Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MD047

Is Jean Bart Over rated ?

21 comments in this topic

13 posts

For those who already have Jean Bart please share your opinion about the ship. 
1. Her 32MM plating all over makes her very weak against HE in general.

2. High caliber shells from Yamato/Musashi Can pen her from almost any angle. 

3. No spotter or hydro means she doesn't have much to do when it comes to deal with DDs. 

4.Lowest HP pool which is another point on the downside.

5. Her guns get knocked out often.

Also everyone aware of Alsace got nerfed on the sigma to justify a t9 premium ship (Jean Bart) to have a place in the line which is still controversial topic.

Even some people says its better on t8. 

So the question rises whether she is over rated by some people or she is actually worth getting. Please share your thought with situation where you've found her level best. 

Edited by MD047

13 posts
28 minutes ago, Commander_GALEN said:

Worth getting! Highly recommended! At first I thought she was weak, looks weak outside but internally beast! 

Thanks for your replay. But please point out some good use/ fitting playstyle where you've found her properly.

13 posts
17 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I think yes, slightly overrated. CCs created the hype mostly. It's not OP by any means.

Yes not all CCs but some was so hype about it, and many people ended up buying the ship, But they forgot one thing about other players that not everyone understands the true potential of every ship in the game. 

Beta Tester
1,207 posts
8,322 battles
1 hour ago, MD047 said:

2. High caliber shells from Yamato/Musashi Can per her from almost any angle. 

3. No spotter or hydro means she doesn't have much to do when it comes to deal with DDs. 

Also everyone aware of Alsace got nerfed on the sigma to justify a t9 premium ship (Jean Bart) to have a place in the line which is still controversial topic.

So the question rises whether she is over rated by some people or she is actually worth getting. Please share your thought with situation where you've found her level best. 

1. True enough, but she's not alone when it comes to a 32mm deck.

2. As above, many Battleships have a hard time against 460mm salvoes.

3. A plane would certainly be nice at times.

4. Yep, she's not particularly tanky.

5. Haven't noticed this personally, although I generally don't try to sit bow-on and tank damage with her.

Alsace got nerfed because she was seriously overperforming. If they gave certain Premium ships the same treatment the game would become a lot healthier.

Jean Bart was originally set at Tier 8 but early testing showed that she was too strong there.

I don't know if she's overrated or not, depends who you listen to I suppose. For me, I like her. She's fast and flexible, like a battlecruiser, but when the opportunity arises she can wreck broadsides with unbridled fury. She's fairly easy to use as long as you're not too reckless - she's not very forgiving of mistakes so choose your beserker moments carefully. Once you get a feel for it Jean Bart is very fun to play. Also, she doesn't need to worry about CVs too much, which might be even more important after the rework.

436 posts
5,332 battles

Japanese swords, to me, are good, but overrated. That is an IRL analogy in this situation.
Just like Yamato or JB or Bourgogne. Good, but overrated regardless.
Musashi? Undeniably OP and needs to be removed.

WG need to add Strasbourg (Dunkek's heavily protected sister) as a T7 with MBRB.

Riche T8 - JB T9 with MBRB
Alsace T9 - Bourgogne T10 with MBRB.
Dunkek T6 - Strasbourg T7 with MBRB.

WHAT CAN GO WRONG???

Edited by Paladinum
Wrong Tiers of Dunk and Stras

13 posts
1 hour ago, Unraveler said:

1. True enough, but she's not alone when it comes to a 32mm deck.

2. As above, many Battleships have a hard time against 460mm salvoes.

3. A plane would certainly be nice at times.

4. Yep, she's not particularly tanky.

5. Haven't noticed this personally, although I generally don't try to sit bow-on and tank damage with her.

Alsace got nerfed because she was seriously overperforming. If they gave certain Premium ships the same treatment the game would become a lot healthier.

Jean Bart was originally set at Tier 8 but early testing showed that she was too strong there.

I don't know if she's overrated or not, depends who you listen to I suppose. For me, I like her. She's fast and flexible, like a battlecruiser, but when the opportunity arises she can wreck broadsides with unbridled fury. She's fairly easy to use as long as you're not too reckless - she's not very forgiving of mistakes so choose your beserker moments carefully. Once you get a feel for it Jean Bart is very fun to play. Also, she doesn't need to worry about CVs too much, which might be even more important after the rework.

Yes, your points are fair. I do listen to many if not all of the CCs but about cirtain ships I don't agree and Jean Bart is one of them. 

She can work out as some other people recommanded in the replay or at least I will give it a try. 
This CV rework concerns me as well. Anyway thanks for the points.

13 posts
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Japanese swords, to me, are good, but overrated. That is an IRL analogy in this situation.

WG need to add Strasbourg (Dunkek's heavily protected sister) as a T8 with MBRB.

Dunkek T7 - Strasbourg T8 with MBRB.

WHAT CAN GO WRONG???

Ya what can possibly go wrong ! lol

271 posts
3,472 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

WG need to add Strasbourg (Dunkek's heavily protected sister) as a T8 with MBRB.

Dunkek T7 - Strasbourg T8 with MBRB.

WHAT CAN GO WRONG???

Dunkerque is T6, so if Strasbourg was added with the same concept as Jean Bart or Bourgogne, she would be tier 7.

[SEARN]
608 posts
8,696 battles

No not at all over rated, just perhaps more situational due to being up tiered due to gimmick of MGRB.

I find her fun to play as I like BBs that reward a slightly more aggressive playstyle and JB is able to exploit target opportunities that other BBs would miss. MGRB is very strong when an opportunity to make full use of it presents itself.

The points you list affect all BBs that suffer from 32mm plating/deck and lack of spotter/hydro. As far as the guns go I'm not experiencing them getting knocked out, but I'm don't bow tank unless I am against ships that will struggle against my armour.

436 posts
5,332 battles
56 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Dunkerque is T6, so if Strasbourg was added with the same concept as Jean Bart or Bourgogne, she would be tier 7.

I even forgot Dunkek is T6, lol :Smile_teethhappy:

[LN]
173 posts
10,578 battles
17 hours ago, MD047 said:

2. High caliber shells from Yamato/Musashi Can pen her from almost any angle. 

well technically the YamaSushi pens everything in the game, so its fine in balances way :fish_book:

13 posts
1 hour ago, HumbleMumble said:

well technically the YamaSushi pens everything in the game, so its fine in balances way :fish_book:

ha ha, yes Balanced that way. You know that's the only thing why people play Yamsushi, without those heavy punch none would even bother to take a look at them.

177 posts
5,771 battles

I got a fair experience with her, yes she is slightly overrated. What others said are true.

She's a beast in the late game, but that also means she relies too much on teammates in the early. I had a few good games with her and to be honest i'm not comfortable using her with the HE meta still around.

You don't tank with her, her outfit is very misleading. You use speed boost and play like a cruiser. Also I haven't got my guns knocked out that much.

She looks good, but not recommended.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.039a68f90f76e918bd80f09e54df8b95.png

image.thumb.png.d2fb4a0b8be9ba8c04f1fdba2d7e8bef.png

image.thumb.png.39b90468798aef0c1caf32ba0410d9ef.png

image.thumb.png.a5c7182a19205969dea85ea3d808f885.png

I didn't plan on getting her at first but then I fooled myself that WG giving out free coal everyday with snowflakes so I give it a try :cap_old:

13 posts
14 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

No not at all over rated, just perhaps more situational due to being up tiered due to gimmick of MGRB.

I find her fun to play as I like BBs that reward a slightly more aggressive playstyle and JB is able to exploit target opportunities that other BBs would miss. MGRB is very strong when an opportunity to make full use of it presents itself.

The points you list affect all BBs that suffer from 32mm plating/deck and lack of spotter/hydro. As far as the guns go I'm not experiencing them getting knocked out, but I'm don't bow tank unless I am against ships that will struggle against my armour.

Yes thats true about 32MM plating ships. She takes slightly more damage than other ships though. But the reload and reload booster on the guns are great combo shows more potential with special french commander who have better AR.

13 posts
4 minutes ago, ColonelRVH said:

I got a fair experience with her, yes she is slightly overrated. What others said are true.

She's a beast in the late game, but that also means she relies too much on teammates in the early. I had a few good games with her and to be honest i'm not comfortable using her with the HE meta still around.

You don't tank with her, her outfit is very misleading. You use speed boost and play like a cruiser. Also I haven't got my guns knocked out that much.

She looks good, but not recommended.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.039a68f90f76e918bd80f09e54df8b95.png

image.thumb.png.d2fb4a0b8be9ba8c04f1fdba2d7e8bef.png

image.thumb.png.39b90468798aef0c1caf32ba0410d9ef.png

image.thumb.png.a5c7182a19205969dea85ea3d808f885.png

I didn't plan on getting her at first but then I fooled myself that WG giving out free coal everyday with snowflakes so I give it a try :cap_old:

Your points are true as some others says she is a late game beast. And she is more like a cruiser with heavy guns. 

Sign in to follow this