Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

AA sectors

29 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,239 posts
12,387 battles

Hey @BIGCOREMKP0I you just said some stuff in game about AA sectors.

I haven't been keeping up with CV changes - I figured I would just learn the end result.

But what does the AA sector change thing mean?

Better AA?

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles

Pressing O on the PTS or the curve line button

CVs have 100%

BBs have 75%

Cruisers have 15% (before pre-buff in round 2)

Destroyers have 10% (before prebuff on round2)

Each AA on ships focuses side per side but has a delay of 10 seconds, also known as better AA  on left or right side.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles

AA Sectors isn't final, so there are chances it might get removed and we have still the target priority for aircraft.

54cd4adc-d2db-11e8-a7aa-d89d6715223c.jpg

@Max_Battle here's what i'm saying, by pressing ~ or O. this appears, selecting a sector will increase your AA power by that side while the other side will be less effective.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Cool 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,239 posts
12,387 battles

Ah, ok I see. Thanks.

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles

1 minute ago, Max_Battle said:

Ah, ok I see. Thanks.

It wasn't great overall, so it has a high chance of getting it removed.

Catapult fighters are being changed recently, 30 seconds isn't enough to punch down aircraft.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,239 posts
12,387 battles

One of the reasons I bought Indianapolis was because it seemed it could do fleet AA protection.

Do the CV changes mean this is no longer true? 

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

One of the reasons I bought Indianapolis was because it seemed it could do fleet AA protection.

Do the CV changes mean this is no longer true? 

You bought the right cruiser, but be ready for Atlanta.

AA Sectors will be removed by round 2 as many players does'nt seem to like its taste and the function is wonky.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,239 posts
12,387 battles
28 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

You bought the right cruiser, but be ready for Atlanta.

AA Sectors will be removed by round 2 as many players does'nt seem to like its taste and the function is wonky.

"Muuuuuum! @BIGCOREMKP0I said I have to buy Atlanta! Can I have some money mum? MUUUUUUUUUUUM!?!?!?!?!?"

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles
2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

"Muuuuuum! @BIGCOREMKP0I said I have to buy Atlanta! Can I have some money mum? MUUUUUUUUUUUM!?!?!?!?!?"

guess i'll be buying 3 ships for my B-day *COUGH*

Image result for japanese aa cruiser

or wait for this Japanese atlanta like cruiser.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles

Akizuki, Lightning and gearing are the Best Anti Air DDs as of now with the meta

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,239 posts
12,387 battles
4 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Akizuki, Lightning and gearing are the Best Anti Air DDs as of now with the meta

For tech tree ships?

What of Sims and Kidd?

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

For tech tree ships?

What of Sims and Monaghan?

Fixed. 

shluld be Monaghan since that aa has the same of farragut in terms of AA Level.

• Cool 1

[TWR]
1,181 posts
4,543 battles
2 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Catapult fighters are being changed recently, 30 seconds isn't enough to punch down aircraft.

I was reading this on the NA forum yesterday on how non CV's are affected by the upcoming changes:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/178504-the-080-cvaa-update-has-a-lot-more-changes-than-you-know/

Is this all still in flux,or do some of them seem final ( I haven't been following the CV changes overall as it I thought the main changes were to the CV themselves). Didn't realise just how much of an overhaul WG were looking at doing.

[MRI]
1,856 posts
10,798 battles

Does anyone else think Ryuujou should be swapped for Hiryuu in the new CV line up? It feels weird to me that USN has a standard carrier at Tier 6 (Ranger) while the IJN counterpart at Tier 6 is a light carrier (Ryuujou). Hiryuu would make more sense at Tier 6. Or is its AA too high for that Tier?

(Yes I know WG published that screenshot showing the Hiryuu in a potential 2nd CV line, but that is no guarantee that it will ever see the light of day)

Edited by Thyaliad

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles
6 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Does anyone else think Ryuujou should be swapped for Hiryuu in the new CV line up? It feels weird to me that USN has a standard carrier at Tier 6 (Ranger) while the IJN counterpart at Tier 6 is a light carrier (Ryuujou). Hiryuu would make more sense at Tier 6. Or is its AA too high for that Tier?

Zuiho and RJ are both Tier 6s, Hiryu stated as Tier 8 but will be downtiered to 7 if Akagi was restored in the game specifically.

6 hours ago, BanditSE1977 said:

I was reading this on the NA forum yesterday on how non CV's are affected by the upcoming changes:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/178504-the-080-cvaa-update-has-a-lot-more-changes-than-you-know/

Is this all still in flux,or do some of them seem final ( I haven't been following the CV changes overall as it I thought the main changes were to the CV themselves). Didn't realise just how much of an overhaul WG were looking at doing.

@BanditSE1977 Yes, the AAA isn't final as is but more players outrage of the trash AA during those 3 days of the PTS Round 1, it got lethal yesterday that you almost have no chance of hitting surfaced ships. The AAA is being tested at this point, Round 2 will adjust more on the AA and the Brit CVs, as well as the new CV Split line too.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
1,178 posts
8,066 battles

Does anyone know if Catapult fighter still has ship and torpedo spotting ability? Or is it purely for AA now. Cause I recall somewhere saying that planes can no longer detect torpedos (though that may have been re-changed… hard to keep up with all the changes). For that matter, can spotter plane still detect ships and torpedos too?

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles
28 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Does anyone know if Catapult fighter still has ship and torpedo spotting ability? Or is it purely for AA now. Cause I recall somewhere saying that planes can no longer detect torpedos (though that may have been re-changed… hard to keep up with all the changes). For that matter, can spotter plane still detect ships and torpedos too?

They will be spotting enemy torpedoes.

Spotters remains unchanged. they can still spot torpedoes and ships.

Its still on testing as far as i know. itll change drastically. i mean 30 seconds is just damn not enough.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,239 posts
12,387 battles
18 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Mmm. I like that they at least say known AA ships will remain so.

[LBAS]
2,151 posts
10,685 battles
32 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Mmm. I like that they at least say known AA ships will remain so.

MUH ATLANTA AA

Also stealth firing is reintroduced again, im liking the change.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Funny 1

[TWR]
1,181 posts
4,543 battles

LOL!

Following your discussions about current state of AA balance (or, according to many of you, complete lack of it) on PTS, I would like to give you a quick update.

WG: why you complain and make more work for us,everything ok!   😄

I haven't done any PTS before,is it usual for so many changes to be happening with a few weeks to go to live?Seems like they should be smoothing things out,not doing big changes this late to me.

[MRI]
1,856 posts
10,798 battles
1 hour ago, BanditSE1977 said:

I haven't done any PTS before,is it usual for so many changes to be happening with a few weeks to go to live?Seems like they should be smoothing things out,not doing big changes this late to me.

Yeah it is a bit unsettling to me that we are only about 3 weeks left before going live and WG are still making big changes like removing AA sectors and removing the overlapping of AA auras. At this point of time, gameplay mechanics should have been finalised with just some fine-tuning. Plus there is still no word about how the Premium CVs are going to be balanced.

This is heading to another Graf Zeppelin fiasco, I tell ya. It is the exact same thing. Gameplay were not yet finalised but WG decided to rush out an unfinished and unbalanced product just to meet a deadline.

• Cool 2

1,852 posts
6,024 battles
1 minute ago, Thyaliad said:

This is heading to another Graf Zeppelin fiasco, I tell ya. It is the exact same thing.

Not the same thing. This is of a more massive scale.

Sign in to follow this