Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShaddowAU

Why don't WG do a 'WoWS: Age of Sail' subsection/expansion?

8 comments in this topic

83 posts

Yes, some people are just going to look at this and go WTH but why not? WG is currently running a collection focusing on the pre-Dreadnaught era so why not go back further? You can't tell me you wouldn't love to take the 104-gun HMS Victory or the 64-gun HMS Agamemnon (Nelson's favourite ship) and go pound the living crap out of the French 80-gun Bucentaure or even good 'Old Ironsides', USS Constitution. I know this is a wild dream and WG are unlikely to ever to do it (well the Imperial Russian Navy where quite active in this period so they might consider it) but it could work. You would have similar categories of ships with the BBs being represented by the big 'Ships of the Line', CLs becoming the medium sized frigates, and the DDs being the fast and nibble sloops, brigs, cutters and schooners (for some reason I feel like I want a beer right now) that could dart in and bow or stern rake a Ship of the Line or frigate before it could bring its broadside to bear. An equivalent of CVs might be an issue to include but no one likes CVs in the game anyway (you could have a flock of trained seagulls or albatross that fly in and simultaneous crap on a ship's sails to slow them down or on the gun crews to gross them out and reduce their firing rate... its just an idea 😛 ).

Edited by ShaddowAU

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,522 battles

I actually don't mind if WG came out ships like Flying Dutchman or Black Pearl aka Wicked Wench type of ship as long as they restricted in ome mode something like Twilight. And ofcoz those ship are short range and takes sometime to reload. 

If its happen, surely i will do that with my teammate ThornyAgileAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif.a60d00eac74593df603dd8fd5cae4e8a.gif

Edited by waichung1823

[HMASW]
1,688 posts

There's a good game very much like this I play on my phone, its called "the pirate; Caribbean hunt".... I got it off google play .. Its great & also very addictive... It would be great to make on on PC..

Ordrazz

468 posts
4,675 battles
6 hours ago, waichung1823 said:

If its happen, surely i will do that with my teammate ThornyAgileAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif.a60d00eac74593df603dd8fd5cae4e8a.gif

That's literally how I abuse every BB in the game. Firing a deadly full broadside to the enemy is just satisfying.

140 posts
5,593 battles

the battle sequences in that movie was so dumb ..unrealistic .. when I saw it I cringed ... no commander worth his salt wouldn't get anywhere near into that situation ... actually I laughed at the ridiculousness off it

673 posts
5,387 battles

WoWS: WW1-WW2 (1900s-1950s) era warships.

WoWS 2: Cold War era warships with guided missiles and early jets.

WoWS 3: modern warships (1990s-now).

WoWS -1: Ironclad-era warships.

WoWS -2: Age of sail warships.

WG please do a WoWS x Pirates of the Caribbean.

Edited by Paladinum

83 posts
1 hour ago, chicony56 said:

the battle sequences in that movie was so dumb ..unrealistic .. when I saw it I cringed ... no commander worth his salt wouldn't get anywhere near into that situation ... actually I laughed at the ridiculousness off it

Its Hollywood, only they would think to have the "goog guys" deliberately get themselves into a point blank crossfire where they would destroy each others ship's and kill each other's crew, on top of the enemy.

Sign in to follow this