Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Probably a bad reason to buy a ship but...

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles

I have been looking ahead to the final stage of the Prinz Idle Freddy campaign.

Specifically the War Economy missions.

I don't have any Pan American, Italian or Polish ships.

There is a discount for ships bought in game with doubloons at the moment.

I could afford Blyskawica, Abruzzi or Duca D'Aosta.

Some quick reading of LWM reviews makes me think that Duca D' Aosta would be the best of the three.

She sounds fun. 

Does she get a "si signore" from anyone with experience of her/these ships?

duca6.jpg

251 posts
3,323 battles

I bought PEF instead. It will make it much easier to do directives (including the particular mission you mentioned) and also I can start PEF combat mission much early (so no rush at the last weeks). And then at directives completion I will get 6800 doub (about doubloon worth of my money when I purchased PEF). So, Not bad IMO.

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
5 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

I bought PEF instead. It will make it much easier to do directives (including the particular mission you mentioned) and also I can start PEF combat mission much early (so no rush at the last weeks). And then at directives completion I will get 6800 doub (about doubloon worth of my money when I purchased PEF). So, Not bad IMO.

Yeah I just don't have cash at the moment - just have a few grand doubloons in game - so was thinking of using them.

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
8 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Abruzzi will probably make money faster than Duca. Whatever you do, do not buy Blyska. Now its a wreck.

T7 probably wiser than T6 in the long run too.

I'll give her a spin.

[TF44]
70 posts
9,928 battles

The Italians give the French a run for their money when it comes to the super squishy bote award. 🙂

Beta Tester
1,659 posts
10,569 battles
3 minutes ago, Taipan17 said:

The Italians give the French a run for their money when it comes to the super squishy bote award. 🙂

!!!!!!!

465 posts

I have the Duca, she is a fun ship, but she is also heavily dependent of captain skills. The more skills you have, the better she plays and fun who have. I just got 14 points and have both IFHE and Concealment, much better than IFHE alone, and a friend of mine is also glad to have 14 points on his. He went Concealment first and IFHE second. 

For me, I had to get used to rapid detection and hard drop off, but decent output of damage. He had to get used to HE not being as effective as it should have. Lots of pen issues on some BBs and higher tier CAs, but he had an easier time running around the map. 

Just remember, your torpedoes are lolpatoes.  You get lols out of them, usually only on potatoes.  I love shooting them down where the enemy should go, I get lots of surprise hits out of those. Usually not the ones I'm aiming at, but someone else who moves into the area.  

[ANZAC]
370 posts
12,276 battles

Yeah, that 4million credit s x 6 nations looks super grindy. 

Ok, with the Missouri it's really 5 nations. 

Even with credit flag/ cammos stacked I don't know how realisttic this is to grind. 10 games per nation at 400k per game? And my average likely ro be under that. I'll have to test tonight and see what my avg credit per game is, I don't pay any attention to that usually.

[SEARN]
626 posts
9,017 battles
3 hours ago, j0e90 said:

Yeah, that 4million credit s x 6 nations looks super grindy.  

Ok, with the Missouri it's really 5 nations. 

Even with credit flag/ cammos stacked I don't know how realisttic this is to grind. 10 games per nation at 400k per game? And my average likely ro be under that. I'll have to test tonight and see what my avg credit per game is, I don't pay any attention to that usually. 

Don't forget WG said it was entirely possible to complete all 4 stages and still get PEF in one week. :Smile_sceptic: 

491113599_rodneyyeahright.png.62b1ae1a2b85d7e56051b11f79e5f205.png

251 posts
3,323 battles
On 12/28/2018 at 11:21 AM, Max_Battle said:

I have been looking ahead to the final stage of the Prinz Idle Freddy campaign.

Specifically the War Economy missions.

I don't have any Pan American, Italian or Polish ships.

There is a discount for ships bought in game with doubloons at the moment.

I could afford Blyskawica, Abruzzi or Duca D'Aosta.

Some quick reading of LWM reviews makes me think that Duca D' Aosta would be the best of the three.

She sounds fun. 

Does she get a "si signore" from anyone with experience of her/these ships?

duca6.jpg

So what ship did you end up buying?

Sign in to follow this