Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_FARANK_

My wish towards Wargaming...

9 comments in this topic

[FFD]
173 posts
3,668 battles

So before you wish me a new year, here is how my year started.

image.thumb.png.707a95ae55109ce0688e25e597241d10.png

it happens like 5% of my total gaming life, which is game crash, this time it happened when my internet just dropped for ONE second, just one second alright? and the game threw me back to Login screen just for that. and As usual I take 1 mins and 30 seconds average loading time means its 2 more minutes of waste. as a result, when I tried again, after the loading completed the game entirely crashed. its becoming more and more common as more updates rolling out. This time the game managed to almost crash my windows.

Dear WG, please do something so we can reconnect in the middle of the game, peacefully and plainly, instead of logging in and loading the entire game from beginning again. Just like in World of Warships blitz where a reconnect button pops up in case of such connection drops.

(not to mention I had to retype my password for "security reasons" since im relying on a trash service game center)

I hope im not alone.

Happy New Year to everyone. :cap_popcorn:

PC specs : intel Core i3 2.3 ghz lappy, 7 years old. integrated video card of 512mb.

[-ISO-]
771 posts
5,617 battles

This also happens to me too. But it's quite rare tho. 

[KAMI]
1,021 posts
10,440 battles
1 hour ago, Labeat said:

PC specs : intel Core i3 2.3 ghz lappy, 7 years old. integrated video card of 512mb.

Go upgrade dude...

Custom PC or custom prebuild pc 

WoWs is also discontinuing support for 32-bit (x86) operating systems and pre-10.1 versions of DirectX. 

Which i dont think your video card supports directx11 and above

[FFD]
173 posts
3,668 battles
3 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

Go upgrade dude...

I dont have money, atleast for this year, gotta wait 2020 for next rig.

3 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

For some reason, it does, I played with Dx11 option in laptop, even tho crash rate is more.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,115 posts
4,432 battles
10 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

Go upgrade dude...

WoWs is also discontinuing support for 32-bit (x86) operating systems and pre-10.1 versions of DirectX. 

OR let some 32-biter dont play the game and see if WG gets attention or not.

• Funny 1

543 posts
1,474 battles
11 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

Go upgrade dude...

WOWS is a Online game, I am not convinced that the problem was caused by my PC only. as I saw people dropped from battle one by one, while I could still connect to other Japanese sites with good internet speed.

and please note that WOWS is a 32 bit up to this moment.

[KAMI]
1,021 posts
10,440 battles
11 hours ago, tsuenwan said:

WOWS is a Online game, I am not convinced that the problem was caused by my PC only. as I saw people dropped from battle one by one, while I could still connect to other Japanese sites with good internet speed.

and please note that WOWS is a 32 bit up to this moment.

If is server fault , you wont be getting "World of warships is not responding"

Rather it just disconnect you from the game server  and not crash the whole game

Yes is 32bits for now but they are gradually transitioning to 64bit, article here states since nov 2018:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/32-bit-of-ram-on-the-wall/

Rather you start earlier..

Edited by Gummilicious

[TROLL]
404 posts
3,047 battles

Have you tried vigorously smacking the CPU cabinet? Works with my tv remote!   

543 posts
1,474 battles
14 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

If is server fault , you wont be getting "World of warships is not responding"

Rather it just disconnect you from the game server  and not crash the whole game

Yes is 32bits for now but they are gradually transitioning to 64bit, article here states since nov 2018:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/32-bit-of-ram-on-the-wall/

Rather you start earlier..

32 bit Windows does limit the physical memory resources to 3G usually. However,  There would be resource warning for low memory reflected in the Windows Event Viewer,  when memory running low. you will see a lot of swapping (virtual memory can be greater than 3G)and slow down happened also, when memory is low. This low resource warning happened long before the software running out of memory.

From my experience for WOWS. Only clean disconnection will likely to get "World of warships is not responding", WOWS crashes happened. and never I have never seen memory or storage resource warning once in the windows event viewer.  I check the internet performance to Japan and usually the connections were good all the time.

I have yet to see any clear correlation between crash and hardware/software specs as I have WOWS running on machines with different ages and specs on 32 and 64 bit OSs. My main gaming machine has 64G of memory still crashed no more no less than my 4G laptop running 32 bits.

And from my work experience, I could certainly say software crashes had more to do of how the software handles and report the error, rather than hardware alone. updating hardware without knowing what resources actually lacking, and it just wont resolve problem yet money spent.  User software can be crashed by problem in the server, client and the internet if those errors are not handled properly. WOWS had its own process monitors and crash detectors, but so far the crash report only worked randomly, and it is a sign of poor error handling.

Edited by tsuenwan

Sign in to follow this