Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

What the bratwurst do I do with 150mm German DDs!?

11 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,269 posts
12,449 battles

Since @HobartAWD threatened to kicka my dog if I didn't buy a Z-39 I felt I had no choice but to invest.

Which is odd as I don't have a dog.

Dammit this has backfired.

My neighbour's dog barks annoying all the time, if I had refused to buy the Z-39 and then told him the neighbours dog was MY dog I could have killed two birds with... ahem, but I digress.

Back on topic please (I have hijacked my OWN thread in the first post... I am the master of misdirect... OH LOOK A SQUIRREL!)

I bought a Z-39. See pic below.

I have no German DD captain to speak of at the moment so I am starting from scratch.

What are the ins and out of a 150mm armed DD?

Of course there will be no BFT or AFT - but is it a simple matter of just spending those skills on things like faster torp reload and RDF?

Should I decide beforehand if a given German DD should have 2 captains?

Or do you think generally that German DD's can get away without having AFT or BFT regardless of the calibre of their main guns?

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.12.29 - 20.12.11.05.png

• Funny 1

1,879 posts
6,031 battles

Strangely enough, the 1/4 HE pen rule isn't present on German DDs, which is on the cruisers and BBs (even BB main guns).

BFT and AFT should work on all DD guns, just the bonuses for 140mm and more are less than 139mm and less. It doesn't even matter that much, German DD range isn't any better than US DDs. Like this:
BFT gives 5 - 8% faster reload for DD guns 140 mm and larger.
AFT gives 10-12% more range for DD guns 140 mm and larger.

Btw I've completed my proposed German 150 mm DD line. The T10 is f**king glorious.

Edited by Paladinum

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,269 posts
12,449 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Strangely enough, the 1/4 HE pen rule isn't present on German DDs, which is on the cruisers and BBs (even BB main guns).

BFT and AFT should work on all DD guns, just the bonuses for 140mm and more are less than 139mm and less. It doesn't even matter that much, German DD range isn't any better than US DDs.
BFT gives 5 - 8% faster reload for DD guns 140 mm and larger.
AFT gives 5 - 8% more range for DD guns 140 mm and larger.

Btw I've completed my proposed German 150 mm DD line. The T10 is f**king glorious.

Erm.

Wut?

Are you saying you propose those changes or that's how you think BFT and AFT work...?

1,879 posts
6,031 battles
32 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Are you saying you propose those changes or that's how you think BFT and AFT work...?

Suggestions, of course.

Are my writings that ambiguous??? :Smile_sad:

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,269 posts
12,449 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

Suggestions, of course.

Are my writings that ambiguous??? :Smile_sad:

LOL, sorry, yes 😄

Not to worry. I was just after advice on 150mm DDs as they stand... 😛

1,879 posts
6,031 battles
11 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

LOL, sorry, yes 😄

Not to worry. I was just after advice on 150mm DDs as they stand... 😛

Well the, what can I say about a ship I don't have...

On Z-23, four 128 mm guns give higher shell/minute than five 150 mm guns.
But those 150 mm pack a punch. Z-39 may not be your best bet in a DD gunfight due to the reload, but as for my experience on high tier German boats, she may be very versatile. I wouldn't recommend DE or IFHE but if you want, you totally should, but for German DDs, other skills may be more helpful. Z-39 has only 4 guns so gunfight will not be a strong point. I can't even properly fight an IJN torpboat with Z-23.
Spot torps with Hydro, burn down larger ships, use torps against DDs, pick your DD fights.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,269 posts
12,449 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Good_Citizen said:

I'm thinking of getting the Z39.

I found this helpful. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/158757-premium-ship-review-z-39/

Getting good information on the SEA forum is an oxymoron.

Yeah I am always reading her reviews. I actually read that one when I was tossing up between T-61 and Z-39 some time ago.

I chose T-61 at the time.

Today I chose Z-39 🙂

I get good information on this forum all the time though.

Like anywhere or any group of people, you just need to sift and compare, and ultimately try it for yourself to see if you agree.

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,180 battles

I almost bought it, but then suddenly I clicked on Leningrad..... Well, I don't even Know why I bought that either, since the only t7 DD I play is Sims.

Sims is wifu!!

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,550 posts
5,145 battles

I got the z39 in  Santa Crate.  I've got  the Mahan Sims, Jervis, and Akatsuki and Shiratsuyu and prefer them all over it.  It might be the lack of games in it and it might be better than I think it is.

2q0ca0.jpg

Sign in to follow this