You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

Steel Monsters

24 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles

PEF Sales are total cut throat. The top package costs the same as I paid for university fees over two years. I am not even kidding.

Outrageous....

If the sales team thinks that these pricing are right, that means there must be people out there paying this much money. But as you see, not a single game problem has been addressed in this year. Easy money is making them lazy.

1,562 posts
9,723 battles

This is ridiculous. Nowhere in the shop does it give any detail on the campaign itself. What are the missions like, what are the requirements, what are the rewards. That is a lot of money to put down for an unknown campaign of unknown difficulty for unknown rewards. Why should I pay so much money for an unknown product?

Beta Tester
291 posts
2 hours ago, Grimnar42 said:

So we are paying for access to a campaign now hmmmmm not sure about that.

What do you guys think

I will not be included in that "we". 

What's next, pay to join random battles? 50 doubloons per? 

173 posts
4,857 battles
34 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

This is ridiculous. Nowhere in the shop does it give any detail on the campaign itself. What are the missions like, what are the requirements, what are the rewards. That is a lot of money to put down for an unknown campaign of unknown difficulty for unknown rewards. Why should I pay so much money for an unknown product?

Totally agree. All they had to do was include a summary of the following info from the 7.12 release:

... earn up to 28 days of Warships Premium Account time, various signal flags, and camouflage patterns. ... [and] rewards like 4,000 Steel, four Santa's Big Gifts, and one Santa's Mega Gift container.

$80 is pretty steep - seems they are using the "Snowflake" event to get people hooked on gaining a steel ship and then dangle this overpriced, underdescribed campaign.

I may support paid campaigns with exclusive / rare rewards, but this is OTT.

And given the number of PEFs sailing around last night, there were plenty of people ready to shell out $$$$. The basic package is in line with similar ships.

292 posts
3,718 battles

@Thyaliad and @scottme have a very good point. While I don't mind paid campaigns (as long as not every campaign they did afterwards is paid-only), the company really needs to give in-depth detail on the store page when you buy the campaign. I am hesitant on shelling out IDR 800 000 (mostly because I also have my eyes set on the ever-so-sexy Roma :cap_haloween:, and I am waiting for a discount) on something I do not know much of. It's like buying a cat in a bag, or buying shares without looking at financial statements.

I have noted your points, and put them in the feedback thread for the update.

On another note, someone on NA (yes, the very server we like to poke fun at for their amount of salt-spewing, sometimes over the pettiest of things) was kind enough to post the total payout of the campaign:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/177446-what-is-the-total-payout-of-the-steel-monsters-campaign/?do=findComment&comment=4172431

Edited by TD1

173 posts
4,857 battles

As much as I can gather, total steel availabe is:

maybe 1-2k average? - Snowflake steel (all)

2,000 - 'Prinz Eitel Friedrich' 4 week event (all)

2,019 - 'Nerves of Steel' Combat Mission (with PEF)

4,000 - 'Steel Monsters' Campaign (bought alone or with 2 top PEF bundles)

2,019 - 'The Might of Steel' (with top PEF bundle)

TOTALS

5-7k steel - people who don't buy anything

9-11k if you spend min $80

11-13k if you spend $176.

These assume that Steel Monsters and Might of Steel are only available through the shop.

Flint is 9,860 with 25% off

Black is 11,900 with 25% off

I'm sure that this was carefully designed like this. Still, you must say that WG has a delicate task to keep steel as a premium clan battle and ranked reward.

Edited by scottme
typo

2,351 posts
14,856 battles

According to this post

Full reward list:

• 4000 steel
  • 4 Big Santa Crates
  • 1 Mega Santa Crate
  • 28 WoWS premium days
  • 20 New Year Streamer camo
  • 10 New Year 2017 camo
  • 10 Type 3 - New Year camo
  • 10 Frosty Fir Tree camo
  • 3 Mosaic camo
  • 3 Asian Lantern camo
  • 3 Spring Sky camo
  • 10 Sierra Mike signals
  • 10 Indie Delta signals
  • 10 November Foxtrot signals
  • 10 Victor Lima signals
  • 10 Indie Yankee signals
  • 10 Mike Yankee Soxisix signals
  • 10 Juliet Charlie signals
  • 10 November Echo Setteseven signals

358 posts
13,776 battles

Im mostly concerned with where this is going rather than what you can get. Paying for access to a campaign, we already pay more for a single high tier premium ship than a lot of complete games cost.

I understand they have to make money to stay viable but this is really getting over the top. Look at the double dipping on premium ships you pay for modules with credits as well as needing dubloons to

convert the "XP" earned by the ship into free XP so you can actually use it. So now a campaign you pay for with a time limit. At least remove the time limit some of us do work our free time is limited. 

[1NATN]
487 posts
16,510 battles

I feel like it sets an ugly precedent and I'm hopeful it's not successful and, in turn, doesn't become a part of their business model. I've got no problem parting with cash for a game I enjoy and I say that despite being part of the AU TZ effectively excluded from being able to earn steel in Clan Wars. The development of premium ships requires a certain about of R & D but even then I have a moral objection to what the asking price of Tier 8's and above are, it's always seemed entirely unreasonable and hence I've never bought one.

Value is entirely subjective, but this campaign just doesn't seem like good value to me. I can think of maybe one or two guys in my clan that may purchase this campaign and we've got some dead set whales lurking in our ranks.

355 posts
10,910 battles
On 12/21/2018 at 3:41 AM, Grimnar42 said:

So we are paying for access to a campaign now hmmmmm not sure about that.

What do you guys think

What do I think?

It's pure bs.

For that kind of money, treat yourself with better spending in real life.

Ain't worth for spending that amount of cash for stupid expensive virtual items. You know WG has a "good history" for ruin players with the last Christmas over the year.

Edited by ArchKongou

57 posts
1,749 battles

I was actually looking forward to the "Steel Monsters" campaign, but the price tag actually got my jaw to drop. 

If it was a THIRD of the cost I would probably get it. If it was half? I MIGHT have gotten it. As it is? I can right now get about half the games on my @#$%ing steam wishlist for the cost of that one campaign. Now, I love this game...but that is simply ridiculous! 

I really really hope that this stupid cash grab doesn't make them nearly what they were hoping and when they revist the idea they price it appropriately. 

(Yeah right)

[SEARN]
626 posts
9,017 battles

Any prem ship available for steel if you were to put it into a dollar amount in WG's optimistic world would be well upwards of $75, as $75 is roughly a T8 prem BB is when bought as "ship only".

Considering the entire Steel Monsters campaign only gives you something like 4000 Steel, yet the campaign costs $80...……….. :Smile_amazed:

4000 steel doesn't even get you close to getting a Steel ship. So what monetary value exactly does WG place on these Steel ships? 

673 posts
5,387 battles
5 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

So what monetary value exactly does WG place on these Steel ships? 

Either that or WG REALLY don't want the average Joe to have Steel ships... A T10 super cruiser? A DD with radar in smoke? A CL with infinite DAAF?

Hats off to that.

4,744 posts
18,690 battles
2 hours ago, RAlDER said:

Mum got me the campaign , was very cheap ,  , but if you havent got the cash , then you havent got the cash for the campaign .

priorities people , that is all

nice to see that WG is milking her so well then

673 posts
5,387 battles

2.000 from 4 weeks of PEF Directives

2.019 from PEF mission chain

4.000 from Steel Monster DLC

That's 10.019 Steel

I think that's enough to get a Flint with the 25% coupon.

If you have, like, 10 T10 tech tree ships, and knock the Snowflakes off you'll get 1.000 Steel. You'd need only 700 more. T9 ships and T8 premiums will suffice it. Even enough to get Black with Coupon.

Edited by Paladinum

Beta Tester
1,219 posts
8,596 battles

I think most of the cost is due to the 5 Santa Gifts (1 Mega, 4 Big) and 28 days Premium time contained within the campaign. That alone is almost AU$40 worth. Of course, you might not want any of that and only be after the Steel (or rare camos) but if you're interested in all of the loot then it's not too bad.

251 posts
3,323 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

2.000 from 4 weeks of PEF Directives

2.019 from PEF mission chain

4.000 from Steel Monster DLC

That's 10.019 Steel

I think that's enough to get a Flint with the 25% coupon.

If you have, like, 10 T10 tech tree ships, and knock the Snowflakes off you'll get 1.000 Steel. You'd need only 700 more. T9 ships and T8 premiums will suffice it. Even enough to get Black with Coupon.

Soon, Randoms will be swarmed by Blacks and Flints driven by wallet warriors.. :Smile_trollface:

[AUSRP]
[AUSRP]
58 posts
7,591 battles
14 hours ago, zergling_ said:

Soon, Randoms will be swarmed by Blacks and Flints driven by wallet warriors.. :Smile_trollface:

:):):)

shot-18.12.25_12.47.47-0648.jpg