Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_GALEN

Operation of the Week T.U.F, Worst Nightmare?

58 comments in this topic

116 posts
3,571 battles

I just want to share my opinion about this operation of the week

The Ultimate Frontier is the worst OPERATION I've ever played since it first released. (well, that's escalated quickly)

1. You can't carry on this mission (Absolutely)
2. Not a friendly way to learn for a new player (maybe? or maybe not)
3. Enemy is better than the random players (Player < AI:cap_yes:
4. Lack of RPM = Defeat? (hmm, yeah sometimes) :cap_fainting:
5. Who will sunk that enemy CV?  (Situational)

Edited by Commander_GALEN

Super Tester
4,004 posts
4,419 battles

The Ultimate Fail.

I wont be doing this operation because people cant work as a team.   Winning is simple as long as people follow a few steps but we cant have that here.  We have to play like headless chickens as usual.

Alpha Tester
139 posts
3,583 battles

It is the hardest by far operation to complete.

I believe that some people got 5 stars at the very beginning, but they changed the difficulty soon after.

I have never got 5 stars and almost no one i know has 5 stars in it.

Mind you, you'll get plenty of liars tell you otherwise.

342 posts
7,458 battles

There are 2 deciding factors in T.U.F that will undoubtedly mean that you won't get 5 Stars.

1. Soon as the game starts and if you have a Destroyer on your side, and instantly takes off to battle it out with the 2 enemy destroyers, the chances are they will fail without the support of the rest of the team. Either the enemy destroyers will kill the friendly, or the incoming battleships will spot the friendly and focus fire.

This issue can be extended to CV's also. The less skilled CV players will try to drop the enemy Destroyers and miss, thusly the enemy Destroyers will run north behind the incoming battleships and then towards the airfield to take out one of the gun emplacements. The Destroyers then need to be chased down quickly, but they aren't detected again until the friendly flotilla is in the mouth of the bay/airfield - which is too late to do anything.

2. Battleships. Now it should only take 1 battleship to go North/East to take on the 2 enemy cruisers, but time and time again I see 2 things happen. 1. Both battleships go N/E to take on the cruisers rendering both of them useless as its quite a sail back and everything is out of range. 2. Both of the battleships sail south to take on the enemy battleships and cruiser leaving the 2 cruisers to take down the planes.

We all want to be sitting pretty at the top of the charts flexing our pecks while patting our self on the back because of the hard carry we just did, but if you have 8 kills and 300k damage but its a loss. What does 500XP and 150k credits mean... was it really all worth it.... being on top of a loss? It's a waste of 20 minutes of everyone's time, and just leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

Communication is key in this Scenario if you want to succeed. Don't automatically think that a team mate will do something, take initiative and make the move yourself.

Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles

No, no, no!

I'll not have this!

THEY ARE PLAYING FOR FUN!

I've learned the most important lesson of all... to play for fun.

I mean that's more important than a well orchestrated team game that actually requires people to know what they are doing right?

I just had this game where I scored 5 goals and the whole team just PLAYED FOR FUN!

FUN!

FUN!

FUN!

fun

All games should be like this!

Soccer (football, whatever) should have most of the players just running around drooling on each other and laughing FOR FUN!

Most of the team shouldn't know where the goal is, or even how to kick a ball!

IT'S MORE FUN THAT WAY!

so much fun

fail.jpg

Alpha Tester
418 posts
12,838 battles

So hard trying to find a division to avoid playing Ultimate FU. Almost everyone is typing in their native language that result in white boxes, so I have no idea what the heck they're saying. The fact that WG still hasn't fixed this damn op proves that the complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

1 post
17 battles
3 hours ago, Nikolaevna said:

Almost everyone is typing in their native language that result in white boxes

Yeah, That is the most annoying, Its ASIA, hate the language barrier. 
No communication = No FUN, its like you are playing alone with a bot teammate? 

1,454 posts
9,418 battles
10 hours ago, _Sabre_ said:

It is the hardest by far operation to complete.

I believe that some people got 5 stars at the very beginning, but they changed the difficulty soon after.

I have never got 5 stars and almost no one i know has 5 stars in it.

Mind you, you'll get plenty of liars tell you otherwise. 

Guess I am a liar then. :Smile_hiding:

shot-18_12.28_03_13.48-0019.thumb.jpg.f86b5cb51600fc4280fc4019c26536ad.jpgshot-18_12.28_03_13.55-0510.thumb.jpg.a87c6196d2703b830e699508abde01cb.jpg

This was from tonight's games.

As before, getting 5-stars in Ultimate Frontier is very hard, but not impossible. You need good teammates who know what to do. Imo it is probably the hardest out of all the Operations.

44 posts
5,026 battles

I think I got 5 stars a few months ago.

I was in Gneisenau with reasonably good AA due to secondary build. I dropped the cruiers in the NE solo, and then parked in the flightlane the reds use to bomb the gun emplacements. We also had a good CV player. I died about 45 seconds before we won, but killed a lot of CA's and planes.

[CLAY]
464 posts
6,451 battles
13 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

IT'S MORE FUN THAT WAY!

so much fun

fail.jpg

How many special flags did you have equiped?

Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles
6 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

How many special flags did you have equiped?

The answer to that is probably the same as:

Q: "How many pushups can Chuck Norris do?"

A: "All of them"

[CLAY]
464 posts
6,451 battles

So, core problem is you can’t carry, and most random players don’t know how to do it properly.

I wonder if other servers have this problem.

I’ve felt of late that ops don’t get the love they deserve from WG. They are focused on the PvP aspect of the game.

60 posts
5,801 battles

I picked up a lot of worthwhile members for my clan through this operation as it's easy to see who is using their brain, acting like a responsible team member, taking the initiative where necessary, and responding to chat messages. 

My computer is pretty fritzed at the moment and I can't get it fixed until the new year, but I for one am sorry I'm missing out on the challenge of this operation.

60 posts
5,801 battles
13 hours ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Challenge Accepted:-184144557_WorldofWarships27_12_20187_25_18PM.thumb.png.798a309a9a8ff9f450d4a5823a089fc2.png

868984919_WorldofWarships27_12_20187_25_35PM.thumb.png.67e7a9d264ea8eb30cc654dbce70e188.png

And here is the video:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbsA3XoCqoU&amp;t=65s

Played this evening.

Alex B_T23

5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Guess I am a liar then. :Smile_hiding:

shot-18_12.28_03_13.48-0019.thumb.jpg.f86b5cb51600fc4280fc4019c26536ad.jpgshot-18_12.28_03_13.55-0510.thumb.jpg.a87c6196d2703b830e699508abde01cb.jpg

This was from tonight's games.

As before, getting 5-stars in Ultimate Frontier is very hard, but not impossible. You need good teammates who know what to do. Imo it is probably the hardest out of all the Operations.

Well done guys :Smile_medal::Smile_medal:

Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles
21 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

more compulsive telling of lies ~

Hide contents

nisKp0A.jpg

Oh it's LIES we be telling now be it?

Yarr, I've a tale or two fer yer!

lies.jpg

1,249 posts
11,183 battles

Actually it's not difficult to5 star with a 7 player div(with a CV).

But as for Random noobs....

1.Refuse to attack Atlanta

2.Refuse to concentrate fire on mission ship

3.Refuse to attack CV

4.Refuse to attract fire for airfield,just hide in repair cowardly.

Beta Tester
1,607 posts
10,148 battles

I have had a few games of this Op since yesterday.

Most of the 5 star games were precipitated by communication.

A simple discussion of "who's on first?", oh I mean, "who's going top right?" can lead to all kinds of horrible team work and non fun playing...

...that also leads to 5 stars.

BAH!

Who wants 5 stars when you can play for fun!?

Sign in to follow this