Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HenryCrun

Why are the Co-op (PvE) battles so short?

27 comments in this topic

228 posts
3,740 battles

I've been playing this game for three years...mostly in PvE...and over the past couple of weeks (maybe longer) I have never seen a game lasting longer than 12 minutes.
What has happened to the bots? Have they had their AI removed?

Something is wrong.

475 posts
1,538 battles

Nope, there was few game PVE i have played last more than 12 min, even 20 min i have played recently. 

But sometimes PVE battles ended really weird, like there was one enemy ship left, then the game ended...... 

[CLAY]
1,494 posts
9,281 battles

Co-op was originally implemented to allow players to try out their ships in a non PvP environment. The bots have mostly just been moving targets, just hard enough so they don’t get beaten before other players have a chance to attack.

And having a fast match is good if you are one of those people who prefer to grind in co-op. With the fast matches and near guaranteed win, a good player can grind faster in co-op than random.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,115 posts
7,667 battles

Henry Crun!

Welcome back.

Minny has missed you!

• Funny 1

228 posts
3,740 battles
56 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Henry Crun!

Welcome back.

Minny has missed you!

LOL! 😀
I've been playing but not posting.

228 posts
3,740 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Co-op was originally implemented to allow players to try out their ships in a non PvP environment. The bots have mostly just been moving targets, just hard enough so they don’t get beaten before other players have a chance to attack.

And having a fast match is good if you are one of those people who prefer to grind in co-op. With the fast matches and near guaranteed win, a good player can grind faster in co-op than random.

Thanks for the history lesson.....but, having been a player for three years, I was and am aware of what the original intent was behind bots.

However, I am also aware that PvE is now an arena in its own right; not everyone desires to play PvP.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,702 posts
13,903 battles
18 minutes ago, HenryCrun said:

Thanks for the history lesson.....but, having been a player for three years, I was and am aware of what the original intent was behind bots.

However, I am also aware that PvE is now an arena in its own right; not everyone desires to play PvP.

I'm a better bot killer than I was 3 years ago.

Probably lots of other players are too.

[CLAY]
1,494 posts
9,281 battles
42 minutes ago, HenryCrun said:

Fair enough. I myself use co-op when I need near guaranteed wins for missions, because random can be too difficult and time consuming for certain missions (I.e. anything which ends in “... and win”)

In all honestly, so long as I can get some kills in before they all die, I see no reason to make it harder. (Just looking at these forums, you’ll see a long list of other ‘problems’ in WoWs which WG should deal with first :cap_haloween:)

Though That said, they should give bot team a points advantage so they don’t bottom out in points before they all die.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,329 posts
11,872 battles

either suggest a 12 players vs 12 bots.

Coop Battles needs more bots. 8 in PC is lacking. while 9 bots on coop are in the console version.

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,504 battles

This is by design. We like coop mostly because the games are short. Instead of a 20 minutes long PvP carry game where I get 2k base, I can just spam 2 coop games and get alomst 1.6k - 1.8k base exp, minus the frustration and tension. You get the point, right? 

475 posts
1,538 battles
1 minute ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Co-op is great for grinding.

Great for your sanity as well.....

Run premium + premium ship = Best feeling ever... 

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,578 posts
3 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

Run premium + premium ship + Flags + Signals = AWESOME!!

992881165_WoWCo-op6_12_2018.thumb.PNG.f168ad6c83187d05bf4e9439a9e8242d.PNG

Edited by LtDan_IceCream
  • Cool 2

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,504 battles
12 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

I just shoot for those 1K+ base exp coop games. Not that hard to get if you know what gives you xp. 10 minutes for 1K base exp is pretty worth.

Spoiler

shot-18_11.12_23_55.27-0954.thumb.jpg.9177cceb69dff23ba7f81916ab971d03.jpg

shot-18_10.31_23_27.55-0002.thumb.jpg.2143225687691fdc4c56c2293c9ef9bd.jpg

Edited by icy_phoenix

475 posts
1,538 battles
38 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Run premium + premium ship + Flags + Signals = AWESOME!!

992881165_WoWCo-op6_12_2018.thumb.PNG.f168ad6c83187d05bf4e9439a9e8242d.PNG

Ah I see you have Sushi too. I run premium and perma camo, a good match can make you 200k without signals. 

475 posts
1,538 battles
30 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I just shoot for those 1K+ base exp coop games. Not that hard to get if you know what gives you xp. 10 minutes for 1K base exp is pretty worth.

Hide contents

shot-18_11.12_23_55.27-0954.thumb.jpg.9177cceb69dff23ba7f81916ab971d03.jpg

shot-18_10.31_23_27.55-0002.thumb.jpg.2143225687691fdc4c56c2293c9ef9bd.jpg

Man how you manage to get 1k xp, my max xp is 954 xp with B*,llsacc, and only 1 match. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,504 battles
8 minutes ago, waichung1823 said:

Man how you manage to get 1k xp, my max xp is 954 xp with B*,llsacc, and only 1 match. 

Oh, see that unusual high number? Yeah, plane kills 😛

475 posts
1,538 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Oh, see that unusual high number? Yeah, plane kills 😛

CV plane attractor eh... I cant even get more than 15 plane kills haha, BOT CV loves DD so much. 

Edited by waichung1823

[SEARN]
724 posts
11,942 battles
9 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Though That said, they should give bot team a points advantage so they don’t bottom out in points before they all die.

I have been advocating just this for quite a while. It is easy to do and simple for WG to implement, yet actually fixes the core issues with coop mode. Bot team that gets no points from capping or ship kills. End result bot team gets no points, game over in under 3-4 minutes. Game ends extremely quickly with 1-2  bot ships still alive in the game.

Unfortunately too often it is a waste of time even clicking battle button it is over so quick. I have countless screenshots of games that didn't even last 3-4 minutes, including many sub 3 minute games. Depending on my spawn and ship type too often it means I cannot do anything in the battle before it is all over. Regularly getting 3-4 minutes game time in a 20 minute game mode is pretty poor.

Bot AI still needs some love though, especially with the torp bug still present. Bot team mates or enemy bots will spam torps randomly in any direction even where there is not a ship! Superhuman accuracy of Yamato and Musashi is very annoying too, they never miss or get bad RNG  like I do, when they shoot at my Yamasushi. :Smile-angry: Won't fix everything but giving bots a points lead will go a long way to improving co-op.

[SEARN]
724 posts
11,942 battles

1K + base XP games in co-op are not the enigma most people assume. All of my T10s (all 18 of them) and I think all my T9's have all had more than a few 1K + base XP games. I would say almost all of my T8s and many T7s would have as well. My record for co-op is 1890 base XP.

When it all comes together though it is very nice. This game wasn't even an all bot game, I actually had 3 other human team mates, but I was left alone from early on to bring the win. This was 1146 base XP.

Mighty Mo says Gday  ;-P

shot-18_12.27_11_08.03-0371.thumb.jpg.3256e620fa0d8cac7b92914f23a37943.jpg

[SGC]
Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,504 battles
23 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

1K + base XP games in co-op are not the enigma most people assume. All of my T10s (all 18 of them) and I think all my T9's have all had more than a few 1K + base XP games. I would say almost all of my T8s and many T7s would have as well. My record for co-op is 1890 base XP.

1.8k is recorded with premium account buff I believe. You can't have that high base.

And yes, it's not that uncommon when not many human players around and there is a bot CV.

I prefer when I am the only human player, that's when coop can rival the output of random battles in terms of time spent.

I still would not waste my signals and camo on coop though.

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,778 posts
5,633 battles

A 12 x 12 coop would be a nice game.  But in the end I don't play coop for a challenge or excitement.  Its played to get things done quick and simple and avoid a lot of the heartburn that randoms gives you. 

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,578 posts
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I still would not waste my signals and camo on coop though.

If you play co-op only, it isn't wasting them at all.......

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,578 posts
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

A 12 x 12 coop would be a nice game.  But in the end I don't play coop for a challenge or excitement.  Its played to get things done quick and simple and avoid a lot of the heartburn that randoms gives you. 

Well put!

Sign in to follow this