Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xamdam

Nope! Not wasting my holiday doing this.

93 comments in this topic

2,704 posts
6,451 battles

When I see that week of Directives, I was like:

nope

But apparently if you're insane enough you can earn that much cred by having prem time + enough cred signal flags

I'd rather wait for the German 2nd BB line/BB split instead.

Edited by Paladinum

[TF44]
190 posts
7,318 battles

Didn't really check the details, but that's 24 million credits of grinding, which will take approx. 20 years of Co-op for many. Is this some kind of early April fools joke, or is there some kind of mistake? I hope they modify it to make it more reasonable.

4M in Pan Asian ships is like a virtual trip to a Siberian Gulag.

Edited by scottme
added salt

53 posts
11,679 battles

saying it like that it sounds dumb.... but get Daesha to explain in a perky lil posey way... it will sound a lot more reasonable!

• Boring 1

[CLAY]
1,401 posts
8,978 battles

Wait... you actually have to earn those credits in the specific nations ships? Damn it!

Japan, easy enough with either Yamato or Atago. 

USA, Missouri, easy.

USSR...I have Budyonny, maybe I should shell out for Kronshtadt.

Germany... 20 games in Bismarck?

UK, Belfast.

Pan Asia... Uh...do I even have one of those? Wait, I have a Fushun I got for the New Year missions last year.

Apologies in advance if you see me spamming these ships in random, I’ll probably get better after the 20th game...or worse.

166 posts

Are they f#@king kidding??? I did all of this weeks ones (except the P.E. Friedrich only one) yesterday just knocking off snow flakes and thought, this will be reasonable to get this ship, didn't see the above. I don't even have any tier 5 USSR, French, Polish, Pan-Asia or Pan-American ships* so thanks for nothing, yet again WG.

I've seen this before from WG when I used to play WoT Console, they make reward items really hard to get at the end. They know you will have become emotionally invested in getting the item and then when you realise its out of reach for you, lo and behold you can pay cash for it in the Premium Shop and save yourself the time and effort (well not this little black duck). WG and their endless greed preying on their customer base.

*for Germany I only have the Graf Spee above tier 4. Getting 4 Million credits in the pocket battleship will be a nightmare.

Edited by ShaddowAU

2,704 posts
6,451 battles

This year's reward ship is much harder to get than last year's Dude of Yokes. It was a frantic race against time, but the nation restrictions on this one is the turn-off factor here.

Edited by Paladinum

[TF44]
349 posts
3,192 battles

Yep. Another NOPE!!! here.

I'll just spend the $40au. and save the time (my time) grinding. After Christmas. The Directive can just run in the back ground and pick up some of the goodies.

The ship itself fits the bill for me. An interesting ship that I can use in T6 ops. with my 19 point Bismarck Skipper. one of the few "Paper ships" I feel attracted to.

Mind you, she is not the ship I was really waiting for. USS Wichita. 

Alex B_T23

Officer Commanding

Tiger Force.

[PAMAN]
168 posts
6,001 battles

After seeing mission / directive for this new year event, I decided not to complete it, and go for holiday instead. At least I might work on missions that give me New Year boxes, for completion of Belle collection (especially for the flag reward). Unfortunately, the Eitel (Which is for me, not worth to buy with real money. Even after testing the Eitel all the time last night. The Eitel is owned by my friend, and I got her permission to use her account to test that ship) are needed to get most of the boxes via Mighty Prinz campaign. So, the completion of Belle collection are still questionable for me. :Smile_unsure:

I will consider the Dreadnought for free (I'll got her tomorrow) as the only new year reward from WG. :Smile_sad:

[REPOI]
5,219 posts
21,858 battles

let's see

IJN: sushi/ all the T10 premo

USN:misso/dynamo sims/ all the T10 premo

USSR: kutu/krons/ all the T10 premo

germany: derpitz or scharn I guess? I don't like those ships that much anymore but I can deal with them for a few matches or just prem skin hindy

UK:warspite/cossack prem skinned mino

pan asia: loyang

yeah im pretty set, I have a long vacation anyways

[TF44]
349 posts
3,192 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelRVH said:

Heard she isn't good. But at least she looks nice compares to other tier 6 BBs.

Mmm---Maybe. Watching the cc's play her, she is a Battle Cruiser so she will have her own play style. Perhaps like HMS Hood maybe?

[STEIN]
177 posts
6,117 battles
2 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Mmm---Maybe. Watching the cc's play her, she is a Battle Cruiser so she will have her own play style. Perhaps like HMS Hood maybe?

If she's like Hood then surely I will love her, good accuracy & versatile :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[-ISO-]
742 posts
5,616 battles

I'd rather not to complete it. It requires some premium stuff to even fully complete it in time. Grinding her with casual way is like waiting in vine with some useless effort involved. 

[POI]
923 posts
9,224 battles

that last directive, 5 can be done with the Prinz? Wow, does that mean WG actually sort of push players to buy Prinz at last minute?

Italy

Polland

Commenwealth

Pan-America

plus German i supposed

166 posts

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. If you buy the P.E. Friedrich at $40.51 then completing the task to earn the P.E. Friedrich becomes really easy. For the last week's tasks the last 4 of these can be also done with the P.E. Friedrich so you just need to do that once to complete all 4 task then just do 2 others, much easier. Doing all this rewards you with the ship, or if you have it as in this case, 6,800 doubloons as compensation. 6,500 doubloons cost $37.20 so at that cost 6,800 are worth about $38.91, very close to the $40.51 you originally paid. So if you are looking to buy more doubloons in the near future then this seems like a reasonable way to get both the ship and the doubloons. Being fairly new to WoWS is this how WG will do it and pay you 6,800 doubloons as compensation?

Normally I would just give WG the bird over this but as I need doubloons soon this seems like an option.

[LBAS]
475 posts
1,538 battles
17 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. If you buy the P.E. Friedrich at $40.51 then completing the task to earn the P.E. Friedrich becomes really easy. For the last week's tasks the last 4 of these can be also done with the P.E. Friedrich so you just need to do that once to complete all 4 task then just do 2 others, much easier. Doing all this rewards you with the ship, or if you have it as in this case, 6,800 doubloons as compensation. 6,500 doubloons cost $37.20 so at that cost 6,800 are worth about $38.91, very close to the $40.51 you originally paid. So if you are looking to buy more doubloons in the near future then this seems like a reasonable way to get both the ship and the doubloons. Being fairly new to WoWS is this how WG will do it and pay you 6,800 doubloons as compensation?

Normally I would just give WG the bird over this but as I need doubloons soon this seems like an option.

Basically you spend $40 to get Doubleloons in return instead of PEF ( If you have time to complete the task for PEF). Yes WG will compensate Doubleloons for duplicated premium ship. 

Also if you get PEF earlier, you can access into Nerves Of steel daily mission and earn more than 3 or 4k steel (i cant remember) and also have time to get 5 Tier 6 Tech tree ships with new year perma camo. 

Edited by waichung1823

[TLS]
1,844 posts
17,604 battles
17 minutes ago, ShaddowAU said:

Yes, you are correct. 

[-FUN-]
304 posts
4,385 battles
5 hours ago, Old_Spud_1965 said:

Didn't need that ship anyway. 

qmzu4ubz5f521.jpg

Do we have to do all 6? Usually each directives can be passed with only some of the listed mission

166 posts
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Yes, you are correct. 

This is getting tempting... Do we know for certain they will give 6,800 doubloons compensation when you earn it from PEF Event. Why I ask is that I got the 6,800 doubloons figure from what it says they will compensate you if you buy it from the Premium Store.

166 posts
3 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

Do we have to do all 6? Usually each directives can be passed with only some of the listed mission

There are 11 tasks for week 4 not just the 6 you can see pictured, you need to do 6 of the 11

Edited by ShaddowAU

[-FUN-]
304 posts
4,385 battles
1 minute ago, ShaddowAU said:

There are 11 tasks for week 4 not just the 6 you can see pictured, you need to do 6 of the 11

I see.. hoping those 5 tasks out of view don't require PEF so i can do some of them to replace credit tasks which I don't have any suitable ships to do reasonably quickly in.

Sign in to follow this