You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HuginnKR

WoWS Update 0.7.12

WoWS Update 0.7.12  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the 0.7.12 update?

• I like it!!!
    • I have some doubts about this patch.
    • I don't like it at all.

17 comments in this topic

WG Staff
477 posts

Hello captains,

We would like to hear your thoughts on how you like this update. Tell us your opinion.

Here are the inclusions for this update so far:

1. Snowflakes
  2. The "In the Name of His Highness!" Event
  3. The "Belle Époque" Collection
  4. The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign
  5. The "Steel Monsters" Campaign
  6. Warships Premium Account
  7. Ranked Sprints 

You can check detail patch note here: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-0712-holidays/

271 posts
3,472 battles

-Snowflakes: Very good idea and implementation IMO. Although, I'm saddened because I only have 3 tier 8 ships and can only earn steel in the high hundereds. But the coal earnings make me happy.

-In The Name Of His Highness: Seeing the last directive of earning so much credits makes my stomach lurch. 4 million per nation is a bit too much, and most people can't afford the time needed to grind out the credits. Maybe reduce the requirements to something like 3 or 2.5 mil per nation?

-Belle Epoque: How dare you write about the magnificent era of steel battleships and not include the HMS Dreadnought and the dreadnought-type battleships:cap_haloween:! I want my beloved soccer state ship (Bayern) in that campaign :Smile_teethhappy:!

-Steel Monsters: This I think should apply to current and future campaigns offered for sale: give in-depth detail on the campaign:

e.g how many "stages" are there, how many missions for each stage, is there a final mission (and how many stars needed, if there is a final misison, to unlock the final mission), what are the total rewards you can earn by playing the campaign, what tiers of ships are required for the campaing, etc etc etc.

While personally I think you do not need to disclose what the individual missions are, it wouldn't hurt to disclose more detail than right now, where so little is disclosed that it makes people hesitant to shell out money for the campaign, because they do not know beyond a little and fear that their money (which is quite a lot for Steel Monsters' case) isn't worth it.

Alpha Tester
416 posts
12,757 battles
On 12/20/2018 at 9:40 AM, HuginnKR said:

Here are the inclusions for this update so far:

1. Snowflakes
  2. The "In the Name of His Highness!" Event
  3. The "Belle Époque" Collection
  4. The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign
  5. The "Steel Monsters" Campaign
  6. Warships Premium Account
  7. Ranked Sprints 

1) This is nice. Won't be enough steel for me to afford Flint even with a discount coupon, but better than nothing.

2) At a glance the tasks look doable compared to last year's Duck of Yuck campaign. Still tedious though so I might not have time to finish it anyway, especially when the other directives are still locked. Very demanding tasks, yet paltry rewards. Doesn't seem the effort will pay off at the end.

3) Meh, would be better if you can replace the national flag of any ship with the Flag of Prussia.

4) Also meh. Unless I get PEF from the event, this campaign is useless to me. Not worth the effort.

5) Locking this campaign behind a paywall only reminds me why I've never opened my wallet on this game. Thank you WG for encouraging me to save my money.

6) This is a welcome addition as I don't play WoT anymore. Should've happened ages ago though.

7) Not interested in ranked battles.

Overall, another meh update. Campaign tasks are very tedious and not really worth the effort, especially when it's the holiday season. No new ships in the Arsenal except Charleston. No new premium ships in the tech tree either which is disappointing.

Edited by Nikolaevna

Super Tester
3,987 posts
4,379 battles

1.  A nice addition.

2. Very long an tedious.  Probably wont interest a lot of players and it is very grindy.

3.  Not a very interesting event.

4.  Nice event for low tier players but still requires a horrid grind or a cash injection.   

5.  WG is sliding further and further down that slippery slope of monetization when campaigns cost money to join.

6. A nice touch for players who only play WOWS.

7. Sprint is always a nice little event. 

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

271 posts
3,472 battles

I am personally fine with them locking campaigns behind a paywall, as long as they do not do it for every campaign. As Steel Monsters is only the first one, I think its too early to tell which path they are going to take. I'd take the high road and not complain about it, though the cost of the campaign is a bit repulsive for my wallet.

As for you people saying that the campaign is too expensive for the value: While steel is definitely the main incentive to buy it, you should also take into account all other rewards the campaign gives you. It's kind of like the loot crates, really (which Steel Monsters also gives you a bunch of). If you don't feel all the items (not just the main incentive, which is steel in this case) are worth it, then don't fork over the money.

Edited by TD1

Alpha Tester
416 posts
12,757 battles

Seriously WG, have they learned nothing from last year's Duck of Yuck campaign? Stop making these tasks so tedious, especially during the holiday season! I really don't think they've ever tried completing any of the campaign tasks they come up with themselves, much less play the game.

Edited by Nikolaevna

[LBAS]
4,671 posts
26,580 battles

WG, u must remove EXP reward for who went through mines field

my team suffer because not enough fire power to deal with planes and Torp boats

9 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

Dynamo Operation too bad

2 DDs heading to mines field and 2 sink after 2m and get reward more than the players who fight for convoy

provide no AA, no gun fire but reward more :cap_wander:

shot-19.01.03_21.07.51-0440.jpg

replay >> http://www.mediafire.com/file/zz38l4o2d1v825z/20190103_204913_PBSD106-Icarus_s05_Dunkirk.wowsreplay/file

Edited by MatterCore

[LBAS]
4,671 posts
26,580 battles
Just now, Nikolaevna said:

That Sims must be a very terrible player to finish below Blys and Icarus.

he went to far to the east >> bombers attacked him full time

Alpha Tester
416 posts
12,757 battles
On 12/20/2018 at 9:40 AM, HuginnKR said:
  • The "Mighty Prinz" Campaign

Observations so far after playing it for two days. The campaign is very tedious, though my biggest disappointment is that the tasks cannot be completed in scenarios which would've made the grind a little less stressful. Doesn't make sense that the "Nerves of Steel" mission can be completed in scenarios but not this campaign.