Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grumps_1963

How is credit for captures awarded?

11 comments in this topic

75 posts
662 battles

Something that is consistently happening lately is that I am am the first ship into a cap. One or two other ships arrive when the counter is about 50% and I only receive the assisted in capture ribbon even though my DD was the only ship in the cap for the whole time.

2,628 posts
6,886 battles
45 minutes ago, Grumps_1963 said:

One or two other ships arrive when the counter is about 50%

so when you capture the cap, are you alone or with other?

if more than 1 ship then it will be assist in capture,

if you are alone, then it will be capture flag

[SEARN]
626 posts
9,017 battles

The more ships capping the quicker you will cap up to a max of 3 ships? Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you have been the major contributor to the cap you will get xp based on how much you have contributed to the cap. 

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,522 battles
56 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

The more ships capping the quicker you will cap up to a max of 3 ships? Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you have been the major contributor to the cap you will get xp based on how much you have contributed to the cap. 

I think can be more than 3. But One ship entered wil be 60 second cap, two or more ships will be 40 sec cap, it won't speed up the process if there is 5 or 6 ships 

But the ribbon for  'Assisting in Capture' max only for 3 ships. 

However, 

Cappoints are divided for among the player that is inside the cap. Thus, any ships will have cappoints which can be lost if one leaves the cap or hit by enemy. 

For Instance, if you had 4 ships capping then every ship had capping points and anyone leaving the cap lost his cappoint and longer the capping time 

Example:

- Ship A starts capping and caps alone for 30s, then the cap is at 50% 

- Ship B enters the cap at this point and they both cap now untill the cap reaches 75%

- Ship C enters and all 3 cap untill the cap reaches 90%

Then:

Ship A has 50%+ 12.5% +5%= 67.5% of a full cap

Ship B has 12.5% + 5% = 17.5% of a full cap

Ship C has 5% of a full cap

Any ship that got hit by eneny will lost cappoints (A loses 33,75% of a full cap, B loses 8.75% of a full cap, and C loses 2.5% of a full cap). Ship that leave the cap, will lost its entire cappoints. 

Source 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/ru/Ship:Захват_баз

Edited by waichung1823

1,562 posts
9,723 battles
2 hours ago, Grumps_1963 said:

Something that is consistently happening lately is that I am am the first ship into a cap. One or two other ships arrive when the counter is about 50% and I only receive the assisted in capture ribbon even though my DD was the only ship in the cap for the whole time.

Were you hit by an enemy after the the friendly ships entered the cap?

Because if you are hit, your cap points goes back to 0, while the friendly ship still retains their cap points. So when the cap is taken, the friendly ship will have more cap points than you, thus you will only get the assisted with capture ribbon.

Edited by Thyaliad

75 posts
662 battles
27 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Because if you are hit, your cap points goes back to 0, while the friendly ship still retains their cap points. So when the cap is taken, the friendly ship will have more cap points than you, thus you will only get the assisted with capture ribbon.

No, I have was undamaged during this time. I just was not clear on how the capture was awarded.

176 posts
368 battles
31 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

i thought anyone within the cap will get assisted instead :V

are you sure its possible to get capture medal when there is 2 or 3 ship in cap?

1,562 posts
9,723 battles
1 minute ago, Akyamarukh said:

are you sure its possible to get capture medal when there is 2 or 3 ship in cap?

I thought that was the case. I could be wrong though.

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles
29 minutes ago, Akyamarukh said:

Yes, its possible. If you already captured over 90% alone, you get captured ribbon.

(that number isnt accurate, a rough estimation)

Sign in to follow this