon™ anyway. So no need at all for Belfast as the RN is finally getting a purchasable premium cruiser :Smile_hiding:

I'd probably post a premium ship suggestion thread with a few interesting (RN) boats in the near future... :Smile_hiding:

426 posts
7,712 battles

They won't do it. As if they give a f..k about balance? If they did they wouldn't have introduced all these premium ships that are op. They wouldn't allow premium ships in ranked or CW. The maps would be symmetrical so both sides have the EXACT same shapes to deal with. They will make up some BS...... 

226 posts
3,125 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 5:06 PM, User_1145141919810 said:

If they did that and sell Payfast,are you sure there won't be a second or third time of nerf?

That's allright. I want her because of reasons. Out of all ships modelled in the current meta, Belfast is the only one I have ever set my foot on in RL. (not that many still preserved today)

226 posts
3,125 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, HobartAWD said:

Yeh would have think the same thing if I were you :Smile_teethhappy: But I want her because of reasons.

[AMPOL]
145 posts
4,480 battles
On 1/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, zergling_ said:

I'm sure WG made a ton of cash by dangling Belfast etc. as xmas crate goodies, so it suits them to have mythical ships they can use as cash bait.

[SEARN]
617 posts
8,732 battles
2 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

Yeh would have think the same thing if I were you :Smile_teethhappy: But I want her because of reasons.

7 minutes ago, scottme said:

I'm sure WG made a ton of cash by dangling Belfast etc. as xmas crate goodies, so it suits them to have mythical ships they can use as cash bait.

Absolutely ridiculous that the largest and most active navy at the start of WW2 gets just one premium cruiser in game...….. and it cannot be bought anymore. :Smile_sad: 

Meanwhile Russian navy gets 13 premium cruisers (Tier 7 Lazo coming soon) despite being basically littoral and defensive in overall posture in WW2. Well this is true to all historians except Russian ones of course. :Smile_facepalm:

Even though I own Black and Belfast I am 100% fine with Belfast being "adjusted" to allow it to be sold again. Any ship that has radar and smoke at the same time, with the current radar meta is going to be very OP. I would expect (and pray) radar to be changed at some point during the year and as such ships like Belfast and Black are going to need to be tweaked to make them still viable. I would sincerely hope that Belfast would be able to be sold again at some point.

Really feel that the RN needs some love in the premium cruiser department 

458 posts
5,339 battles
5 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Really feel that the RN needs some love in the premium cruiser department 

I hope they eventually add Ceylon-subclass or Minotaur/Swiftsure (1943). And a CA line.

240 posts
8,481 battles

This kind nerf happens because they nerf azuma and alaska fire to 60 sec. and most player doesnt like this nerf, so they want korn and stalingrad got same treatment....

1,249 posts
11,184 battles
1 分鐘前,Gesterbein 說:

This kind nerf happens because they nerf azuma and alaska fire to 60 sec. and most player doesnt like this nerf, so they want korn and stalingrad got same treatment....

I don't like the nerf anyway.Supercrusiers don't have as good armor as BB,actually has much poorer survivability.

458 posts
5,339 battles
1 minute ago, User_1145141919810 said:

I don't like the nerf anyway.Supercrusiers don't have as good armor as BB,actually has much poorer survivability.

Agree. All of them should have 45s (Graf Spee included).

Sign in to follow this