You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinbarAu

Match Making hates me.

61 comments in this topic

211 posts
4,356 battles

I'm not the best player.

I'm not brilliant, but I watch videos on how to improve and try to implement what is suggested.

I try to win, to not over extend (This still happens far too often), to do my best.

Yet, after the 4th game in a row where my side points out....that is, was reduced to 0 points...Well, the 3rd one, was close, between us reaching 0 points and the other team reaching 1000 without loosing a ship...

I have to ask, what the hell is up with the match making? Have they changed something that puts the teams together?

Or is it just my luck to be constantly stuck with teams of people who are seemingly going out of their way to loose? I mean, I average being in the top 5 mostly (except when I over extend and die, but I am trying to work on that), so why am I constantly matched with teams that just.... fold.

I've been keeping track, the past 20 games, I have played in Random Battles, I've lost 18. Top 6 for every single one. Across Tier 6-10 matches.

Yeah, I'm ranting, but, I am really trying to find a reason not to just walk away.

Edited by FinbarAu

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
23 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

I'm not the best player.

I'm not brilliant, but I watch videos on how to improve and try to implement what is suggested.

I try to win, to not over extend (This still happens far too often), to do my best.

Yet, after the 4th game in a row where my side points out....that is, was reduced to 0 points...Well, the 3rd one, was close, between us reaching 0 points and the other team reaching 1000 without loosing a ship...

I have to ask, what the hell is up with the match making? Have they changed something that puts the teams together?

Or is it just my luck to be constantly stuck with teams of people who are seemingly going out of their way to loose? I mean, I average being in the top 5 mostly (except when I over extend and die, but I am trying to work on that), so why am I constantly matched with teams that just.... fold.

I've been keeping track, the past 20 games, I have played in Random Battles, I've lost 18. Top 6 for every single one. Across Tier 6-10 matches.

Yeah, I'm ranting, but, I am really trying to find a reason not to just walk away.

But seriously, I feel your pain man.

468 posts
4,675 battles

Bad MM doesn't always means bad.

Bad MM means that you should've learn to share victories with others.

There are thousands of players in WoWS and some of them needs victories. Not only you

Except if you are a super unicum that can alter MM's decision.

[HMASW]
1,688 posts

Don't press battle on button, change tiers after every battle,  shoot RNGesus if you see him, & play for fun.....

They are my recommended actions to take.

Ordrazz

211 posts
4,356 battles

Playing for fun means getting a chance to do so. If I take out my Bismark, I don't expect to spend 50% of the match on fire and unable to return fire.

If I take out my US Cruiser, do I expect to be multiple citadeled by a german BB from half way across the map on a blind shot?......and then I take out an IJN DD and over extend because I am heading for the cap with 4 other players, but when I look up from examinging the area in front of me, I realise they have buggered off to another cap, leaving me alone.....

All this happening constantly.

53 posts
8,830 battles

Wait for CV rework - and just keep on bombing, torping and rocket launching till the worlds end. 

I think there are going to be unlimited planes. 

Win Rate and Damage dealt numbers will definitely improve after CV rework i think 

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
8 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

Playing for fun means getting a chance to do so. If I take out my Bismark, I don't expect to spend 50% of the match on fire and unable to return fire.

If I take out my US Cruiser, do I expect to be multiple citadeled by a german BB from half way across the map on a blind shot?......and then I take out an IJN DD and over extend because I am heading for the cap with 4 other players, but when I look up from examinging the area in front of me, I realise they have buggered off to another cap, leaving me alone.....

Ironic that I should recently withdraw a post I made a couple of weeks back and in doing so say I have empathy for people making rant/angry posts as I have had my fair share.

I took 10 days off the game.

Best thing I could have done.

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,522 battles

That's the reason i spam CO-OP. At least i dont feel bad when i was the top scoreboard in losing match or being the useless piece of s*** in winning match. 

Run premium ship + premium time + signal + flag will ease your pain. 

Super Tester
1,372 posts
28 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

You are about to trigger the "play for phun" community...

:Smile_hiding:

Or the "I just play Co-op only" community......

Every time I win a co-op match with flags + signals + premium + bonuses....

Jim Halpert With The Fist Pump GIF - TheOffice Yes Fist GIFs

468 posts
4,675 battles
12 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Or the "I just play Co-op only" community......

Every time I win a co-op match with flags + signals + premium + bonuses....

I'm here too comrade

[LNA]
1,735 posts
10,986 battles
1 hour ago, FinbarAu said:

I'm not the best player.

Then walk away and come back later. The lingering effects are making you worse off. Why not do something else and forget about it for a week or two ? I mean taking your family for a trip or go hiking may relieve the symptoms. It's nearly new year.

228 posts
3,684 battles
1 hour ago, FinbarAu said:

.....going out of their way to loose?

Speaking of morons........it's "lose".
They may very well be loose, but that doesn't mean that they want to deliberately lose.

Edited by HenryCrun

[PEEDZ]
43 posts
6,513 battles
11 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

Wait, people actually waste their flags and camos on a coop match? :Smile_veryhappy:

Some don't change their load-out for every game, the ships got on it what i had.

Also i see/use co-op as a time/reward equation, if it's just wins needed for mission/module hits then it's quicker to do it in co-op with certain ships.

XP/FXP/caps etc then randoms can be better, again depends upon mission requirements. like say the third week of PEF missions, some of them i'll do in co-op to get them quickly. but the 4th weeks credit grind will be done in randoms as you get more of that than co-op.

Snowflake event, i'm not doing 120 ships with 50%wr @15min games when i can 99% @ 7mins. and i wouldn't expect anyone else to.

Edited by Snow75

Super Tester
1,372 posts
12 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

Wait, people actually waste their flags and camos on a coop match? :Smile_veryhappy:

It's not a waste at all if that's the only mode you play........

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
10 minutes ago, HenryCrun said:

Speaking of morons........it's "lose".
They may very well be loose, but that doesn't mean that they want to deliberately lose.

Poor bloke is looking for some sympathy because he has had a run of bung luck and your response is to go all grammar Nazi on his sorry butt while he's down...

Classy.

[HMASW]
1,688 posts
3 hours ago, FinbarAu said:

Sounds normal to me, whatcha complaining about?

:Smile_child:

[CLAY]
596 posts
6,675 battles
3 hours ago, FinbarAu said:

That is... kinda what I expect to happen whenever I take those boats out. It’s not so much the players, it’s the meta.

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,522 battles
7 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

1) Sometime when MM mess with you, there are actually not much you can do. 

2) Some teams just can't be carried.

MM.jpg

Zzz.. That personal rating... Wish i can be that Pro lol